Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS Buffalo VPS8 node out? (online now)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS Buffalo VPS8 node out? (online now)

jkr1711jkr1711 Member
edited October 2012 in General

Was messing around with my 128mb yearly VPS and noticed it suddenly went offline. Tried to reboot it in SolusVM but to no avail; opened a support ticket and waiting for a response. Just wondering if anyone else on node Buffao VPS8 is having the same issues.

EDIT: Nevermind! Seems like it went off for 5 minutes and I freaked out.

Comments

• Ah VPS just came back online

• @jkr1711 said: opened a support ticket and waiting for a response. Just wondering if anyone else on node Buffao VPS8 is having the same issues.

How long was it down for? Did you open a ticket and post here immediately?

• @Jack Yeah I'm just wondering why he didn't actually wait a few minutes or at least wait a while for a reply before opening a thread here.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @AsadHaider Yeah...I believe I've failed. I swear it felt more than 5 minutes, nevermind... It's just that a few days ago had the exact same issue (which from looking at pingdom, lasted alot longer) so might've thought it was some sort of big issue.

/thread

• Buffalo VPS8 was reloaded to CentOS 6 after all VPS's were live migrated.

• @jshinkle does CentOS 6 perform stable for you?

• @apollo15,

So far in our tests, it is. It's why we have started the transition to CentOS 6.

The only "bug" we have is when we live migrate from CentOS 5 based OpenVZ to CentOS 6 based OpenVZ is the 8TB bug for ram. We have to enable vSwap with or without any value other than 0 to get it to correct the bug.

Thanks

Jeremiah

• JacobJacob Member
    edited October 2012

I actually have a client who has that bug after Migration, I didn't want to enable VSwap at all but this seems a alternative.

Thanks! :-)

@jshinkle said: We have to enable vSwap with or without any value other than 0 to get it to correct the bug.