Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2GB RAM VPS for ideally around $12/y - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2GB RAM VPS for ideally around $12/y

Comments

• Why not get the arubacloud offer with 1GB ram and then setup some swap?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2015

Roadie said: Wow guys sorry for asking, you really make sure that new people feel welcome here, NOT!.

All good. We are just a bunch of soft souls wrapped in hard shells. Most also have a strong sex deficit and general issues with ad-hoc kindness. But we are a bunch of good weirdos. Give us a chance, that's all we need. <3

• Roadie said: 2gb of mem, 1tb of traffic (actually 500gb is i think already enough) diskspace and cpu wise whatever is possible.

@Roadie k this the deal i can come up with see if this deal suits you VPS is located in Europe so no USA location for you

the price for this is 18.9 euro/year OR u can go Biennially paying two years 25.20/2 years
    TIME4vps is a great provider they showed this from time to time

before ordering please contact @time4vps then will remove the VAT if you are not located European Union

Note:the price will be the same as i mentioned above if VAT is removed

Specs

0.5 ghz core

2GB ram

5GB storage HDD SSD-cached

500 GB traffic

• I saw WLS being mentioned... If anyone's interested, I got a 128mb for grabs. It was a cheap yearly and I can transfer it for free to you if you're a registered WLS user.

• I think you should try Evoburst, black friday offer: http://vncoupon.com/evoburst-solutions-pre-black-friday-sale-exclusive-offers/

I do not know how well Evorburst can be trusted though.

• @default said:
    I do not know how well Evorburst can be trusted though.

I wouldn't be worried about that. Ryan is a nice guy, the company is registered. The servers might have issues from time to time (happens to just about any provider), but as long as you have a copy of your data (which you should with any provider anyways), you should be fine.

• Thnx for all responses, i've settled for the evoburst black-friday offer

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited November 2015

Actually, that pricing is possible in Canada with http://vps-hosting.ca

4GB RAM at $17/year

or

2x 2GB RAM at $22/year

I don't know exactly if the 4GB can be split that way, but you are purchasing resources here, I suppose you can.

I am playing around with smaller instances and performance is not so good, though. Do your own research before ordering.

• @DalComp said:
    Actually, that pricing is possible in Canada with http://vps-hosting.ca

They are OpenVZ right? That means possible (easily) overselling/overloading?

• @TheOnlyDK said:

I believe its kvm as you can install windows last time I tried.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited November 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:

It's vmware. And yes they have windows trial templates available.

I tried win 2012 template, it has 4,5gb-ish left out of 10gb disk. In case anyone wondering.

• @masterqqq said:

Are you sure? It would be too good to be true if it's 4GB KVM for for $17 a year. I would buy 10 of those and start selling nat vps from there, seems like a way to make some profit.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited November 2015

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Are you sure? It would be too good to be true if it's 4GB KVM for for $17 a year. I would buy 10 of those and start selling nat vps from there, seems like a way to make some profit.

I installed windows when I was using the trial 2 months back. The site stated windows and linux vps available.

Windows is not licensed through.

• Ok, just signed up with my email and logged in, it's a company from the same people ran by cloudatcost.com. I have servers with them, and they are extremely slow (but still usable). A couple of years ago the servers were pretty fast, but since last year my disk IO has dropped to 5-6mb/s. Depends on what you do, it might not be for you.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

Important notes: their website doesn't have much information, and they have little reviews despite being active since 2009. Iops is somewhat limited, test them first before buying bulk.

Damn, my mobile internet is so slow. I'm out.

• @DalComp said:
    Damn, my mobile internet is so slow. I'm out.

Are they good? I saw on website free cpanel license but how they do it with so low yearly cost.Also I contacted them they say that is not trial license

• DalComp said: Actually, that pricing is possible in Canada with http://vps-hosting.ca

4GB RAM at $17/year

Wow that looks great. They say sth about free cPanel at their web page. Looks too good to be true but I do not know. May be they are actually doing it possible somehow

• @emtecro @DreamCaster

Not sure about cPanel. I don't see a cPanel template on the control panel, just regular CentOS 6.7 and Centos 7.

My config is 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB (claimed SAN SSD) disk ($8/year). I'll just leave some benchmarks here:

root@ubuntu:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Sat Nov 28 20:04:26 EST 2015
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5335  @ 2.00GHz
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 2000.071 MHz
    Memory          : 994 MB
    Swap            : 953 MB
    Uptime          : 34 min,

OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.13.0-32-generic
    Hostname        : ubuntu

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 104.233.67.xxx

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        24.2MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          3.40MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       4.84MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       3.83MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       4.01MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       9.45MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          2.74MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       1.71MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         925KB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        3.11MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 13.8 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 46.2 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 63.6 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 41.2 MB/s

root@ubuntu:~# dd if=/dev/urandom of=test bs=64k count=10000; sync;
    10000+0 records in
    10000+0 records out
    655360000 bytes (655 MB) copied, 149.08 s, 4.4 MB/s

root@ubuntu:~# ioping -c 10 .
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=1 time=2.9 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=2 time=1.9 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=3 time=32.7 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=4 time=1.5 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=5 time=3.1 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=6 time=5.4 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=7 time=6.4 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=8 time=1.5 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=9 time=194.8 ms
    4.0 KiB from . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV): request=10 time=1.7 ms

--- . (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9.3 s, 39 iops, 158.7 KiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 1.5 ms / 25.2 ms / 194.8 ms / 57.2 ms

• That would be such a small deal. Good luck finding it, I found a 4GB with 4gb bursting for $50 www.zavio.co use "deals"

• @DalComp said:
    My config is 1CPU, 1GB RAM, 10GB (claimed SAN SSD) disk ($8/year). I'll just leave some benchmarks here:

Do you get a new IP every time you re-image the server?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Do you get a new IP every time you re-image the server?

Yes

• Let us know if you ask for cpanel and get it for free.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @DalComp said:
    Yes

I see, well if you like something like that, you can probably go for cloudatcost instead. Apparently they are the same company, both running vmware, but cloudatcost is cheaper (I think, at least if you get one of the coupons, it is) and comes with better CPU (L5520). Same slow disk IO, same shitty network, same no support, but hey it's a one-time payment for a server. A server with 2Cores, 1GB ram, 20GB Storage is currently $42 for a lifetime, or if you can find better coupons, then you are golden.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    well if you like something like that

I don't. I was just curious and trying them out. Not even sure if I will renew, and absolutely will never touch lifetime servers. But it's not so bad for testing stuffs, especially since they have windows templates.

• OP, maybe contact Johnny/Greenvaluehost can help you.

• @DalComp said:
    I don't. I was just curious and trying them out. Not even sure if I will renew, and absolutely will never touch lifetime servers. But it's not so bad for testing stuffs, especially since they have windows templates.

I actually have a couple of cloudatcost (too cheap to pass on lifetime servers XD), works fine since 1-2 years ago, except the slowness. Windows server is nice, but it's just recently after they changed it to cloudpro that all servers can get windows. I have a server installed Windows and on a super fast storage array (get 180mb/s compared to standard 5mb/s) and I love it!

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    I actually have a couple of cloudatcost (too cheap to pass on lifetime servers XD), works fine since 1-2 years ago, except the slowness. Windows server is nice, but it's just recently after they changed it to cloudpro that all servers can get windows. I have a server installed Windows and on a super fast storage array (get 180mb/s compared to standard 5mb/s) and I love it!

Guess I will keep respawning server until I get on a higher speed array. lol

• @DalComp said:
    Guess I will keep respawning server until I get on a higher speed array. lol

That's what I did XD

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited November 2015

If $12 only then just look for a good 1gb ram Vps you can get

I would not buy even if they say 4Gb ram @$12 a year why? Because they just advertised more and donot want you to use that resource server they will ban you very fast becareful

You buy server so you can use some resources not to have a high spec unusable server

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited November 2015

@ad0 said:
    You buy server so you can use some resources not to have a high spec unusable server

Honestly, if you can get suspended by @AnthonySmith, then you can get suspended by just any provider. Obviously it's your fault if so most of your providers suspended you for some reason.

Overselling doesn't mean overloading. Some providers provide a large amount of ram just because they can. Using those resources allocated to your is definitely not the reason for suspension, unless if you were abusing.

@ad0 said:
    I would avoid LES of (inceptionhosting) its rubbish you can get terminated very easily. And yes i have been suspended by them.