Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB ARIN /19 ipv4 for $45K cash, ARIN approved
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WTB ARIN /19 ipv4 for $45K cash, ARIN approved

dccdcc Member, Host Rep

We are looking buy a /19 for $45000 (via Escrow.com).

Ips must be clean

Will consider longer prefixes (ie /20 or /21)

We have ARIN approval and we already have experience in buying IPv4 so it will be a smooth transaction.

Comments

• $5.4 per IP ?
    i dont think you can get at that. Min i have seen is $7/IP

• http://www.ipv4auctions.com/

they have a /20 up around the price. but thought i may put this up just in case.

• New XVMLabs stock?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

5.5$ per IP for a clean /19 is not realistic. That is pricing for a /18+.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

There are folks out there that will wheel and deal but you might have to buy bigger to get your price as previously mentioned.

• edited November 2015

@jbiloh said:
    There are folks out there that will wheel and deal but you might have to buy bigger to get your price as previously mentioned.

Like adding a "0"to his budget? :o

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Not that much, but market value is around $10/IP if you aren't in a rush. $7/IP seems to be common on smaller blocks right now, but that won't last all that long. By next year i see most places bumping monthly renewal prices and buy out allocations well past $10/IP.

There's a guy on my IRC channel that recently was buying a simple /24 and he was able to get it for a 'steal' at < $3000. He was bidding on one prior to the one he won and it was $4k+ closing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

You may need to increase your budget for clean IPs. Prices have been trending upward.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

With the IPv4 market right now it really depends on the condition and mindset of the seller. That's why the range is so large -- between $5 and $10 an IP. Sometimes, recently, sellers have been highly motivated and are willing to deal to move the space quick. That's going to start happening less and less though.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • With all these ongoing ( expensive ips) , how can we possibly get good deals for LEBs?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

inthecloudblog said: With all these ongoing ( expensive ips) , how can we possibly get good deals for LEBs?

Were you able to get a good deal a year ago? Yes.

Are you able to get a better deal (more for less) today? Yes.

Will you be able to get a still better deal tomorrow? I'd wager yes.

@raindog308 said:

Maybe, but the problem is many DC's are now biting into the VPS market and are undercutting their own users. Why are they going to sell you a /28 for cheap when they can:

• Sell some dedi's (be it /30's or static ARP /32's)
    • Sell VM's themselves, cutting you out of the picture

It's an ugly thing and while I say it's a really bad case of conflict-of-interest, it's bound to happen as companies are forced to undercut themselves to get by.

Francisco

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @Francisco said: It's an ugly thing and while I say it's a really bad case of conflict-of-interest, it's bound to happen as companies are forced to undercut themselves to get by.

The only ones who can compete will be folks who own their IP space, and even then they're going to be looking to maximize the value of that. We'll still see <$7/mo VMs, without question, but the cheap cheap yearlies are going to go away.

If a DC is passing on IPs at $1+/mo/IP - you can say goodbye to $15/yr VPS's from tiny resellers. And when those are out of the picture, you'll see the folks who own their space price matching because they can make more.

@raindog308 said: Are you able to get a better deal (more for less) today? Yes.

We're in a weird period where people have been trying to justify and grab as much IPv4 space as possible, so in the last year or two there have been a lot of dirt cheap plans just so someone could show they've utilized their space and request more. I think this will start to fizzle out shortly now with ARIN being out.

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

We realize that the offered price per IP is lower than market. However we are coming from first hand experience, real deals like this do exist. Hence I mentioned we have cash on hand and know how to close the transaction very quickly. In some cases this makes a big difference.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

dcc said: Hence I mentioned we have cash on hand and know how to close the transaction very quickly. In some cases this makes a big difference.

It does not. No one sells IPs on credit or for hot air, not even to huge players like OVH. 100% upfront payment everywhere.

Yes, such deals do exist - once per year. 5$/IP times are over, even in ARIN, and will never return.

mikeyur said: We're in a weird period where people have been trying to justify and grab as much IPv4 space as possible, so in the last year or two there have been a lot of dirt cheap plans just so someone could show they've utilized their space and request more. I think this will start to fizzle out shortly now with ARIN being out.

It already did. IPSystemsLTD disappeared a while back, as did RIJX. I'm honestly surprised xvm is still continuing, it smells exactly like a grab brand.

Then again, the OP didn't say that it would be used for that brand, since they also operate a bunch of others.

Francisco

@William
    There are a few finance-related reasons why a transaction like this can get significantly delayed, hence my clarification that cash is ready.

We're not in a hurry, so once a year works for us :)

@Francisco
    Haven't you guys offered VPS with tons of IPv4 space? I can't seem to be able to find that topic but I am pretty positive it was on this forum right around the time when we posted our xvmlabs offer.

Back when we started xvmlabs it was very clear that it would be completely pointless to try and defend the brand from accusation that it was an ip grab, so we tried to avoid the topic. Many people do not realize that even in pure ipv4 space terms xvmlabs is a very small part of what we do. There are two reasons of its existence - KiwiVM backend development and Nodewatch stability improvement - as both projects experienced certain growing pains. A bit of extra justified IP space was a nice bonus, but it was not the point - so far we have gained pretty much zero benefits from owning the extra xvmlabs space, and even if we sold the company tomorrow - in pure cash value it is not significant to us.

We are being accused of hoarding IPs and at the same time we have to buy the IPs on the market, is not it ironic?

Thanked by 2alexvolk Mark_R
  • We are being accused of hoarding IPs and at the same time we have to buy the IPs on the market, is not it ironic?

No, you simply failed to hoard enough.

Thanked by 1singsing

dcc said: @Francisco Haven't you guys offered VPS with tons of IPv4 space? I can't seem to be able to find that topic but I am pretty positive it was on this forum right around the time when we posted our xvmlabs offer.

We did a single large plan offer to a single blog and the owner of that brand got excited and posted about it over here. The target market was just the chinese since at the time they had major issues with the GFW blocking ip's on them. In total we sold like 30 of the plans and every single one that came from LET got terminated for spam.

dcc said: We are being accused of hoarding IPs and at the same time we have to buy the IPs on the market, is not it ironic?

You're not being accused. You offer a service and people get full use of the space they bought. Hoarding is usually false justification forms and the likes. What i'm surprised about is that you haven't started to spin down xvm as people cancel/etc to bring some of the IP space to your other brands.

Anyway, good luck, as @William said, it's a kinda low price. Incero had a similar request on WHT before ARIN went dry and as far as I know they didn't get any bites.

You'll probably have to bring it up to $7/IP to get bites.

Francisco

@William
    This thread already gave me some head scratching to do, but this I did not expect at all. I do not think I ever offended you, if I ever did then I apologize...

@Francisco
    Thanks. To be fair we no longer sell old xvmlabs plans as at this point it would make no sense.

I realize we could buy much quicker at $7/IP (in fact we already have an offer for $7/IP), but in this case we can wait a few months.

Thanked by 1Francisco