Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Credit Card Processing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Credit Card Processing

PatrickPatrick Member
edited October 2012 in Providers

Hi,

Any LEB providers using merchant based credit card processing?

We were looking to use 2co again but it seems they keep getting bad by the day, supporting the clients who request a refund then actually look into the case and dispute with both parties (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1201342)

So was looking to use a direct payment gateway, I'm yet to find something feasible. We currently accept Google Checkout but limited to people who actually use it and PayPal which generally covers most clients.

Any experience (preferably UK based) cc processors? I have looked at Nochex which seem ok and process payments on there hosted page so no need for PCI compliance and also looking into SagePay / PayPal Payments Pro.

Any experience with PP Payments Pro and how are there fees regarding chargebacks etc?

Comments

• Worldpay?
    Fees are ok, UK based (Subdivision of RBS)

• I work for a US based credit card processor. we have great servic rates, easy pci compliance but we can only process US based businesses.
    http://paymenttransactionsystems.com

• Could use PayPal Payflow and accept payments directly through your WHMCS.. but there is a monthly charge as well as for each payment.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

If you are US based you can check Stripe (stripe.com)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@William I'll check them out

@AsadHaider Yeah, it's PayPal Payments Pro, at £25/month. You also need to get PCI compliance from a 3rd party which is another £100-200 to handle payments on site.

@gbshouse UK based

PS. We have a business bank account with internet merchant account number etc all ready to go, they did offer Barclays ePDQ which is what OVH use but not a fan of it + we use HostBill and no integration for it so we thought we'll look at something already there for us to use

• AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

@StormVZ You can do the PCI compliance yourself, I make ecommerce sites for people and suggest Payments Pro to most of them. I handle all the PCI stuff on their behalf.

It has a really simple API, and there's a fully built plugin if you want to use it on WHMCS.

Take a look on this list

• @AsaidHaider Oh that's interested, I had called up SagePay they said they would do the PCI compliance via 3rd party (Trustwave) at a discounted rate or we could get it done ourselves but would need to provide them with a PCI compliance certificate to verify it's already been done. I'll call in PayPal Business tomorrow and ask to confirm if it can be done by ourselves without need of a 3rd party verification.

Would you happen to know if there's any chargeback fees?

• Just an update we called up PayPal since phone lines open till 10PM and got nearly everything sorted, just pending a review :)

• AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

@StormVZ PCI compliant certificate? Hah! I hear this stuff all the time.. these companies love ripping people off. You don't need any kind of audit, certificate or crap like that.

Run a hackerguardian scan to check your server (there's a free scan trial).

Do the PCI self assessment questionnaire yourself and just go through it. Once it's done, you'll be given an online pdf certificate. It's a pain in the ass, but you definitely can do it yourself for free.

@StormVZ said: Just an update we called up PayPal since phone lines open till 10PM and got nearly everything sorted, just pending a review :)

Cool, is this for WHMCS integration btw?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@AsadHaider said: Do the PCI self assessment questionnaire yourself and just go through it. Once it's done, you'll be given an online pdf certificate. It's a pain in the ass, but you definitely can do it yourself for free.

Pain in the ass you say, how long does it usually take?

@AsadHaider said: Cool, is this for WHMCS integration btw?

@AsadHaider HostBill, love the no branding. Many people think it's a custom billing panel :P

Thanks for hackerguardian idea, just signed up and scanning now.

Also found a link through cPanel addons to: https://www.scanalert.com/SignUp.sa?oc=4377

Which is McAfee's PCI scan which also includes 6 free scans

• We use Beanstream (and sell a module for WHMCS for it --- though, that might be just getting open sourced soon).

• @StormVZ said: Pain in the ass you say, how long does it usually take?

There's like a thousand questions :P Just need to answer yes to every one, takes a while.

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/merchants/self_assessment_form.php

@StormVZ said: Which is McAfee's PCI scan which also includes 6 free scans

Tried it before, and I prefer Hacker Guardian because it's easier to use.

• You could try Stripe. There's a lot of startups who use them

• @rgenzon I would but it's only in the USA/CA. We're from the UK

• @StormVZ too bad. Perhaps Paypal is the easiest way to deal with this for now

This one looks interesting http://www.swissmicsi.com/paymentgateway.html but I don't have any personal experience with them

• Just an update we went with PayPal, had a chat to someone from the UK merchant services team and just pending final review of our terms and what not!

• @StormVZ I would say that you made a good choice. I've been with Authorize.net since 2008, but I can't say I'm too thrilled about them and BankCard. Good luck with PayPal. @AsadHaider suggested PayPal Payments Pro as well. I might finally switch as well. Let us know how it is. Thanks.

• @marcm Will post an quick overview when and if we get approved which should be early next week

• @StormVZ Thank you, I appreciate it :)

• @marcm said: @StormVZ I would say that you made a good choice. I've been with Authorize.net since 2008, but I can't say I'm too thrilled about them and BankCard.

Why aren't you happy with the setup?