Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4vps migration to new datacenter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4vps migration to new datacenter

Comments

• RolterRolter Member
    edited November 2015

@time4vps said:

About 8TB plans , you need to give it sometime for people to get addicted to it , it is just how some plans work. Besides people now know your services are reliable and stable , so more people will be comfortable with giving you their money .

I would certainly get a few of those VPS .

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Thank you for feedback regarding 8 TB+ plans. This is what we need!

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Who needs 8 TB ? What you do with that ? :3

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited November 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Storing Linux isos

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @MuZo said:

I would like to get one @time4vps what will be the price

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Backups

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

There are people here looking for 80 TB servers and you are still stuck at 8?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

So much for your backup strategy.

@Junkless said:

Seriously, I haven't ever thought that there would be any need of 80 TB :P Umm, Yes, those who have big big things, may need this :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Seriously, I haven't ever thought that there would be any need of 80 TB :P Umm, Yes, those who have big big things, may need this

Not sure wat you meant by this. Dont we have kids here ?

• @joodle said:
    Seems like i gotta signup again for time4vps

Sounds like a plan. While I was hesitant at first (mostly because of the insanely low price) I'm actually very happy with my server there, but also with their integrated control panel and their service.

@Junkless said:

:P I meant something -18 not 18+ :P Pardon Me for misunderstanding :P

@mpkossen said:
    Sounds like a plan. While I was hesitant at first (mostly because of the insanely low price) I'm actually very happy with my server there, but also with their integrated control panel and their service.

Still sometimes I doubt, how these things are sustainable :3 Haven't found any way yet !

• RolterRolter Member
    edited November 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Storage , backup , a backup node with degraded performance ..their are a lot of use cases for such servers , just like any server.

@mpkossen said:
    I'm actually very happy with my server there, but also with their integrated control panel and their service.

I hope they maintain the reputation they have made here , their service has been stable for me so far.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Who needs 8 TB ? What you do with that ? :3

mhm.

• since I'm here I'm gonna ask why prebuilt servers are much cheaper than custom ones?

• sandro said: since I'm here I'm gonna ask why prebuilt servers are much cheaper than custom ones?

They are not, unless you buy very high QTY (like 250+). It is however easier to match them, 1U cases and PSUs (especially redundant), heatsinks etc. are not really cheap. On 3U+ you can use "normal" hardware and cut the pricing extremely.

• @William said:

Sorry I was referring to their plans.

• 8TB storage for $7/month or gtfo

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited November 2015

@time4vps said:
    Thank you for feedback regarding 8 TB+ plans. This is what we need!

I for one would buy this.

@Junkless said:

I am willing to pay no more than 2533(ZWD) for an 80TB server.

Hello,

Thank you! We will consider larger storage plans in the future.

Nekki said: 8TB storage for $7/month or gtfo

Ou Nekki... Do you have provider who actually pays you to use their services?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@time4vps Is this a new facility that you have fitted out for your own purposes?

• @time4vps said:
    Do you have provider who actually pays you to use their services?

Yes I heard that @Nekki has been taking bribes. Lol

• Any plans of raising the IOPS limit. I find the current limit 100 a bit restrictive. Would love to see the old limits come back :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

sandro said: since I'm here I'm gonna ask why prebuilt servers are much cheaper than custom ones?

Because for prebuilt packages, you can more often assume that the customer will not use all the allocated resources. For example: only a bit of CPU and 40 % of the disk space, or the opposite.

In custom packages, the customer is directly asking for the needed resources: if he specifically requests four cores, it's more likely that he will really use them than if they just come bundled with the package.

iamm said: Any plans of raising the IOPS limit. I find the current limit 100 a bit restrictive. Would love to see the old limits come back :)

Considering the pricing, I would say that 100 IOPS is very fair.

iamm said: Would love to see the old limits come back :)

This included in our step 3 tasks.

Thanked by 3alaningus iamm Frecyboy
  • Really looking forward to your KVM offers, to bad it still has no ETA. :)
    I have to move some of my services in the nearer future...

• Yeah ETA and pricing for your KVM offers would be nice. Do you plan to offer storage KVMs too?

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

I would like to see an affordable annually tiny storage KVM plan, something like 256/384MB RAM, 50/70GB RAID-protected disk and 250GB BW. Good luck with migration in your own DC!

Thanked by 1time4vps