Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VestaCP mail always goes to spam ( Gmail & Outlook )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VestaCP mail always goes to spam ( Gmail & Outlook )

Hi There,
i need some help about VestaCP mail. When i send email to gmail, outlook, or hotmail the email always go to spam/junk. i've set DKIM and other thing like the vesta forum suggest me to do.

According to mail-tester.com my score was 10/10 i've no idea what happen. Can someone help me with this ?

thanks!

Comments

• Mail is a nitemare these days, you have an SPF A record setup I guess and good hostname and rDNS?

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Also these people you mention have private bl lists and you have to ask to be removed once you have things setup ok.

• DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited November 2015

@podsdad said:
    Mail is a nitemare these days, you have an SPF A record setup I guess and good hostname and rDNS?

SPF yes ( TXT - v=spf1 a mx ip4:MY_IP ~all )
    rDNS yes.
    good hostname ? i've set hostname on my vps

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Valid PTR matching server hostname, valid SPF record, IPv4 over v6 (thanks gmail).

Gmail uses their own internal filter so you can be relatively certain that your IP reputation is largely irrelevant unless you're actively sending spam to their servers (even by forwarder) as IPs always fall off their junk list after time.

Content could be triggering it as well. Domain name, images in signatures, URLs in the body, etc.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Check the error message, and contact them, sometimes people have abused an IP in the past etc etc, but if you have all setup ok, then a request to remove should sort it.

• As Jarland pointed out the content can trigger flags etc and get mail problems, man it's a nitemare.

• This why some people will not even accept an email address that has anything to do with gmail, outlook, hotmail, when you signup to a service, etc etc, Yahoo seem to be the coolest tho :)

• DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland said:
    Valid PTR matching server hostname, valid SPF record, IPv4 over v6 (thanks gmail).

Gmail uses their own internal filter so you can be relatively certain that your IP reputation is largely irrelevant unless you're actively sending spam to their servers (even by forwarder) as IPs always fall off their junk list after time.

Content could be triggering it as well. Domain name, images in signatures, URLs in the body, etc.

PTR i've set my rDNS same like my machine hostname. and about ipv4 over v6 i've no idea how.. because my vps use ipv4. according to mxtool my ip is not blacklisted

@podsdad said:
    As Jarland pointed out the content can trigger flags etc and get mail problems, man it's a nitemare.

and for content i've try write some normal email and its same :( so sad

• podsdadpodsdad Member
    edited November 2015

mail is very annoying at the moment.

• Just keep at it :)

• Well yes, im still searching on google and other forum for some help. and what i see in vestacp forum other people got this problem too

• I get it using Virtualmin. So your not alone.

• It's not just Vesta everyone is having the problem no matter what control panel if any that they are using.

Outlook andGmail are notorious for giving no clues how or why mails get listed as spam.

• It's not just Vesta everyone is having the problem no matter what control panel if any that they are using.

Outlook andGmail are notorious for giving no clues how or why mails get listed as spam.

• Mail is my biggest problem, with clients.

• @podsdad said:
    Mail is my biggest problem, with clients.

If your giving you clients vestacp you may want to use the logout feature

• to people like gmail, hotmail etc etc

• I think personally that everyone should be given a personal IP, bit like a national insurance number, that we can look after. Also the ability to purchase IP's so we can nurture and cultivate.

• At the moment we are just dished out ip's etc that have aids, to have a personal IP is the way forward and the ability to purchase IP addresses. Trust me we will value them.

• @jarland come here daddy and sort out this spammer

• tinytunnel, is that to me?? Just trying to help?

• I use Virtualmin?

• I too increase my post count.

No one notices.

podsdad said: I use Virtualmin?

• I dont care about post count :) Only joined today :)

• Usually on IRC, I don't count them :)

• There are very strict mods who are hired to count each and every members posts count. Those with the highest ones each month win a prize.

podsdad said: I dont care about post count :) Only joined today :)

• podsdadpodsdad Member
    edited November 2015

Ah, can I disable it as I am really not interested :)

• Just wait a few more days. I'll think you'll make it to the final draw.

podsdad said: can I disable it as I really not interested :)

• Too much IRC and can be chatty and fast at replying to stuff I guess :)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Mail is the most irritating thing on the internet and I'm being serious.

Thanked by 1podsdad