Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyshared.net, how they can offer hosting for such a low price?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyshared.net, how they can offer hosting for such a low price?

postcdpostcd Member
edited November 2015 in General

Hello, please how this provider (buyshared.net) can offer webhosting with:

• cpanel,listespeed,cloudlinux

• ssd raid10

• luxembourg with dedicated IP RIPE (while IPs in EU cost more than $1)

• 100gb data transfer monthly

• unlimited domains

for less than $0.5 monthly? I think buyshared representative is @Francisco there.

Comments

• Simple because they can I believe would be the best answer, things like that depend on sales, hardware, demand and loads of other things. I don't think you will get an exact answer on. On the other end if your asking how you can offer it simple buy a server install cPanel and the add ons purchase an IP block and make a pretty good business plan that is profitable and you might just have youself a buyshared.net/2.

Thanked by 1hamdanfadh
  • Pony power?

1. They have loyal customers.
    2. They have the skills and know how to optimize the system.
    3. They do invest some capital.
    4. They have contacts that can give them good pricing.

At least that's what I know.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

You should ask their live chat regarding your doubts. I'm sure FranTech can be trusted.

Features like 'unlimited domains' is common among shared hosting providers. Price for IPs depends on demand the ISP, but FranTech are IP owners, so cost should not be a issue for their customers.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I guess time for a less trolly reply.

• We own all of our IP space, & servers, meaning our recurring costs are very low once the hardware is paid for
    • We get internal pricing on all of our licensing
    • We know how to optimize our gear to keep things running smooth. There's bumps here/there, but that comes with using cPanel

BuyShared has been running for 1 1/2 years now and we have no reason to stop offering the product. I'm in the midst of ordering 2 more nodes for Luxembourg as we speak.

Francisco

• Come on it's shared hosting...

• Currently running a moderately large forum (500k+ post) on one of said Luxembourg buyshared nodes. He's right about the bumps, I've noticed twice when it's gone down this year.

But otherwise, it's great. Actually better performance than my old servint VPS I was paying over 20x more for. I never even used the fact that it was a VPS much anyway, just stuck to cpanel. So why not go with decent shared hosting?

Granted, I went with a high end reseller package as I felt I'd be sorta taking the piss running my site off a $5/year plan, but still.

• cloudlinux does some magical things...

• Been using them for more than 1 year and never looked back.

They know how to do things correctly.

Thanked by 2Francisco postcd
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

All the gear is stolen, they're secretly squatting in their DCs, and Aldryic is a perl script.

edited November 2015

@raindog308 said:
    All the gear is stolen, they're secretly squatting in their DCs, and Aldryic is a perl script.

"So you're here for the tour of the facility right?"
    "Uh huh"
    "Great so just follow me -"
    "Hey where's the washroom?"
    "Right over there"
    "Cool, thanks."
    "Hey why are you taking that box with you in there?"
    "....no reason"

Francisco

Roph said: Granted, I went with a high end reseller package as I felt I'd be sorta taking the piss running my site off a $5/year plan, but still.

The amount of people that ask for 4 dedicated cores on a $10/year plan is maddening :( I wish I was kidding, but livechat is nothing short of amusing.

Francisco

• op, do you need to asking about everything?

• postcd said: luxembourg with dedicated IP RIPE

BuyVM uses ARIN IPs for LU, not RIPE. As they did not have to pay for them on open market the cost is around 1$/IP/yr to ARIN.

postcd said: cpanel,listespeed,cloudlinux

All not really expensive as you pay them only once per box, that thing is surely slabbed anyway to get the cheaper cpanel/cl VPS pricing which then gets you a total of like 30$ per node.

postcd said: 100gb data transfer monthly

Costs nothing anymore, 1TB costs around 2EUR so 100GB are ~20c.

• Good management + Economies of scale.

Also, they have a really good reputation (one of the most important variables in this industry), they maintain it by providing quality/budget (yeah, I know ..) product with great support.

I don't think they are spending any penny on ads, they get referred in almost all the posts in here related to shared hosting, this gives them (IMO) more cash to re-invest and expand (which leads to cheaper services).

The $5/y option can run a lot of sites if storage space isn't a requirement and even if it is, better use AWS or other cloud storage services.

• I don't know but I love it.

• Or its a loss leader. Gain clients due to create service at cheap costs eventually leads to more customers on hire costs plans and customers are willing to expand with people they like.

Just an example.

• cmsjr123 said: customers are willing to expand with people they like.

Not necessarily IMHO, I've been using their 128MB $15/year VPS service since August 2010 :)

Just a few month ago I use the $2/monthLU Buyshared, and it's been great.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Dedicated IP in Europe for $5 a year is the amazing part. Other than that, I'm sure most hosts can afford to give a few GB of disk for a few dollars a year. We did a bunch of promotions for our 1GB shared plan a while ago for free, $1 and $2 a year. It doesn't really lose us money. So if you already have all the hardware, IPs, etc, then why not?

@cmsjr123 said:
    Or its a loss leader. Gain clients due to create service at cheap costs eventually leads to more customers on hire costs plans and customers are willing to expand with people they like.

Just an example.

We've never run loss leaders ;) We turn a healthy profit off everything we sell.

Francisco

• i have know francisco service long before i join LET...he is one of the first that offer host of ragnarok game server back 6 /7 years ago at eathena forum :D so he have been in this business quiet long ;D

@merkurius said:
    i have know francisco service long before i join LET...he is one of the first that offer host of ragnarok game server back 6 /7 years ago at eathena forum :D so he have been in this business quiet long ;D

Wew

• you used to call the service frantech or something isnt it?

• merkurius said: you used to call the service frantech or something isnt it?

It still is.

@merkurius said:
    you used to call the service frantech or something isnt it?

Frantech is the parent to everything else ;) It used to do RO and a few other gameservers but once BuyVM started to take off we had to change focus.

I actually had to install RO last night to help a customer debug an issue, I was having flashbacks.

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • raindog308 said: Aldryic is a perl script

I dieded !

Thanked by 1raindog308

BTW @Francisco how come you have SSD only on buyshared and not buyvm? I'd think VPSes would benefit more from SSD than cPanel boxes.

@raindog308 said:
    BTW Francisco how come you have SSD only on buyshared and not buyvm? I'd think VPSes would benefit more from SSD than cPanel boxes.

OpenVZ 256MB+ are all SSD and have nightly backups. NJ & LU are pending on the backups side, should be in place this month :) Awaiting a hardware racking.

Francisco

Francisco said: OpenVZ 256MB+ are all SSD and have nightly backups.

And so of course I have to ask about KVM SSD plans.

Thanked by 1vimalware