Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for UK Dedi - 1TB / 16GB Ram / 10TB Bandwidth /29 (5 IP's)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for UK Dedi - 1TB / 16GB Ram / 10TB Bandwidth /29 (5 IP's)

Hey All,

I'm looking for a UK Dedi server with the following requirements:

• 1TB
  • 16GB Ram
  • 10TB Bandwidth
  • /29 (5 IP's)

Price needs to be in the <$50 range. Any providers with something like this?

Thanks, GeoDirk

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Comments

• uk prices are a ripoff so you would be lucky

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I haven't seen a comparable to French prices from UK hosts.

Why are UK servers so expensive?

TarZZ92 said: uk prices are a ripoff so you would be lucky

• GM2015 said: Why are UK servers so expensive?

not really sure, hardware prices aint a huge difference. maybe BW but even still..

• @GM2015 said:
    I haven't seen a comparable to French prices from UK hosts.

Why are UK servers so expensive?

My personal opinion is the DC's, UK is not huge with alot of spare land, so the DC's we have in the UK are normally well know companies with a multiple country presence, so you don't get rock bottom prices.

All down to demand / capacity, however if the like of OVH or other "lower" end company bring a DC to the UK I can see prices dropping.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @TarZZ92 said:
    uk prices are a ripoff so you would be lucky

Yeah I know...but I need a UK location. I have a bunch of UK VPS's and they are all clearly overloaded or bw restricted. I'm ready to consolidate all of them into one decent dedi.

• geodirk said: Yeah I know...but I need a UK location. I have a bunch of UK VPS's and they are all clearly overloaded or bw restricted. I'm ready to consolidate all of them into one decent dedi.

one of the cheapest probably is https://www.poundhost.com/

but prices EXCLUDE vat.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@TarZZ92 said:

Electricity and BW. It's usually a problem for smaller companies, larger ones can probably do it at those prices but I guess they prefer a higher profit margin.

• it would be cheaper buying a nice cheap E3 V1 from ebay (get em for about £70) and ram etc and colo it.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@TarZZ92 said:
    it would be cheaper buying a nice cheap E3 V1 from ebay (get em for about £70) and ram etc and colo it.

Depends who you get quotes for your dedicated servers from. Either way, you still wouldn't make it into the less than $50/mo bracket.

• Infinity said: Depends who you get quotes for your dedicated servers from. Either way, you still wouldn't make it into the less than $50/mo bracket.

True but you would get it quite close compared to a dedi (going off the OP's requirements).

• You probably won't get much with 16GB RAM in the UK for $50.

If anyone can do anything somewhat close it'll be @Clouvider but I suggest adding $10-20 to the budget.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @rmlhhd said:
    You probably won't get much with 16GB RAM in the UK for $50.

If anyone can do anything somewhat close it'll be Clouvider but I suggest adding $10-20 to the budget.

I probably can't budge much in the price... Everything else is more negotiable.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rmlhhd thanks for mentioning :).

@geodirk - PM sent.

Thanked by 1geodirk
  • Went ahead with the offer from Clouvider. Not quite up to my original specs but still a good deal for the money.

Thanks all!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Welcome to Clouvider @geodirk! :)

• @geodirk said:
    Yeah I know...but I need a UK location. I have a bunch of UK VPS's and they are all clearly overloaded or bw restricted. I'm ready to consolidate all of them into one decent dedi.

Why not just get a machine from OVH and get some UK geolocated ips?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Redstation?