Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gateway fees with Invoice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gateway fees with Invoice

DhruboHostDhruboHost Member
edited November 2015 in Help

is there Any affordable script that can add gateway fees with invoice?
please, mention without module garden 69$/year script.

This is the script im looking for. but, price is too much here. http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/payment_gateway_charges/features

Comments

• Build it into your item price, no one tacks fees for payment processing onto the bill as a separate line item.

• WHMCS - Setup>Payments>Tax Rules, is this what your referring to?

• DhruboHostDhruboHost Member
    edited November 2015

Actually I'm using three different gateway and fees are different. so, i just want to make the price same for product and want a script that will add additional gateway fee (different fees for different gateways) into the invoice.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @DhruboHost said:
    Actually I'm using three difference gateway and fees are different. so, i just want to make the price same for product and want a script that will add additional gateway fee (different fees for different gateways) into the invoice.

Are they gateways different by like Country or State lets say someone from USA pays 9.2% and someone from Canada pays 2.2% or something like that? If so you can use the tax rules and separate the % by country or state.

• @IgniteServers said:
    Are they gateways different by like Country or State lets say someone from USA pays 9.2% and someone from Canada pays 2.2% or something like that? If so you can use the tax rules and separate the % by country or state.

its depend of gateways not countries. like paypal charges 2.9%, my local gateway charges 2%. so, when customer order 20$ product. invoice for paypal gateway will be 20$+2.9% and, for local gateway it will be 20$+2%.

• This is the script im looking for. but, price is too much here.
    http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/payment_gateway_charges/features

• $70/year is too much for something that you need for your business?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • DhruboHostDhruboHost Member
    edited November 2015

@vld said:
    $70/year is too much for something that you need for your business?

may be there is something that i don't know. asking community because may be someone can give me something better or, affordable. and, as it is business that doesn't mean i've to spent big for everything. isn't it?

• Why not just charge 2.9% regardless of the gateway?

• Keep in mind - charging the customer paypal fees violates the paypal ToS (except in EU).

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @Microlinux said:
    Why not just charge 2.9% regardless of the gateway?

Yes, i can easily do that. but, im looking if there is something that can handle fees as extra field, not with product price.

as it not a compulsory thing for me so i just don't want to pay year by year.

• Who you use for processing payments says that what you want to do is a contract violation. So no, there's not a widespread module to do what you are asking.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Either raise your prices or eat the costs. Transaction fees are just a cost of doing business.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I'm damn sure, you'll lose handful of clients if you show them that they need to pay an Extra Fee as Gateway Fees !

Thanked by 1Caster
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited November 2015

William said: Keep in mind - charging the customer paypal fees violates the paypal ToS (except in EU).

Illegal in India as well (As per RBI rules for any pos / payment gateway) but widely practised but one complaint will result in the termination of account

• @DhruboHost if you have an actual payment processing account, set up PayFlow with your payment processing account. That way you'll pay the lower 2% rate, and PayPal charges you just a $0.10 platform fee. You also will avoid getting your Paypal account locked by doing this, as Paypal is no longer at risk if you get a changeback or process a few thousand in Credit/Debit cards and get tagged as high risk.

• @William said:
    Keep in mind - charging the customer paypal fees violates the paypal ToS (except in EU).

I have a Finland provider charging me PayPal gateway fee. So does it mean it's ok since Finland is in EU?

• www.chargedesk.com ... it does everything for you including invoice, refund management, customer data, tickets!! combine this with freshdesk/zendesk, you have a complete automation.

• That can't be said about your technology page http://cloudvps.io/technology/.

cloudvps said: you have a complete automation.

• Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. :)

• I recommend people avoid a business that charges a gateway fee.

• elgs said: I have a Finland provider charging me PayPal gateway fee. So does it mean it's ok since Finland is in EU?

Yes.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

@ez2uk last time I checked ResellerClub is incorporated in India, has their accounts open with Indian details, and charges their Customer gateway fees.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited November 2015

@Clouvider What I mentioned is the law but in India, awareness level and transparency is a times lower than in the west. There is the law and there are more people who choose to ignore it because of the lack of adequate infrastructure (people / process) to enforce it.

Having said that, if a customer of that company makes a complaint with the bank the company is associated with, the bank is obligated to reverse the fee and take actions to curb the practice or sever relations.

Truth be told, I only came to know of the existence of the law just three weeks back