Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My account in vultr have been closed? i don't know why, Does this seem reasonable to anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My account in vultr have been closed? i don't know why, Does this seem reasonable to anyone?

25-11-2015 , my account was close, and i don't know why
i contact [email protected], but support answer verry slow

"Hello,
Your account was closed due to violations of our TOS and cannot be reactivated.
Regards,
Michele Horzepa
www.vultr.com"

i ask
"Can you tell me what is my violations? I don't know why i violation your tos. I have 1 vps and i only install magento for my website. Maybe have confuse here."

but no answer, vultr don't help me fix problem

no warning for me before close my account, and i don't know why, my database have gone, i don't backup my database

vultr close my account and want stolen money in my account?
vultr's server have problemt and can't fix, my account gone, you lie to me i violation your tos, and you don't have responsible with my account?

don't believe in vultr

Comments

• I'm guessing just wait on a reply then see what's up if they have a # then call em up.

• This is why you always backup your files in multiple locations.

• @masterqqq said:
    This is why you always backup your files in multiple locations.

so even with reputable providers. darn.

• @marl said:
    so even with reputable providers. darn.

Wouldn't call them reputable, they have a history of slow support, slow network and just general shitty customer service..

• How old was your Magento installation?

Hope it is not about this:

https://blog.sucuri.net/category/other-cms-security/magento-security

I am not sure, just guessing....

@pvd276 said:
    25-11-2015 , my account was close, and i don't know why
    i contact [email protected], but support answer verry slow

"Hello,
    Your account was closed due to violations of our TOS and cannot be reactivated.
    Regards,
    Michele Horzepa
    www.vultr.com"

i ask
    "Can you tell me what is my violations? I don't know why i violation your tos. I have 1 vps and i only install magento for my website. Maybe have confuse here."

but no answer, vultr don't help me fix problem

no warning for me before close my account, and i don't know why, my database have gone, i don't backup my database

vultr close my account and want stolen money in my account?
    vultr's server have problemt and can't fix, my account gone, you lie to me i violation your tos, and you don't have responsible with my account?

don't believe in vultr

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/44856/vultr-com-permanently-deletes-accounts/p1

You can google plenty of other cases. You really need to lock down your system to avoid any kind of possible issues.

Also, they might jump at any complaints at your account. See https://www.vultr.com/legal/antispam_policy.php and http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/932031/#Comment_932031. Davea showing a gvh report(incredible source even in February) in http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/44856/vultr-com-permanently-deletes-accounts/p2.

I had a windows server on their trial, which was fast. DD with cygwin showed an IO of 250MB-300MB/io, which was good.

Network wasn't that great.

• pvd276pvd276 Member
    edited November 2015

@bytonator said:
    How old was your Magento installation?

Hope it is not about this:

https://blog.sucuri.net/category/other-cms-security/magento-security

I am not sure, just guessing....

my magento is 1.8.1, i have just update some security pack

client need respected,

if vultr warning for me about 24h, before close my account, i will verry happy,

but no,
    the way vultr do,
    can't accept

they considered customers are not human,
    sorry for my english not good

• Hate to go against the flow with the Vultr bashing. But the OPs own words leave me doubtful as to his admin skills. No backups just updated some security patch. Sucuri blogged the vulnerability eight days ago. Google had already blacklisted thousands of sites at that time.

Sounds probable that his site was compromised. You really don't want to leave a malware spewing site online. Plus if the site was compromised any backup from it would be backdoored to the limits.

• @pvd276 , can you please tell us what you were selling in your store? Premium merchandise ?

• pvd276pvd276 Member
    edited November 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    pvd276 , can you please tell us what you were selling in your store? Premium merchandise ?

my small company, i sell mobile phone case, touch screen smart phone.

@lazyt said:
    Hate to go against the flow with the Vultr bashing. But the OPs own words leave me doubtful as to his admin skills. No backups just updated some security patch. Sucuri blogged the vulnerability eight days ago. Google had already blacklisted thousands of sites at that time.

Sounds probable that his site was compromised. You really don't want to leave a malware spewing site online. Plus if the site was compromised any backup from it would be backdoored to the limits.

yes, i'm architecture and i don't have admin skill, my skill admin not good, i learn in google and build my site use magento. i'm busy with my business, and i don't think my database have gone by this way. next time, i must backup real time to my server in house. i backup database by make snapshot vps in vultr (now it free), but account close. ĐM vultr

• I'm not much for Vultr but this smells BS. I don't think Vultr randomly suspends people for no good reason. I doubt it very much.

You were likely compromised, or you're not telling us the truth. I don't know which one as I'm not clairvoyant ;)

At any rate, if the VPS was "only" compromised they could've given you time to clean it up, or alternatively let you download your data if you were stupid enough to skip backups (seems you didn't do backups -- perhaps something you will consider doing after this incident, or..?)

• pvd276pvd276 Member
    edited November 2015

problem is vultr don't tell me reason why close my account, they only tell me violations of TOS.

Think Premium merchandise ? i have make website for company sell honda auto, company retail of honda auto in my country

why i must lie ?my database back to 8-7-2015, very bad

1. Always backup every day / couple days. No question asked.

2. Vultr is quite famous for closing accounts. They have a strict policy. If you are not 100% sure you can secure your server, better not using their service. Linode, on the other hand, are much nicer on these issues.

3. If you cannot secure your server, find someone who can, and pay little money for some maintenance service.

Thanked by 1cnbeining
  • oh good to know. I will need to monitor my VPS than using their Japan location for DNS server already used 103% of Bandwidth hope they won't close account for high Bandwidth usage.

• yes, my location vps in japan too,

i'm in vietnam, all my friends always user linode or digitalocean. i see vultr is cheaper, but cheaper always have bad service and support. now i must pay cost for that.

i will tell my problemt for all my friends in all forums of my country. my friends must thinking before chose vultr

• @pvd276 said:
    yes, my location vps in japan too,

i'm in vietnam, all my friends always user linode or digitalocean. i see vultr is cheaper, but cheaper always have bad service and support. now i must pay cost for that.

i will tell my problemt for all my friends in all forums of my country. my friends must thinking before chose vultr

Next thing you know digitalocean and linode does the same when you get compromised again.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @masterqqq said:
    Next thing you know digitalocean and linode does the same when you get compromised again.

maybe, but i hope they will warning me before close my account, or tell me reason why my account close, or help me recovery database.

but never have next time. i don't have believe that service, i will build my server and backup it self

i use backup in vultr, but account close, backup is gone, joke

• Never have your only backup with the provider. Always have a couple of external backups.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

If I'm understanding this correctly, Vultr are not refunding the balance that was left on the account, but immediately closed the account without even bothering to suspend the VPS first?

Even if the VPS got compromised, how is that a reasonable course of action?

Thanked by 2rpollestad ATHK