Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a dedicated server--E3-1230v3 or better, 32GB RAM or better
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a dedicated server--E3-1230v3 or better, 32GB RAM or better

KiowaKiowa Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

Hello,

I'm looking for a dedicated server. I've got my eye on this one

But I just want to check if I can do better, or do the same cheaper. Requirements:

• single threaded performance must be no less than the E3-1230v3's.
  • At least 4 cores/8 logical cores.
  • Must have at least 32GB of RAM.
  • Must be located in US or Canada. (Dallas would be great, but is not a requirement)

Thanks all.

Comments

• Kiowa said: single threaded performance must score 2000+ according to cpubenchmark (most v3 processors will do this)

CPUBENCHMARK is USELESS you should be using geekbench or something like that.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

• Would Atlanta work?

Do you need a 240GB SSD on there?

• Atlanta would work. the 240gb SSD is not necessary though the storage shouldn't be too tiny.

• Would 120GB SSD work?

• Yep, 120 would work. Or a spinning disk.

• Ok so $79 - E3-1230v3, 32GB RAM, 120GB SSD or 1TB HDD (your choice).

No setup, available from stock

• @qps has E3-1270's

Thanked by 1qps
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket has E3-1270v3, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $99.99 in Atlanta with no setup fee.

Thanked by 1Nikki
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Ok so $79 - E3-1230v3, 32GB RAM, 120GB SSD or 1TB HDD (your choice).

No setup, available from stock

I do like this offer, however... Would you be able to match the QPS offering mentioned? (I wasn't really expecting to be able to get an E3-1270v3 near this price point but if it can be done for a few more $ per month, that is within my budget.)

@qps said:
    QuickPacket has E3-1270v3, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $99.99 in Atlanta with no setup fee.

This would be a very nice offer, but I don't see it on your website. Would this be a custom arrangement?

• We don't have any E3-1270v3's left, we are clearing all the old v3 stock now to make way for the more modern E3's.

• @Kiowa said:
    This would be a very nice offer, but I don't see it on your website. Would this be a custom arrangement?

QP has an even cheaper 1270v1 I believe.

• @MarkTurner said:
    We don't have any E3-1270v3's left, we are clearing all the old v3 stock now to make way for the more modern E3's.

Ok, I'll be in touch depending on other offers. Thanks much.

@PetaByet said:
    QP has an even cheaper 1270v1 I believe.

The 1270v1's performance is lower than the 1230v3--so I'm not really interested in a v1 processor.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Kiowa said: This would be a very nice offer, but I don't see it on your website. Would this be a custom arrangement?

Yes. Normally, the system comes with 2x 1TB drives for $149.99, but we have a $50 off coupon (50OFFXEON) that we are running on this system bringing the price to $99.99 per month. If you order it with 2x 1TB drives, open a sales ticket and link to this thread and we'll change the drive configuration to a single 256GB SSD for the same price.

PetaByet said: QP has an even cheaper 1270v1 I believe.

The E3-1270v1 configuration is only available in Los Angeles. It has 16GB RAM and 1TB hard drive for $69.99 per month.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1Nikki
  • I have some E3-1230v3 available in Fremont, CA

• Decided to try out QPS. They had the server provisioned in less than two hours (!) and I'm well on my way to installing the OS through IPMI. Thumbs up so far.

Thanked by 4vpsGOD qps Nikki JWU42
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Congrats! Installing the OS on a fresh bought server is a great feeling. @Kiowa

• I wish I need a dedicated server so I can get these amazing offers..

• @Kiowa said:
    Hello,

I'm looking for a dedicated server. I've got my eye on this one

But I just want to check if I can do better, or do the same cheaper. Requirements:

• single threaded performance must be no less than the E3-1230v3's.
    • At least 4 cores/8 logical cores.
    • Must have at least 32GB of RAM.
    • Must be located in US or Canada. (Dallas would be great, but is not a requirement)

Thanks all.

Can you let me know the providers website where you found this offer ?

• @vlearnedu said:
    Can you let me know the providers website where you found this offer ?

He bought the server from @qps , get with him he might have another you can buy.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Robertos said:
    The truth comes out of comparison, check out these 2 web hosts:
    1) Digitalserver.com.mx
    2) Pirateshosting.net
    They offer a wide range of dedicated servers to choose from. Compare them and choose the best for your specific needs.

@Jarland you know what to do :)

• @Robertos said:
    The truth comes out of comparison, check out these 2 web hosts:
    1) Digitalserver.com.mx
    2) Pirateshosting.net
    They offer a wide range of dedicated servers to choose from. Compare them and choose the best for your specific needs.

Robertos Spamalot?

Thanked by 2Clouvider Rolter
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

EDIT: Saw that OP moved with qps