Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Global] Looking for a cheap yet performant storeage VPS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Global] Looking for a cheap yet performant storeage VPS!

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

Hello,
I am looking for a cheap yet performant storeage vps (~200+gb storeage) to host my public file sharing site on.
The vps will mainly be used to store scripts (html/php/css/xml files as its dedicated to programmers) So the avg file size is > 5mb max file size is ~ 100-200mb. I will only use one server so i need a provider that offers globally effective server locations (possible anycast) aswell as a fast network to guarantee good performance from around the globe.

I am not sure (considering the avg and max file size) wheter ! 100 mbits would be sufficient or i need a 1000 line?

So far ive checked on buyvm (ran in trouble with them though), backupsy and fliphost.
Any feedback on those or other ideas?

Kind regards,
Ympker

Comments

• budget?

no that's not what we called cloud.

• @tommy said:
    budget?

no that's not what we called cloud.

From the offers ive found so far id say up to ~12$

• Can check my sig maybe some plans I offer are good for you, feel free to ask any questions needed.

• @IgniteServers said:
    Can check my sig maybe some plans I offer are good for you, feel free to ask any questions needed.

Sorry but I cant find any storeage vps on your site.
    Only up to 40gb disk space :/

• @Ympker said:

Your able to add more storage upon checkout $0.016/GB. Click the package then you will see all add ons.

• time4vps, delimiter storage vps, vultr storage?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @masterqqq said:
    time4vps, delimiter storage vps, vultr storage?

If i remember correctly vultr had some insane rates when you overuse your traffic limit :/ dont wanna have a huuge bill after a night^^

• @IgniteServers said:
    Your able to add more storage upon checkout $0.016/GB. Click the package then you will see all add ons.

aight i will check^^

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @Ympker said:
    Hello,
    I am looking for a cheap yet performant storeage vps (~200+gb storeage) to host my public file sharing site on.
    The vps will mainly be used to store scripts (html/php/css/xml files as its dedicated to programmers) So the avg file size is > 5mb max file size is ~ 100-200mb. I will only use one server so i need a provider that offers globally effective server locations (possible anycast) aswell as a fast network to guarantee good performance from around the globe.

@Ympker for the budget you are asking Any cast that's big boys stuff at this price i don't have any hops but other needs can be done

@Ympker said:

I am not sure (considering the avg and max file size) wheter ! 100 mbits would be sufficient or i need a 1000 line?

So far ive checked on buyvm (ran in trouble with them though), backupsy and fliphost.

Kind regards,
    Ympker

Ok first answer this

what is budget? -12$USD(maybe)

No Anycast will that do ?

Most traffic to your page come from where ?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2015

@simonindia said:

budget is up to 12$/month as stated above^^

Most traffic is from europe

Anycast is not a must but i thought it might be useful when having people from all over the world uploading/downloading

• @Ympker we can handle this in multiple ways

You can get this server from http://serverdiscount.com

and add cloud flare in the top of it so small files will be downloaded from Cloud flare

give a thought and post you reply

• @simonindia said:
    Ympker we can handle this in multiple ways

You can get this server from http://serverdiscount.com

and add cloud flare in the top of it so small files will be downloaded from Cloud flare

give a thought and post you reply

Well i might consider it but still comparing atm. Also dunno about myloc network :/ heard nothing good.. btw why is it that u see servers i dont at servdisc. ?

• @IgniteServers said:
    Can check my sig maybe some plans I offer are good for you, feel free to ask any questions needed.

Expectations shattered, you got that right!

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2015

@Ympker said:
    Well i might consider it but still comparing atm. Also dunno about myloc network :/ heard nothing good.. btw why is it that u see servers i dont at servdisc. ?

ok what about scaleway and i dont know why you dont see the servers just click month stuff it will toggle between low to high price

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

If you need multi-location storage VPS, take a look at Vultr (NL, US, JP), Backupsy (NL, US, UK), Hosthatch aff link (SE, NL, US) and Prometeus/XenPower (IT, US). All of them offer KVM/Xen storage VPS.

simonindia said: ok what about scaleway

Do you really think ARM is performant enough?

• @bersy said:
    If you need multi-location storage VPS, take a look at Vultr (NL, US, JP), Backupsy (NL, US, UK), Hosthatch aff link (SE, NL, US) and Prometeus/XenPower (IT, US). All of them offer KVM/Xen storage VPS.

Do you really think ARM is performant enough?

Y not for small file storage it would be OK but it all comes to OP I'm just giving him some choice and for 9$ a month

he could setup a scale away

3Euro for scaleway +3Euro for extra storage

and he can get Time4VPS backup using R-sync for 20Euro/year

12Months X 6euro =72 Euro
    Time4vps 512GB for a year=20Euro

72+20=92 euro =9$/month USD

there are lot of combinations but we can suggest but OP knows his needs

Note:I'm weak @ maths so pls correct if i'm wrong

• @Ympker said:
    Hello,

Kind regards,
    Ympker

Hello,

You could take a look at our VPS plans (OpenVZ) in Frankfurt, Germany location (http://www.host1plus.com/vps-hosting/).

But I could offer you a custom plan with 1 CPU, 768 MB RAM, 200 GB HDD, 4000 GB bandwidth and 500 Mbps port speed for about $11/mo (no Anycast or multi-location tho).

Just reply to this message or PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

@simonindia Since thread title contains a "performant", ARM is not an option at all in my book. That's all I mean.

• @HOST1PLUS said:
    Thanks.

Hello there! I might acctually consider your offer :) will get back at you if I dont find anything that looks any more appealing :) are u affiliated with myloc? Have heard not much good things bout them :/

• @bersy said:
    simonindia Since thread title contains a "performant", ARM is not an option at all in my book. That's all I mean.

Hey there. I am more the developer so arm doesnt tell me anything. Why is it not performant and what is the difference there?

• @bersy said:
    simonindia Since thread title contains a "performant", ARM is not an option at all in my book. That's all I mean.

Yes i agree with you i understand that my options are not as OP asked in title but when OP is asking other suggestion we have to give that the masterqqq give the OP a good choice but OP doesn't need that it seems so i give him some cheap option

@masterqqq said:
    time4vps, delimiter storage vps, vultr storage?

And @bersy i agree with you my options are not as Permormant

And if i'm right @Ympker is not a native english speaker so ultimately what he wants is a Good vps with more storage @Ympker Correct me if i'm Wrong

• @AshleyUK with ZXPlay can help you. They have big storage VPSs in Canada and Germany.

• @simonindia said:
    And if i'm right Ympker is not a native english speaker so ultimately what he wants is a Good vps with more storage Ympker Correct me if i'm Wrong

Yes I am indeed no native english speaker so yeah i need a good vps (in terms of network speed and io performance) and ofc a reasonable uptime^^

• HOST1PLUSHOST1PLUS Member
    edited December 2015

@Ympker said:
    Hello there! I might acctually consider your offer :) will get back at you if I dont find anything that looks any more appealing :) are u affiliated with myloc? Have heard not much good things bout them :/

Thank you for considering my offer. About your question - no, we are not affiliated with myLoc. :)

I will be looking forward to hearing from you, if you will decide to choose our VPS.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • You can get 1-2 months free trial from many places. Like DigitalOcean, Vultr, etc.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I can offer 200GB Space , 4TB Bandwidth . 2GB Ram , KVM VPS. $10/month

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I may be able to offer you something in New Jersey, over Choopa network. Drop me a PM or ticket: http://gdbi.pw/contact

Regards, David

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

Double post. Sorry.

• Ympker said: Have heard not much good things bout them :/

Did you looked how old those reviews are?
    I had a dedi with them for half a year (starting in January) and was satisfied, support was fast and even answered tickets at 3am, speed was always over their advertised 500mbps and the price was just amazing, also there should be lots of other good reviews about them here.

The DDoS Protection however still doesn't really exist.

• Thanks for all the replies :)

@Frecy ye ive read your review too