Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iniz Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iniz Review

MunMun Member
edited November 2015 in Reviews

A few months ago there was this lengthy post stating Iniz is a terrible company and to stay away. I spent a few hours arguing that I didn't feel that they deserved this "Stay well away if you value your sanity.".

In the end nothing got anywhere with the thread, and eventually Iniz got the servers back up and running. However, on the 9th of November the LA KVM server I was on had a freak out and the server hung during a routine update. (ohh noes)

Hello Xxxxx Xxxxx,

We're currently experiencing issues with the LAKVM1 and are awaiting DC technician to take a look further physically.

We appreciate your patience whislt we look to resolve this, updates will follow as we have them.

Regards,
INIZ Management.

I was promptly notified with an email above that they were investigating though I also put a ticket in which they responded the same info.

A few hours later I received this update:

Hello Xxxx Xxxx,

We apologise for the issues caused during the past 12 hours, we are still working on resolving the issue. We are working on recovering (backing up) your image and at the same time, setting up a new node for images to be moved to and client VMs brought back online. Due to the large size of each image this may take some time and we ask for your patience once again.

Thank You,
INIZ Management

Woot, they are working on fixing the issue and setting up a new server to replace it.

The day goes into the next and a few more emails.

Hello Xxxxx Xxxxx,

We have some good and bad news, it appears the volume where the KVM images are stored have not had any sort of data loss. We will continue to backup/compress your VM image, this will take some time due to a lot of VMs and the sizes ranging from 25GB to 250GB.

If you do not need any backups, we can setup a new VM for you with your old IP. We're preparing the new node now which should be ready within the hour.

Thank you for your patience once again.

and ...

Hello Xxxx Xxxxx,

The new node is up and running, we have tested a copy of our test VM from the corrupted node and see all data intact and image perfectly working. We will now proceed on to decompressing and starting your KVM machines. This will likewise take some time as all the image data, varying from 25GB-250GB will need to be decompressed.

Thank you once again for your patience.

Regards,
INIZ Management.

and ...

Hello Xxxx Xxxxx,

All VMs should now be up, please check over VNC if you are required to do a FSCK or need to enter your encryption password to login. We will be issuing a months extension to all VMs within 48 hours, if you have a open invoice, please don't ignore it and contact us so it can be voided and service extended.

If you have any issues please submit a ticket to [email protected].

Regards,
INIZ Management.

All in all, I am very happy with their performance. I know that catastrophic failures due happen, and by far the response was quick and efficient. They communicated well, and I think they learned a lesson from the previous failure(s). In the end my vps was down for a couple dozen hours but came back up needing only a fsck. After that it worked perfectly fine and with zero data loss. (Though I do stress people, have backups!)

Enjoy!

Comments

• another cess pit?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    another cess pit?

How is this a cess pit?

• I'm glad to hear this. I have 3 servers with Iniz and have been happy with them for years. I didn't like the idea if having to find replacements.

• @Mun said:

Should really put review in the title Mun..

• @ATHK said:
    Should really put review in the title Mun..

Better?

• @Mun said:

• $ uptime
    00:04:29 up 252 days, 23:13, 1 user, load average: 1.36, 0.92, 0.39

The last reboot caused by me, even though the node I'm on is very stable from the beginning, but I don't feel confident after Patrick sold his company to some random guy.

• Well, after a year and 2 months with them I can't say that I'm totally dissatisfied, considering the price I paid for my 5GB OpenVZ.IO VPS, but in the last couple of months my Iniz VPS in NL has had a few incidents with unexpected downtime.

Since September 1st Pingdom registered 2h39m of downtime. That's still 99.85% uptime, but it causes issues nonetheless...

• I've guess I've had pretty good luck with my LA KVM

[root@ca2 ~]# uptime
     08:47:48 up 508 days, 17:28,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00