Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seflow/Domflow down again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seflow/Domflow down again

alexvolkalexvolk Member
edited November 2015 in Providers

Well, today my server is timeouting again.

People from facebook have created tickets but no response yet.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1094773697212890&id=169991886357747

Down since 11/21/2015 07:52:56 UTC

NetworkError: Connect failed: connect timed out

I'll definetely moving away from them.

Comments

• You must give them some time to answer the tickets. In such cases you may get some discount if you ask them before moving away. But if this happens again and again the discount is not anymore worth :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2015

Maybe they got raided by the FBI and several divisions of the DDoS Police?

• @MisterHost_NET said:
    You must give them some time to answer the tickets. In such cases you may get some discount if you ask them before moving away. But if this happens again and again the discount is not anymore worth :)

I'm sorry no one needs discounts when they're failing to provide excellent service which everyone were expecting.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Why don't we invite the guy himself. EARTH AND LET TO @MATTEOB

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

@hawc said:
    Why don't we invite the guy himself. EARTH AND LET TO MATTEOB

Last Active November 6

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I abandoned the ship a month ago. Not worth the hassle and it's difficult to trust @matteob after all the drama.

• alexvolk said: Well, today my server is timeouting again.

Which location? I have an instance in France and it works (well, at least returns ping, haven't bothered to check further).

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2015

Edit: @alexvolk they isolated & disabled the faulty gateway 3hrs ago according to their twitter
    . I just had to power on the VM from the CP. (should have been auto per my expectations) Looks fine now.

I'm seeing intermittent ping losses from external monitoring over last 24-36hrs.

My running mosh session is probably why I don't get the OP's connect timeout. I'm in SBG btw

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited November 2015

@rsd100 it's Italy, Milano.

It took them 5 hours to post any news about problem.

Most people on facebook page says that they'll moving away since it's second time that servers are down for all customers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

It's probably the application installed on your VPS. Did you try turning it off and on again?

(Not sure if I need a sarcasm tag)

• jarland said: Did you try turning it off and on again?

It only works for Windows95 :P

Thanked by 1jar
  • Maybe they were understaffed on Friday or maybe just bad luck to have network issues so close together.

I'm not a dc tech, so I can't comment on the competency or lack of, w.r.t isolating root cause of issues quickly .

They're still in my evaluation list of providers.

• there's plenty of clouds in the sky, they should pick another cloud and maybe it will have better reliability

• vimalware said: Maybe they were understaffed on Friday or maybe just bad luck to have network issues so close together.

Nobody works in Italy after 17:00 on Friday, much like Germany and Austria. They likely only had very basic staff at office/DC.

Thanked by 1vimalware