Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VestaCP mail always goes to spam ( Gmail & Outlook ) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VestaCP mail always goes to spam ( Gmail & Outlook )

2»

Comments

• risharde, it's driving me nuts...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@risharde said:
    Mail is the most irritating thing on the internet and I'm being serious.

Yep, but I love it. Exactly why I do what I do :)

Thanked by 2risharde podsdad
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@jarland I have the utmost respect for you, especially because of that... I don't know how you do it!

@podsdad sorry to hear, I can totally relate. I even had issues where gmail would accept my mails but hotmail wouldn't. It was as if I had to go to each major mail provider to ask permission to send mail to them. Mail and me are not friends AT ALL anymore... we need a mail 2.0 as I said lol

Thanked by 1jar
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

It sounds like you need @jarland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is Literally the PostMaster

Oh wait you don't need @jarland now as he has already fixed it!!!!!!

Exactly my point!!!!!!

• @jarland, can see me and others calling on you to sort things :)

• DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited November 2015

back to topic,
    i have no idea why this not work, and i remember that i have free sendgrid student plan from github edu pack. so i decided to use the relay and connect it with postfix..

• Another VestaCP user the other day had this same issue.

rDNS was setup (hostname -> IP) but the remote daemon required the reverse relationship of IP -> hostname (rDNS PTR) before being accepted.

That got their VestaCP email accepted after a bit, oddly they were not able to accept email, to their domain, at which point I had to suggest contacting Vesta support.

Bonus points as @jarland mentioned for proper TXT record / SPF setup, and of course make sure by mail logs it's not trying to deliver over v6.

It's dns_ipv4_lookup in Exim and a proper PITA. That became added by default to the cPanel image I created where I last worked.