Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voxility/OVH VPS resellers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Voxility/OVH VPS resellers?

I'm looking for a DDoS Protected VPS. Reason for this is that I'll be launching a web-app, though our competition is allegedly harassing/DDoS'ing newcomers in the market. I don't want to take any chances.

Reason I'm not buying from OVH directly is that I'm not comfortable with sending photocopy of my identification.

Specs I need are 1GB ram, ~15gb disk, 2 core pref/1 core will do.

So can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cloudose site is acting up, any experience with them?

Comments

• Location? Budget? Ssd?

• Well any OVH/Voxility location is good I guess. I'm looking for about 6-8$ a month, so buyvm is not an option (itll be 16$/month which is simply way too much)
    SSD is not a necessity, but would be convenient, just going to set up a reverse proxy with Anti-DDoS measures.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

then get directly from OVH for 3.49 usd

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Ahhh the days when $16/month is just too much to tank 100's of gbit of DDOS.

I love this market.

Francisco

• I love how you complain about a total of $16/month total is too much to tank 100gbit+ ddos attacks. I'll donate you $15 if it helps, that means you only need $1 to get buyvm - or wait, is $1 too much?

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

I leased a vps Friday evening, got it activated and validated today and no id was asked.

Though, they might have done background check. Not so damn difficult on google anyway.

orak said: Reason I'm not buying from OVH directly is that I'm not comfortable with sending photocopy of my identification.

• orakorak Member
    edited December 2015

@Francisco said:
    Ahhh the days when $16/month is just too much to tank 100's of gbit of DDOS.

I love this market.

Francisco

I'm not trying to bash your service, it's awesome! Had a storage server with you in the past. What I'm saying is that when I have 2 reverse proxies, that will simply run nginx alone, I'd much rather pay $16/month with effectively the same effect as your vps for $32/month. If I had the funds, I would deff. bought from you, this is simply not the case. Hence why I am on LET.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @GM2015 said:
    I leased a vps Friday evening, got it activated and validated today and no id was asked.

Though, they might have done background check. Not so damn difficult on google anyway.

Hmm well that would be my last resort :)
    Thanks for the insight, thought they did a check on every customer?

• @orak kvm try https://hostedbilling.net, ovz out of stock :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@orak said:
    I'm not trying to bash your service, it's awesome! Had a storage server with you in the past. What I'm saying is that when I have 2 reverse proxies, that will simply run nginx alone, I'd much rather pay $16/month with effectively the same effect as your vps for $32/month. If I had the funds, I would deff. bought from you, this is simply not the case. Hence why I am on LET.

I'm just haggling you, don't take it to heart.

At least you're looking at an OK sized plan. I've had more than my share of people snagging a $2/month plan + a filtered and then complain that $5/month is a lot for "just a GRE". In the sentence prior to that one they gave me their life's story about how they've been through a dozen other hosts because they keep getting knocked offline and they're desperate to get their site/game back online.

Francisco

• It was my first purchase from ovh on ovh.co.uk, so give ovh.com a try instead of buying from shady resellers.

orak said: Hmm well that would be my last resort :) Thanks for the insight, thought they did a check on every customer?

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited December 2015

I currently have Ashburn, VA 2Gbps protection and LA KVM with 10Gbps protection and LDN that can handle up to 20Gbps if that is enough, I didn't see any specific protection amount so just throwing that out there. I believe I even have an Idle vps from ovh sitting around will pm you on that matter.

• @IgniteServers said:
    I currently have Ashburn, VA 2Gbps protection and LA KVM with 10Gbps protection and LDN that can handle up to 20Gbps if that is enough, I didn't see any specific protection amount so just throwing that out there.

I'm not quite sure, that's why I'm looking for a tad higher.

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @Verelox is providing KVMs out of OVH France.

• He's reselling ovh and clouvider, and chrissg in west us, so move on.

orak said:

I'm not quite sure, that's why I'm looking for a tad higher.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2015

OVH can take up to 480 Gbps 24x7, permanent mitigation's great, protects even smaller flood sessions.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    He's reselling ovh and clouvider, and chrissg in west us, so move on.

I don't use OVH for one, also I have hardware in Ashburn and also in LA with Psychz as well as servers with Swiftnode so you might want to get your facts correct before making yourself out of an idiot, thanks move along.

• Your Canada location wasn't OVH? Who else is providing hosting in Canada (DC)?

• IgniteServers said: I don't use OVH for one, also I have hardware in Ashburn and also in LA with Psychz as well as servers with Swiftnode so you might want to get your facts correct before making yourself out of an idiot, thanks move along.

It is impossible to look like an idiot next to you.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • When I had a Canada location yep! it was OVH.

• Let's keep this thread somewhat civil, shall we?

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @orak said:
    Let's keep this thread somewhat civil, shall we?

No problem ill get back with you mid day on the vps heading our for now.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@orak said:
    Well any OVH/Voxility location is good I guess. I'm looking for about 6-8$ a month, so buyvm is not an option (itll be 16$/month which is simply way too much)
    SSD is not a necessity, but would be convenient, just going to set up a reverse proxy with Anti-DDoS measures.

Hello there,

Please take a look at those packages: https://www.hetnix.com/he2bill/cart.php?gid=19
    Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation is included.

Thank you.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

RamNode is $10 in Seattle -- https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=214

For web application, would recommend CloudFlare or similar service instead of network DDoS filtering, then transport-level attacks aren't a concern; and, even with network filtering, you still need a robust caching / mitigation system to deal with HTTP flood and similar attacks.

• @perennate said:
    RamNode is $10 in Seattle -- https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=214

For web application, would recommend CloudFlare or similar service instead of network DDoS filtering, then transport-level attacks aren't a concern; and, even with network filtering, you still need a robust caching / mitigation system to deal with HTTP flood and similar attacks.

CloudFlare will be used in cinjunction with nginx-testcookie.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

We use Voxility for our protection, UK hosting £5 per GB.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Hey,

If you need something reliable I have OpenVZ servers in OVH's Montreal datacenter. Our KVM stuff is in Psychz Dallas. Send me a PM here on the forums and I can give you some information and a trial if you wish. We have extensive monitoring setup and you can request a refund if you have performance issues at any time.

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

Ginernet and HostEasy use Voxility.

ZXPlay awesome KVM yearly VPS offer (OVH FR/CA) is still available.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • WeblogicsWeblogics Member
    edited December 2015

@orak said:
    I'm looking for a DDoS Protected VPS. Reason for this is that I'll be launching a web-app, though our competition is allegedly harassing/DDoS'ing newcomers in the market. I don't want to take any chances.

Reason I'm not buying from OVH directly is that I'm not comfortable with sending photocopy of my identification.

Specs I need are 1GB ram, ~15gb disk, 2 core pref/1 core will do.

Check with @MCHPhil at My Custom Hosting who sells out of OVH Canada - which has DDoS protection.

Great guy (I have 1x KVM plan) with him.

MCHPhil's latest Offers post here still looks to be valid.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015