Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with LET on Mobile Devices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problem with LET on Mobile Devices

MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
edited November 2011 in General

I've noticed this alot, and I'm not sure if its just me.

On my iPhone on the Mobile Version of LET, if I click on a thread, it scrolls to the latest post, however it dosent allow me to scroll up, and it I try just instantly pushes me back down to the bottom.

It happens most the time, anyway been getting this on their Android/iPhone

Comments

• Everything is fine on E90 with symbian.

• NickMNickM Member
    edited November 2011

Working fine on Android in the default browser.

• Works fine on my iPhone, but I'm using Mercury as my default browser.

• iOS 5.0.1 with Safari and having no problems with LET so far.

• It happens to me when I haven't finished loading and I start scrolling.

• @draco that must be what's causing it, I'm impatient.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

Works okay-okay on the Dolphin Browser on Samsung Monte, the layout does not load sometimes.

• What a surprise a apple device aint working properly!

Thanked by 1tux
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited November 2011

@DanielM said: What a surprise a apple device aint working properly!

Nice, the first troll post! Let me continue with that: Maybe the page didnt load because you holded the cell phone with the wrong hand, and you got bad reception.

• Lol.

Dunno, I use opera mini n_n

• I live in the UK, mobile networks are not the issue.

We have 5 iPhone carriers and unlocked iPhones, as well as our 3G being faster then Verizons 4G

It's probably a bug in the JavaScript, and let's remember WebKits JavaCore > Trident

• I was thinking the javascript as well because that caused the same problem on one of the older forums. The javascript failed to work right, the browser was still waiting to have the page fully load and it said at the url.

Al these fancy texts and whatnot come at a price. I know I currently can't login into Panera because their login requires javascript within a form and I can't do that in my text browsers. Heard zip from the company about it. About ready to file an ADA complaint on it.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited November 2011

@netomx said: said: What a surprise a apple device aint working properly! Nice, the first troll post! Let me continue with that: Maybe the page didnt load because you holded the cell phone with the wrong hand, and you got bad reception

No troll posts. simply stating basic facts.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited November 2011

@Daniel said: It's probably a bug in the JavaScript, and let's remember WebKits JavaCore > Trident

Can you not get firefox on iphone? ( As on android)

• @DanielM said: Can you not get firefox on iphone? ( As on android)

I would be happy if I could tell my iPhone that I want another browser/email-client to be the default one. Let alone Firefox.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

Works fine on my mum's iPhone, are you on iOS5? I've installed the firefox app but never actually tried it..

• I've iOS 5.0.1 here and you can't set another browser/email-client to be the default one.

• cough You can if you jailbreak I believe. I doubt this is still up to date but:

http://www.macstories.net/news/how-to-change-your-iphones-default-browser/

• Yea, I had a jailbreak on my 2G back in the days. It makes your iPhone feel like its completely based on Java. Slow like hell.

• Works on my Desire HD with the stock browser.

• Why would you want to change the email client on your iPhone, it's not like Outlook Express.

I have a 4S, so there's no current jailbreak, but right now I don't see a reason for one

@kylix said: Slow like hell.

Yes plus it overheats.

• @Daniel said: Why would you want to change the email client on your iPhone, it's not like Outlook Express.

Maybe you can help me then: I'm trying to sign my messages with my PGP key. I didn't find any possibility to do that with the built-in email-client to date.

• ...and it burns the chicken.

@drmike said: ...and it burns the chicken.

I was about to eat that.. :P

• @kylix said: Maybe you can help me then: I'm trying to sign my messages with my PGP key. I didn't find any possibility to do that with the built-in email-client to date.

Why did you even buy Apple in the first place, then? Their products are designed for people that will never know what a PGP key is, let alone use one.

• kylixkylix Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic said: Why did you even buy Apple in the first place, then?

I buy them since more than 10 years. Their stuff simply works. For my personal use it's exactly that what I want. I don't want to care about drivers, crazy installation routines, compatibility issues within the product line etc. I'm serious enough though to not use them for business use. But that has other reasons.

• I have to admit that a replacement ipod touch is on my xmas list as well. @Aldryic if you can point me to an mp3 player that also will allow me to pull email, play the occasional game, view web and read a book in something larger than 2 square inches, please feel free to do so.

And be cheaper than $239 or whatever the current price is for an 16gig. (The old one was an 8gig and too small.)

• Yes, while I do harbor a dislike of Apple, that does not apply to this topic. You both are wrong.

@kylix, I don't question your preferences. I simply wonder why you didn't do your research before purchasing an expensive toy that doesn't do what you want to do. Or, if you are happy with your decision to purchase it, why complain now?

@drmike - Do some research, maybe? Pretty much -any- smartphone from 2004 and onwards will do what you want. I have an HTC TP2 in fantastic condition that I would be willing to part with for 200. And a smartphone is merely a single option; tablets, specialty "mp3 players" (the newer Zunes, some Samsung products), all do this. You don't seriously believe that Apple is the only company to product multi-functional devices, do you?