Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi or abuseable VPS with graphics card - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi or abuseable VPS with graphics card

2»

Comments

• lybxlpsv said: how do you access the server? if VNC, the vnc server must support libGL Extension. (try fedora if you're lazy, I mostly use fedora for 3d on VNC because it just werks.) or x11vnc to remote the main display as it has OpenGL.

NX, which supports OpenGL. It has issue around direct rendering, but that would only result in performance issues, not a failure to install and configure the GPU drivers.

yomero said: No idea exactly about your budget for this, but what about renting some EC2 GPU spot instances? Sometimes the price for some of these is really cheap, and since you need this a few hours a day, that may work for you.

Maybe depending on your workload, your processing will be even faster than using integrated graphics, because they use more powerful cards.

IF I can get this working I'll cancel some other servers and migrate their work to this i3, so it's probably more cost-efficient than EX2 CPU instances in the long run, and more convenient. Don't need any real power as I'm not doing anything particularly complex.