Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for short term office sublease in Seattle (or Washington state/I5) for server assembly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for short term office sublease in Seattle (or Washington state/I5) for server assembly

dccdcc Member, Host Rep

Hi folks,

We are looking for some open space (500-1200 sq ft) with 2-3 desks and a power outlet for server assembly.

Here's how it is going to be used:

1. We ship 30-40 servers + parts there
  2. We come over for a few days to assemble & test all servers
  3. We leave

This takes us 1 week to complete and we do this once per quarter.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Why not a co-working space if you're going to be there for only a week?

http://www.impacthubseattle.com/ from Google.

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

I was looking at coworking spaces as well as meeting rooms at a few hotels. The main issue with them is there is no way to send 40 servers there (or there is no elevator or other logistics issues). Also they tend to freak out a bit when I explain the details :-)

• Ask your DC for some space?

• Doesn't McDonalds have free wifi?

Thanked by 1jh
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Doesn't McDonalds have free wifi?

Doesn't 000webhost have free hosting? ;)

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Maybe you can find something on airbnb? I had an airbnb last year in austria and they were fine with me shipping my snowboard and boots to their address.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Why not skip all that headache and have an integrator build them?

We also build servers for our customers, others probably do to.

• @vfuse said:
    Maybe you can find something on airbnb? I had an airbnb last year in austria and they were fine with me shipping my snowboard and boots to their address.

That's fantastic idea. Airbnb seems to have much more potential than it seems to have.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

What about a self-storage facility?

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • @qps said:
    What about a self-storage facility?

Is that allowed? That's actually a pretty nifty idea. Could setup a desk and everything in there.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Jade_G said: Is that allowed? That's actually a pretty nifty idea. Could setup a desk and everything in there.

Obviously would need to check with the rules in your lease, but I don't see why not. I've seen electricians and plumbers storing their spare parts and whatnot in there, and assembling stuff to go out to customer locations, so I don't see how this would be much different.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Maybe Airbnb is an option too? That way you also have a place to sleep.

• Your colo provider should be able to provide you build space. They'll probably charge you for it, but it will be cheaper than building up and then shipping to site.

• Have you talked to your DC yet? Many already have a room for customers, and if not, definitely already have a room to build servers in. I don't see why they wouldn't allow you/your team access to either.

Thanks everyone for the insights.

Checked with 3 random self-storage facilities in the area, looks like they do not offer power

Airbnb looks like an interesting option, as well as doing all this right inside of the datacenter, just need to make sure we arrange this ahead of time, we will try this route.

• @dcc offtopic. Are you the one that use custom made control panel (Back then at LEB)?

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    dcc offtopic. Are you the one that use custom made control panel (Back then at LEB)?
    @vRozenSch00n said:
    dcc offtopic. Are you the one that use custom made control panel (Back then at LEB)?

If they are the owners of bandwagon AFAIK they have a custom cp called kiwivm

• Ah yes, kiwivm. Did you make it? I always admire hosting that make their own panel :)

• Also off-topic. So there will new location coming for BandwagonHost right? Will XVMLabs also have this Seattle location?

• XVMLabs will probably never go in stock again because of IPv4 prices.

@vRozenSch00n yes we make KiwiVM :)

@fkj So far it seems like we will not be restocking XVM Labs, unless we will be releasing ipv6-only or ipv6+ipv4 NAT VPS (both highly unlikely to happen any time soon).