Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap providers with: KVM, custom ISOs, and at least 50GB harddrive space?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap providers with: KVM, custom ISOs, and at least 50GB harddrive space?

I've been playing around with DragonflyBSD on vultr, but I need at least 50GB of harddrive space. I only need 512MB of RAM, but with vultr you either have to pay for way more CPU/RAM than you need if you want that much storage, or you have to use a storage instance with a super slow CPU.

Can anyone make suggestions that meet these needs and is big enough that I can rely on them being around for a while?

Comments

• I can do this in Romania, pm if you are interesed

• I will do 512MB / 50GB / custom ISO at $1.65, PM me if you want

• You can check our Unmetered VPS hosting plans. Hope you guys will like us.

• lewissue said: I will do 512MB / 50GB / custom ISO at $1.65, PM me if you want

lewissue said: The above is JUST TROLLING. If you believe, then you lost the game.

• cgag said: I've been playing around with DragonflyBSD

Nice, what do you use it for? From my (limited) understanding, it was mostly interesting for clustering; What made you choose this system rather than another?

• @2bb3 said:

I like a lot about Dragonflybsd. I'm very impressed by what they've done for performance (fastest BSD, I believe it might beat linux too in many core benchmarks) despite their small tea. I'm most interested in the HAMMER filesystem. It allows streaming changes from one system to another, and most interestingly it keeps a full history of every change to every file. Ideally I'd run it on my laptop and stream the changes to a VPS.

Right now my plan is to try to using something like lsyncd to listen for changes on my (linux) laptop and rsync them over to my VPS with hammer on it, that way I should be able to rollback and mistakes I make. I also use a traditional backup system (attic), but this should be doable in essentially real time.

• cgag said: Dragonflybsd

Nice thanks for your answer. So basically that could work also to keep two VPS in sync.

Will read more about that HAMMER filesystem, thanks :)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We may help with our KVM offers: http://kvm4.me

Otherwise, if your budget is reasonable, drop me a PM, I may have an offer for you.

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

It seems @AshleyUk CM awesome KVM offer is still available. Custom ISO is allowed.

• @joodle said:

:D another guy who believes my signature

my friends all want me to remove that signature, but I really like it

everyday, there's somebody who is trolled by me

• lewissue said: everyday, there's somebody who is trolled by me

You're not trolling, you're just being annoying.

• Vultr has storage plans too.

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

Alajos said: Vultr has storage plans too.

Vultr has been mentioned in initial post two times, so OP has already had a Vultr account.

• We can build you custom package e-mail : [email protected]

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

we can do a special offer for your needs and provide more than 50GB of storage

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We support custom ISO and variable disk size for 512MB plan using the distributed volume storage on our platform.

• @cgag said:
    I've been playing around with DragonflyBSD on vultr, but I need at least 50GB of harddrive space. I only need 512MB of RAM, but with vultr you either have to pay for way more CPU/RAM than you need if you want that much storage, or you have to use a storage instance with a super slow CPU.

Can anyone make suggestions that meet these needs and is big enough that I can rely on them being around for a while?

Iwstack: http://iwstack.com/price-calculator.php

5,76 euros with your specs and yes, it's one of the best provider I ever tried

• Yep, Prometeus is awesome.

• Give us a click. Our latest offer can be found at Lowendtalk!

• @lewissue said:
    everyday, there's somebody who is trolled by me

Can you just fuck off? Like please?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Can you just fuck off? Like please?

:)that signature is just fake. but everyday there's people who getts trolled by it such as you. why so angry?

• @lewissue said:
    :)that signature is just fake. but everyday there's people who getts trolled by it such as you. why so angry?

No one gives a crap if he/she is being "trolled" by your signature, its the fact that you're being annoying that's making everyone pissed.

This seems to be okay in whatever China forums it seems, but hey. This isn't that kind of forum.

If "all your friends" want you to remove it, there gotta be a reason, so why don't you wisen up and follow their advice? Cause honestly, it's a shitty signature.

If people are "angry" about it, why don't you remove it? Are you someone who loves watching the world burn?

"The above is JUST TROLLING. If you believe, then you lost the game."

Are you trying to be Sam Pepper? Trying to get away with everything (and anything) by saying its "trolling" or a prank?

Might not be in the position to say this, but seriously, its good for you to take some time off to reflect.

Chinese Translation (of the last line):
    我有可能没有资格说这些话,可是我认为你应该反省一下。

• @theroyalstudent said:
    blahblahblah

well, as you said so much words just wanting me to remove a line, I removed it.

:)

• That's the rudest way you could ever reply. "blahblahblah". Tsk.

没家教。

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited December 2015

@theroyalstudent said:
    That's the rudest way you could ever reply. "blahblahblah". Tsk.

没家教。

well, isn't blahblahblah just same as some suspension points?

i don't feel it any rude.

• lewissue, I don't have any problem with trolling when done right, but I will say I didn't give much credence to your post because of your signture.

Thanks a bunch for the replies everyone, I'm surprised how many options there are. I think I'm going to give iwstack a shot.

@hbjlee17 said:
    We support custom ISO and variable disk size for 512MB plan using the distributed volume storage on our platform.

I see some mention of this on the wiki, but nothing on the home page, and nothing about pricing. This sounds like something cool that should be more prominent, let me know if I missed something.

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited December 2015

@cgag said:
    lewissue, I don't have any problem with trolling when done right, but I will say I didn't give much credence to your post because of your signture.

Thanks a bunch for the replies everyone, I'm surprised how many options there are. I think I'm going to give iwstack a shot.

however, I'd say I'm serious when replying you. as you don't trust me just for a signautre , now I start to troll.(trollface) below is trolling:

I offer 200% SLA for my VPS. I will give you 1 cent refund if uptime is lower then 200%

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited December 2015

Still looking for this @cgag ?

• @lewissue 200% uptime? Sheesh.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    lewissue 200% uptime? Sheesh.

:D yes, you can try it. If I can't meet 200% uptime, you will get 1 cent compensation.