Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend to me a cheap Windowns VPS, below $5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend to me a cheap Windowns VPS, below $5

yumiVPSyumiVPS Member
edited November 2011 in General

anybody can recommend to me a cheap Windowns VPS,
a good performance,512 Ram ,below $5!
Thanks!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

UptimeVPS went under for a reason you know?

Double it and it can be done.

Francisco

• A question to the providers which have signed with the Microsoft SPLA program: how much does a windows license cost?

• GOOD,Francisco ,now i use your openVZ,very good.
    but anybody can recommend to me a good win vps.i increase my budget to $8.

thanks.

• I'm using KVM from BuyVM. You can consider that.

• @yumiVPS said: i increase my budget to $8.

As Fran said, you will need atleast $10. (Buyvm is one of the cheapest ones that are reliable and aren't aimed at script kiddies/uploaders).

If you showed up about a week ago I would have given you one of my spare windows boxes that I let go. (was $7 for 1gb) :)

• I have a 256mb vps for £6.40 quarterly. It's not bad if you have your own licence :)

Thanked by 1yumiVPS
  • which one

• I just emailed The host house asking if I could use my own windows licence on a linux KVM plan. It ending up costing about £6.40 quarterly with the discount applied and also by paying quarterly.

Unless you have your own licence, you are looking at about a minimum of $10 a month as mentioned before.

• http://kiloserve.com/lucky7

I have got their $ 7 KVM for 777MB ram / 21 GB HDD / 777GB Bandwidth, and I run windows fine~

Although they have windows in the cd rom list, you still need your own license.

• @DotVPS said: $5.95 burst.net

heh Be sure to keep an up to date backup as they like erasing servers. :)

• Kindof a one-note horn with that one <_<

• heh Be sure to mention your love for ponies or else :)

• expressplexexpressplex Member
    edited November 2011

check down burst.net or telvps.com

apply to be reseller there they will allow 25-35% discounts

• @rds100 said: A question to the providers which have signed with the Microsoft SPLA program: how much does a windows license cost?

Depends on the version. Server 2008 Enterprise and Datacenter are both about $50-55. One's a dollar or two more than the other. Standard edition was like $17, web edition was about $10.