Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon EC2 GPU (g2.2xlarge) alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon EC2 GPU (g2.2xlarge) alternative?

I'm looking for a provider that can offer a large number of cuda cores or high cuda performance, similar to Amazon EC2 GPU instances but without the $346.02 monthly pricing.

Even a dedicated server with a nice GPU would be OK, but something like a Tesla card would be cool!

Comments

• I'd ask @nekki . He had a similar request and got a dedi from delimiter. He's playing hide-and-seek with his self-imposed ban.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • I dont think youll find a better solution or as close to as Amazons gpu server line for cheaper. I rented one for a couple of hours to play some games from steam family sharing. It worked out better than I expected.

• Don't know the pricing but RapidSwitch offer GPU servers.

http://www.rapidswitch.com/nvidia#Servers

• even a PC in someones home with a decent graphics card in would be fine

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Contabo has this as an addon, GeForce GT 740 2GB or GeForce GT 640 2GB.

Never used them tho.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2015

I tried exxactcorp.com for a test drive (and another I can't remember) but there's a quite a few companies that offer a 'test drive'. Prices are quite similar to what you quoted. Don't think the market is quite mature enough to have competitive pricing.

Tesla's are powerful. I used them to test out a GPU hashcash implementation. We concluded that AMD cards were much more cost effective but the commercial market only has Nvidia (so we'd colo).

Googling "gpu test drive" gives you a bunch of places that allow you to test out a Tesla, but I don't think you'll get much cheaper per month.

added, it all depends on your needs and timeframe of course. http://www.unixsurplus.com/product/tesla-s1070-cuda-nvidia-computing-4x-c1060-gpu-2x-hic-cables-hpc-opencl-server

Thanked by 1linuxthefish