Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Quadranet mistreating former Crissic customers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hello,

My Crissic/Quadranet OpenVZ VPS has not been accessible via SolusVM for about a month.

The VPS is accessible via SSH but it can not be self-managed to the extent that one would expect.

I opened a ticket on 10/22/15. Intermittently, I've been told that OnApp/SolusVM "is working on a patch" (the last time was 11/06/15), but the "connection issue" has not been fixed to date.

I have VPSs with four other hosts and none of them exhibit the problem of SolusVM declaring the server to be "Unknown" or "Offline" as Quadranet's interface does.

Do other Crissic/Quadranet customers have the same problem?

Comments

• Haha, what do you expect?

I said it then and i said it now: Quadranet does not give a single shit about the Crissic customers. Their only interest was the good price they got for the IP space, the customers are just an "annoying side effect". They WANT you to cancel to sell the /24 your VPS is located in to a colo or dedicated customer that pays more per service and/or more per IP.

Economics.

• cociucociu Member
    edited November 2015

William said: William Member, Provider

1:18AM Flag
    Haha, what do you expect?

I said it then and i said it now: Quadranet does not give a single shit about the Crissic customers. Their only interest was the good price they got for the IP space, the customers are just an "annoying side effect". They WANT you to cancel to sell the /24 your VPS is located in to a colo or dedicated customer that pays more per service and/or more per IP.

Economics.

unfortunatly .... is true.... this ipv4.....

• Hi Shaper,

I will need a ticket ID so I can look up your account at Crissic, I have sent you a PM requesting this information. If you could please respond at your earliest convenience, I would like to resolve any outstanding issues with your account and ensure you're a happy customer.

I sincerely appreciate your time!

Thanks for your trust and continued business,

• I got an automated abuse ticket and they shut down my VPS for almost 20 hours for installing transmission-daemon. I responded 3 times to the ticket, finally getting pretty nasty before they answered. The excuse was that the abuse department wasn't staffed 24/7. The customer service is sketchy at best. Definitely not what they used to be, sadly.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • LeeLee Veteran

Of course, now shut up and give them that IP address back.

• Lee said: Of course, now shut up and give them that IP address back.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I have no idea how they do old Crissic clients. But when I had service with Quadranet they was quick to help and service was great with no noticed downtime.

Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam
  • I am a Crissic client, and I can access the Client Area and VPS Control. The server runs well except for the interruption during migration.

Here's the LEB bench as of today:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Thu Nov 19 21:57:49 EST 2015
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5660  @ 2.80GHz
    CPU Cores       : 4
    Frequency       : 2800.141 MHz
    Memory          : 1024 MB
    Swap            : 1024 MB
    Uptime          : 44 days, 20:56,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 7
    Arch            : i686 (32 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab108.8
    Hostname        : crs

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 162.220.10.165

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        109MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          93.0MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       65.8MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       28.9MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       30.8MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       66.2MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          8.96MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       8.11MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         8.85MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        22.9MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 136 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 244 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 210 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 196.667 MB/s

I'd like to keep it, but I'm a little worry about the future of this package that I'm on, whether Quadranet will keep it or terminate it in the near future.

I asked this privately to @dustinc (I know him since SemoWeb) but it seems it is uneasy to answer, and he told me not to worry.

My next payment will be due on the 30th of this month, but until now I haven't receive any invoice.

@QuadraNet_Adam, I'd like to have your assurance about what's the next move.

Is Quadranet really willing to keep old Crissic customers with the same package, or Quadranet bought Crissic for the IP space and later on give customers option whether to "upgrade" to more expensive package or leave?

If the latter is Quadranet's next move, then for the sake of my good relation with @dustinc I'd be happy to cancel the package and leave :)

Thanks for your attention and consideration.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited November 2015

I'm also a Crissic user I can access the billing panel where you can also reboot/boot etc the VPS however I can no longer access SolusVMs webpage..

And I don't care, the VPS works and has been stable since the beginning...

• i can acces solusvm normally

• Gotta love the signature of Mr. "I Make Deals" who doesn't respond to emails...

• If they want to get rid of the Crissic customers in order to sell the IPs on to higher-paying dedi customers, why don't they just terminate the Crissic clients at the end of their current billing period? Why pretend they care about them?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@VPSensational said:
    If they want to get rid of the Crissic customers in order to sell the IPs on to higher-paying dedi customers, why don't they just terminate the Crissic clients at the end of their current billing period? Why pretend they care about them?

Why turn away income? They didn't get the IP's for free, they probably paid somewhere around $5/each, so they have $160k+ they need to recoup. If their overhead on running Crissic is power, a little bit of bandwidth, a bit of power, and a few admin hours, then it's good for them.

I'm assuming they don't want to continue growing crissic since it turns into a big conflict-of-interest as well as giving 3 of their workers PTSD.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @VPSensational said:
    If they want to get rid of the Crissic customers in order to sell the IPs on to higher-paying dedi customers, why don't they just terminate the Crissic clients at the end of their current billing period? Why pretend they care about them?

they already "take" /18 from crissic asn, maybe enough for now.

this i.imgur.com/dqKDzKB.png taken @ 11agust and now /18 moved under quadranet asn http://i.imgur.com/Iv2pZO2.jpg

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • cassacassa Member
    edited November 2015

I miss those days where you literally got an reply on your ticket 10 seconds after you've created the ticket.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • cassa said: I miss those days where you literally got an reply on your ticket 10 seconds after you've created the ticket.

In my experience, that's a company with too many staff for the customers it has. Staff with a normal level of work aren't sitting with nothing to do waiting for your ticket - you'll get a quick response, but not moments.

Thanked by 1Virpus
  • shell said: they already "take" /18 from crissic asn, maybe enough for now.

yea, well, what do you expect.... probably already got dedis in that net as well.

Francisco said: Why turn away income? They didn't get the IP's for free, they probably paid somewhere around $5/each, so they have $160k+ they need to recoup

Likely less, else they would have bought external.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Hello QuadraNet_Adam,

The ticket ID is: #226161- "VPS control panel not working"

The node is: OVZ01

On 10/28/15 Adam Ng posted: "No updates at this time. We are working closely with them to resolve this problem. In the meantime your server is fully working and online via SSH - if you need anything done from the control panel just let us know."

On 11/06/15 Adam Ng stated: "To keep you updated on this, the SolusVM team is currently working on a patch for this intermittent issue."

On 11/10/15, on being notified that the ticket was closed, I replied: "This ticket should not be marked "closed" until access to the vps via SolusVM has been restored. The issue is not "intermittent" in my case. It has been continuous since at least the middle of October."

The ticket has been marked "In Progress" since then.

In the interest of transparency, this reply will be copied into the thread.

• @shaper

Thank you for the update. We have looked into your support ticket and have applied the necessary fixes.

Thank you and have a great weekend,

• Just an update, I have received the invoice.

I hope I can consider this as an assurance that QuadraNet wouldn't neglect ex-Crissics customers.

Thanks.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

vRozenSch00n said: I hope I can consider this as an assurance that QuadraNet wouldn't neglect ex-Crissics customers.

You can hope whatever you want, but they don't want Crissic customers and this is only a matter of time.

• @vRozenSch00n did you already pay? best of luck in anyway.

• Nyr said: they don't want Crissic customers and this is only a matter of time.

Still need a formal statement on this, as I don't want a third stroke attack :)

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • ehab said: did you already pay? best of luck in anyway.

No, not yet. As I said to @Nyr, I don't want a third stroke attack, if I pay and they cancel not long after.

• maybe wait for upcoming offers and do the right thing.

• ehab said: maybe wait for upcoming offers and do the right thing.

I think so.

• Hello All,

SolusVM access for control my VPS has been restored.

We'll never know how long my month-old ticket might have continued to have been ignored had I not shared the situation with the lowendbox community.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Is the IP space such a big deal, how many customers would Crissic have realistically had. 2-3000?