Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Quadranet mistreating former Crissic customers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Quadranet mistreating former Crissic customers?

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ricardo said:
    Is the IP space such a big deal, how many customers would Crissic have realistically had. 2-3000?

Probably.

The fact the /18 got reallocated means it wasn't in use by Crissic's VPS side, and rather leased/etc.

Didn't they allocate 2+ IP's per VM?

Francisco

• Francisco said: Didn't they allocate 2+ IP's per VM?

Yes.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You gotta love how Skylar promised that this second time he was serious about Crissic and he wouldn't disappear again :)

@Nyr said:
    You gotta love how Skylar promised that this second time he was serious about Crissic and he wouldn't disappear again :)

To be fair, he didn't deadpool at least, and he sold to a company that is for the most part taking care of it.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    To be fair, he didn't deadpool at least, and he sold to a company that is for the most part taking care of it.
    Francisco

That's true, but the speculations mentioned regarding the acquisition makes me worry since I've a couple of VPS there.

Well, it's time to make up my mind so that I can put my mind at ease.

@Server said:

While QNET is probably wanting IP space, they've already promised that they won't be revoking or kicking current customers out. They have a lot of customers that got a lot of space (old nuggets was publicly claiming he was getting /24's with every server) pre ARIN run out, but as those customers cancel, it's unlikely QNET is going to be kicking out such offers and everyones going back down to /29's + pay for the rest.

An /18 can go a long way if they aren't careless. Assuming each server gets a single /29, they could provision 2000+ new dedicated servers before they run out.

TL;DR - They'll honor prices for a couple years probably, but everyone should expect their prices to increase in a couple years unless there's a serious global push into IPV6.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nyr said:

It's like waking up after a night out and promising never to drink again.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • thagoatthagoat Member
    edited November 2015

Interesting note. @QuadraNet_Adam has read this thread and not denied that they will kick our poor Crissic lost souls to the curb. Commencing server migration in 3...2...1...

• thagoat said: Interesting note. @QuadraNet_Adam has read this thread and not denied that they will kick our poor Crissic lost souls to the curb. Commencing server migration in 3...2...1...

To be fair, he did not say one way or another. I can't comment how they handle Crissic support, but my QN support tickets are always handled well and timely, even when I am not at my finest hour and spewing some old man grumpiness.

I won't lose sleep if they do bail the Crissic brand, it is in direct competition of some of their colo customers, but so in the QN cloud offering. Heck, even ColoCrossing is in QN for their LA location offering colo, so there is room for everyone to offer something different to their customers.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n