Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request: 512-768 RAM, 30+ HDD, cpu non critical, 300+ GB traffic, yearly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Request: 512-768 RAM, 30+ HDD, cpu non critical, 300+ GB traffic, yearly

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

Hello.

I am looking for a vps with those specs:
Ram: 512 would be fine, a little more could be better :)
CPU: Anything would fit. Not cpu intensive
Bandwidth: Will need less than 150GB per month, but 300+ GB would be better for safety reasons
HDD: At least 30GB, simple HDD (SSD or SSD Cache is not needed)
Uptime / realibility: Not very critical, but of course no frequently downtimes or extensive ones. Something like 99,5% would be fine.
Price: No more than 20$ yearly. Less would be better :)
Connectivity: 1 CLEAN Ipv4, no ipv6.

This server will be used as a personal mail server (with my domain, no spam, no mail campaigns, mostly receiving and some sending - ~20 sent mails per day).
I am waiting for offers.

Comments

• MXRoute

• As I said, I am not looking generally for an email solution. I am asking for a server to host a personal server. So, If you please, do not suggest different things than those I am asking.

• for 1.99 /mo i can provide in Romania this : 2gb ram -30 gb hdd-2 core-10 tb/mo traffic , please pm if is ok

• What would you install to only use 512-768 ram?

When I put a fresh latest mail cow on debian 8 with nginx, it used about 1.5GB ram, including cache in memory.

Clamd liked memory on the test vm I made it work.

jvnadr said: Ram: 512 would be fine, a little more could be better :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • GM2015 said: What would you install to only use 512-768 ram? When I put a fresh latest mail cow on debian 8 with nginx, it used about 1.5GB ram, including cache in memory. Clamd liked memory on the test vm I made it work.

ClamAV + Spamassassign would work fine in a 512 box. I have managed to fit on a 256 MB box with some swap, but sometimes it stuck. I don't know requirements of mailcow but I don;t think it will need 1,5GB of ram. Elements for a mail server (postfix etc.) can work even on a 128MB box, combined with a light web server and a webmail server (e.g. roundcube). The only memory demanding software is clamav that is working fine on 512MB, as I said.
    Of course, if you plan to send/receive 100000 mails per day, then, you will need something stronger than 512, but my server will handle no more than ~150 mails per day.

cociu said: for 1.99 /mo i can provide in Romania this : 2gb ram -30 gb hdd-2 core-10 tb/mo traffic , please pm if is ok

I was looking your offers, but I need yearly payment and the roof is no more than 20$ (less is even better). If you can do a custom plan yearly with less memory, less cpu and less money, will buy!

Thanked by 2GM2015 vpsGOD
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You can try @Quadhost and @IgnireServers

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • A little hard on the disk space and most that fits the specs are with colocrossing...

512MB RAM 100GB disk - $17
    https://billing.nodeserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=55

1024MB RAM 40GB disk - ~$19
    http://www.time4vps.eu/cart.php?a=add&pid=24&billingcycle=annually

• cociucociu Member
    edited December 2015

jvnadr said: I was looking your offers, but I need yearly payment and the roof is no more than 20$ (less is even better). If you can do a custom plan yearly with less memory, less cpu and less money, will buy!

i just send you a pm

• PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited December 2015
  • AcacyAcacy Member
    edited December 2015

Go with HostUS

768MB RAM 10$-15$ depending location

VirMach

2GB RAM $16.00 LA Location

Thanked by 2arpanjot jvnadr
  • @Clouvider said:
    You can try Quadhost and IgnireServers

Thanks for the mention, @Cloudvider.

@jvnadr we can do a custom package that matches your requirements in London, UK / Paris, FR or Roubaix, UK. We will also have additional stock in Varna going live early next week.

CPU we can do E3/E5 depending what node your provisioned on. 300gb isn't a problem for the UK and we can do upto unmetered in FR.

Thanked by 2Clouvider jvnadr
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I can do that in Phoenix for you if you want on Xen PV, you know how to get in touch if you want to :)

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • i think @arubacloud 1GB Ram/ 20GB SSD/ 2TB BW

location is UK/CZ/IT/FR/DE(germany)

price is 1Euro/month or 12Euro/year

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

It seems ZXPlay 1GB RAM KVM VPS is still available for $24/year in DE, FR, CA.

My bad, that's is out of your budget.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Maybe this: http://gdbi.pw/cm15?

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr pmed

• I'd avoid everyone who doesn't own their IP space.

Starting afresh with a new IP/reputation is extra pain for mailservers.

• @vimalware said:
    I'd avoid everyone who doesn't own their IP space.

Starting afresh with a new IP/reputation is extra pain for mailservers.

Wtf. If you own them does not mean you got them at your home, they can be revoced at anytime.

• Hello. We could offer you a custom VPS plan in our Chicago DC with 768 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD (SSD cached), 500 GB bandwidth for about $15/year (60% discount). http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/

Just PM me if you are interested.

• jvnadr said: cociu said: for 1.99 /mo i can provide in Romania this : 2gb ram -30 gb hdd-2 core-10 tb/mo traffic , please pm if is ok

I was looking your offers, but I need yearly payment and the roof is no more than 20$ (less is even better). If you can do a custom plan yearly with less memory, less cpu and less money, will buy!

same here =) maybe 1/4 of that one.

• dedicados said: same here =) maybe 1/4 of that one.

can you explain ?

• @VMbox has $20/yr 1GB RAM, 50GB disk box in LA

• 512 mb ram 10gb hard drive, 2-3 tb transfer, 1 ipv4
    something like that

• We have VPS from $16 /Year 1GB Ram in France & Germany
    For more check lowendbox.com/blog/galaxyhostplus-16year-1gb-ram-openvz-and-more-in-france-and-germany/