Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impact VPS: 4 Cores 4GB RAM 35GB SSD Disk 5 IPs $7 Split Anyway You Want in Seattle
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Impact VPS: 4 Cores 4GB RAM 35GB SSD Disk 5 IPs $7 Split Anyway You Want in Seattle

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Impact VPS is the product of Subnet Labs LLC, a rapidly expanding and high performance web hosting company based in Mechanicsburg, PA. We offer OpenVZ cloud servers that can be customized to fit your needs.

Hardware: We use the latest hardware for our VPS nodes. Dual E5v3 Intel Processors with 128GB of DDR4 Memory, 4 x 1TB SSDs and a 10Gbps fiber connection to the node.

What is a VDR? VDR stands for Virtual Dedicated Resources. Unlike a standard VPS package, you can split the resources you pay for into as many servers of any size you want.

Have 12GB of RAM? You can create

• 1 x 12GB server with 5IPs
  • 3 x 4GB servers with 1 IP each and 2 with 2 IPs
  • 1 x 6GB + 2 x 3GB servers

The combinations are endless

You choose how you want to split up your resources. Upgrade and downgrade them at any time. In the future you will also be able to split them across locations.

To celebrate our recent launch we are offering 41% off all our VDR plans in Seattle using the promo code: LAUNCH .

Each plan does have the ability to set scheduled snapshot backups, however these backups should be not be relied upon in case of emergency.

VDR Plan:

VDR4

• 4 Cores
  • 4GB RAM
  • 35GB SSD Disk
  • 2000GB Bandwidth
  • 5 IPv4
  • IPv6

$7 per month recurring

Order

The promocode Launch also applies to the other VDR plans on our site too, taking 41% off all of them. View the other plans here: http://impactvps.com

We are so confident that you will love our services that we offer a 3 day no questions asked refund on the first payment of each account.

AUP: (This is not the full list): Not allowed: Teamspeak,mumble,torrents, spamming / mass mail, nested virtualization, tor.

Test IPv4: 107.155.106.130

Test IPv6: 2604:0880:000a:0002:0000:0000:0000:0001

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to open a ticket: [email protected]

Comments

• Vouch for Alex, someone who actually treats people as people, great times when he ran Fliphost

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Which control panel comes with this or is it custom?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

trewq said: Which control panel comes with this or is it custom?

Integrated into the billing panel. Few images of it:

Generate management / selection: http://cl.ly/image/1M43102S2F1w

Individual server management: http://cl.ly/image/0q3P3G2P313L

Create new server: http://cl.ly/image/2f2q293Y2S2k

Thanked by 1trewq

classy said: Vouch for Alex, someone who actually treats people as people, great times when he ran Fliphost

Thanks @classy :)

• 5 IPv4 for $7. Wowzers!

Are all IPs assigned on sign-up, or is justification required for greater than X amount?

telephone said: Are all IPs assigned on sign-up, or is justification required for greater than X amount?

It's a bundle package so the resources you can assign as you please across however many servers you have the resources for. All on one server or split across as many as you can make. You can do this automatically without having to ticket us.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nice offer and cool idea.

Now everyone can start a LEB provider! just kidding...or am I...

• Sorry if this is a silly question, but are these dedicated cores or shared with other users?

@AliRaha Fair share

• is it the same way like wable does?

Devonius said: is it the same way like wable does?

Yes it is a very similar concept.

• I tried out the system and it's great. However, the TOS reads "We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, at our sole discretion." Most companies try to provide some level of SLAs (service-level agreements.) This is the exact opposite of an SLA.

• Is that the ModulesGarden module or a custom one?

• openvz

AliRaha said: I tried out the system and it's great. However, the TOS reads "We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, at our sole discretion." Most companies try to provide some level of SLAs (service-level agreements.) This is the exact opposite of an SLA.

That section of our TOS is simply for our protection in allowing to refuse service to someone. Almost any provider should have a similar line in their TOS.

Perhaps you are looking for this line in our TOS?

Server Uptime Guarantee

Subnet Labs LLC guarantees 99.9% service (http, ftp, pop, imap, smtp) uptime on all hosting plans. Should we fail to deliver this for any given calendar month, your account will be refunded a pro-rated amount for the duration of excessive downtime.

PetaByet said: s that the ModulesGarden module or a custom one?

Modulesgarden with some custom features added in

• AliRahaAliRaha Member
    edited April 2015

It allows you to refuse service to anyone. In fact, if your systems go down you can just say you suspended service, at your sole discretion. In general, no, I have read plenty of SLAs and TOS over a course of being in the business for 30 years, even before SLAs were really being thought of.

Your SLA also reads:

_Subnet Labs does not tolerate staff abuse. In the event a customer
    abuses our staff the customer's service may be stopped without refund. _

Such an open clause allows an employee to pretty much interpret anything as abuse. When I complained to someone because the new IP they sold me wasn't working, he told me that I was being abusive and suspended my account. (This was openVPS.) Ever since then I have avoided any provider where such paranoia is embedded in the ToS itself.

If you want an example of a really good ToS, take a look at Digital Ocean. They manage to protect both parties without being offensive. DotBlock and PhoenixNAP (securedservers) have good ToS. An example of a poor ToS is Ramnode, which is why, despite their excellent technical work, only 5% of my cluster resides with them.

What providers need to keep in mind is that they are in the service business. I am in the service business myself, and I HAVE terminated users for being abusive to our customer service. I know how that works and I know the need for doing so. But I also have to keep in mind that I am providing a vital service. If I tell a customer that I can toss him out "at my sole discretion" trust me, he will be signing up with my competitor.

AliRaha said: It allows you to refuse service to anyone. In fact, if your systems go down you can just say you suspended service, at your sole discretion. In general, no, I have read plenty of SLAs and TOS over a course of being in the business for 30 years, even before SLAs were really being thought of.

I see your point. I have just updated our TOS. It now reads:

"We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service, in the event our Terms of Service are breached or through misuse of system resources"

• I am very impressed by your flexibility. Thank you.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • Been running for about a day, with a few hours in production. So far, seems the best value I have seen anywhere.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635

@AliRaha said:
    Been running for about a day, with a few hours in production. So far, seems the best value I have seen anywhere.

Happy to hear :)

• How much for each IPv4? What's # of VPS one can create limited by? IPs, cores...?

@Traffic said:
    How much for each IPv4? What's # of VPS one can create limited by? IPs, cores...?

5 IPs are included by default. You can get more by upgrading your package. # of servers is limited by cores in this case as each server requires at least one core

• Are you a wable reseller? Do you own your ipspace or ips from incero?

edited April 2015

@niceboy said:
    Are you a wable reseller? Do you own your ipspace or ips from incero?

We do not resell from wable, our service is completely separate. We have a few IPs from Incero but we now also have our own IP space: http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/SLL-41/nets

• Can someone setup VPS's with your VDR Plans for resell?

@jlowens76 said:
    Can someone setup VPS's with your VDR Plans for resell?

Yes you can

• jlowens76jlowens76 Member
    edited December 2015

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Yes you can

Also, is there a limit on the number of VDR Plans we can have?

@jlowens76 said:
    Also, is there a limit on the number of VDR Plans we can have?

No