Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone getting cPanel 11.34 as an option?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone getting cPanel 11.34 as an option?

hostdoghostdog Member
edited October 2012 in General

Hi,

cPanel announced 11.34. Can anyone get the option to upgrade? We don't :)

Spyros

Comments

• Yeah, I was confused about that too. Got the email but couldn't see the new version in WHM Update Preferences.

Ran an update, and force reinstall. Update Preferences is still showing 11.32.5.11 as the latest "current" build.

• edited October 2012

I wouldn't suggest it on a production server but if you really want to:

Open /etc/cpupdate.conf and make change to:
    CPANEL=current

Then
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp --force

(This should work, but I haven't tried it to see if it really upgrades to 11.34. Will wait for 11.34 on release tier)

• I think we will wait till it hits the release tier =D

• I agree with waiting for the release, but I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong or it was cPanel's fault.

• Oh, i misunderstood the point of the topic. xD I had the impression you were asking if it was something hosts would offer as an option to end-users.
    No, I don’t see the update in our WHM interface, but I did get the emails about it. I think the new WHM looks a little ugly IMO. It was fine the way it was.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

Yeah, I got confused, I set it to current and updated but meh.. it's still showing 11.32.

@George_Fusion Tried, but no work.

• I could not find any demo/screenshots. Got a link @DamienSB ?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

@hostdog said: Got a link @DamienSB ?

I think he's talking about the new login screens that were rolled out a while back. 11.34 was just announced today, although I haven't seen any screenies only that same e-mail that got delivered to like every e-mail address I have.

• jhjh Member
    edited October 2012

Just did it for a customer - had to change the path to LTS for some reason, and it still shows 11.33, but the new look is there:

I think this is a vast improvement on the old look.

Thanked by 1hostdog
  • I hate the grey boxes around the icons.

• Indeed, there would be a reason for the grey boxes if the icons were grouped in some way.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

I hate that new login screen, it sucks. Still using the legacy one on my servers.

@DamienSB said: I think we will wait till it hits the release tier =D

Ditto :P as hostdog said, just wanted to check.

• edited October 2012

Looks like there's a delay until 7pm CDT (so 20 more minutes...?)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Finally, an upgraded design. Not enough to impress me, but nice to know they're thinking about it. I like the grey boxes because it helps separate the massive options and makes it briefly appear less cluttered to me.

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Looks a little less messy.

Totally agree with jarland.

Thanked by 1jar