Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Network admin & VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Network admin & VPS

Hello,

im looking for the person experienced in Linux

I need a VPS which will be used as an reverse proxy.

VPS will be listening for SSH connections on an non standard port all other ports will be forwarded to an external IP (server in different datacenter).

This external server is an webserver with cpanel control panel.

I want to anonymize the webserver (and all its services/ports), by putting it behind this VPS reverse proxy which will forward all requests and send back all responses.

So i need this VPS (small hdd, 100gb data transfer,ram?) and an easy to follow tutorial on how (linux commands) to achive this thing.

Thank you

Comments

• you need someone to do that OR you need someone to tell you how to do that

Sry i don't understand properly

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited December 2015

@simonindia said:
    you need someone to do that OR you need someone to tell you how to do that

Sry i don't understand properly

Thx, i can do it myself, but i need someone to provide a tutorial

• @postcd said:
    Thx, i can do it myself, but i need someone to provide a tutorial

You clever? tutorial? lmao!!!

• Buy a server from Fran and get @francisco from buyvm to help you.

I think they've been setting up people will all kinds of advanced woodoo networking stuff.

postcd said: Thx, i can do it myself, but i need someone to provide a tutorial

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Haproxy?

• CF(CloudFlare)

• postcd said: achive

achieve*

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • Hey @postcd,
    You can checkout our latest offerings here.

Configuring this for you also wouldn't be a problem.

Regards,

Jacob.

@postcd said:
    Hello,

im looking for the person experienced in Linux

I need a VPS which will be used as an reverse proxy.

VPS will be listening for SSH connections on an non standard port all other ports will be forwarded to an external IP (server in different datacenter).

This external server is an webserver with cpanel control panel.

I want to anonymize the webserver (and all its services/ports), by putting it behind this VPS reverse proxy which will forward all requests and send back all responses.

So i need this VPS (small hdd, 100gb data transfer,ram?) and an easy to follow tutorial on how (linux commands) to achive this thing.

Thank you

• @Jacob thanks, but im not asking for configuring, i asked for the tutorial. i also want to be able to learn the process and understand how exactly it works.

@simonindia sorry, im using it and im not aware how i can use it this way.

@mikho you know any tutorial? that is what i asked at first place

• JacobJacob Member
    edited December 2015

@postcd You have a few options.

Easy, no configuration:
    https://www.inlab.de/balance.html - TCP Balance, I have used this personally and it works great, supports standard tcp port forwarding along with load balancing following the round robin technique.

Rinetd - I'm sure you've heard of this before, it's quite old but it works and is great the majority of the time.

Alternatively for a more complex setup, please see below:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-nginx-as-a-web-server-and-reverse-proxy-for-apache-on-one-ubuntu-14-04-droplet

And finally for UDP:
    You can use socat, there is also one other udp port forwarder but I can't remember the name.. :(

The tcp/udp tunnel packages require no configuration changes, all redirections are done via the CLI.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

postcd said: This external server is an webserver with cpanel control panel.

postcd said: @mikho you know any tutorial? that is what i asked at first place

Well, anonymising the incomming ports using HAproxy should be pretty easy, it's the outgoing connections that will be troublesome. Can you (ie Do you have the knowledge) to configure cPanel to forward all outgoing traffic (that is initiated from cPanel) to your proxy?

• mikho said: incomming

incoming

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited December 2015

@mikho, no i do not have knowledge to configure cPanel to forward all outgoing traffic (that is initiated from cPanel) to my proxy

@Jacob: thx, i googled Yours advised methods and im unsure if these methods will work as reverse proxy (not only request but also response needs to go via proxy), anyway it is still way difficult for me to realise what i need to do exactly so all ports are properly treated and it works as reverse proxy.

I googled, and there are some interesting things i found:

1)
    Reverse proxy TCP port 80 from everywhere (internet, intranet, dmz) through the firewall to the DMZ webserver
    socat TCP-LISTEN:80,reuseaddr,fork,su=nobody TCP:www.dmz.mydomain.org:80

2) iptables rules to setup forwarding on a proxy and host: http://serverfault.com/a/524226

sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport $SRCDS_PORT -j DNAT --to-destination $SRCDS_HOST

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p udp --dport $SRCDS_PORT -j MASQUERADE

3) from buyvm : http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/ipip_tunnel

but question is what method to use so it works and how to setup that so the proxy is used also for responses sent by host server, all. even UDP ports. My host server is cpanel/whm openvz vps with centOS (redhat based), its also important that incoming connection IPs are not my proxy, but real clients/website visitors.