Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net OS install
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net OS install

Hi guys, I'd been an owner of a few dedis from online last year. Installing the OS ( in much lower speced boxes) went smoothly back then. Now 2 hours pass by and nothing happens.

I've already lost 2 days.

Anyone else has faced this?

Comments

• Tried yet once again and that crap finally got installed.

• Please do keep us updated, I'm on the edge of my seat.

• If you would have read you would not even have needed to be sarcastic in a non necessary manner.
    That's why I had been willing to have a functionality to block trolls from my sight.

• Did you try to contact their support?

• I've encountered this issue on a few of my limited editions from this year while trying to do Debian 8. It's odd, they refuse to install from the control panel but, if you use the iLo to mount an external .iso and just do it manually it works fine.

Thank god online.net don't charge THIRTY FREAKING DOLLARS for a day's KVM access. It's bloody stupid frankly because you could easily rent the cheapest server for two months and just set up an internal kvm "server" using rdp on that machine.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • I came across that phenomenon several times when trying to install Debian 7. There must be some nasty bug in their provisioning system. In the meantime, however, I simply restart the process if it does not seem to progress within 40-60mins. It normally works just fine then. Strange thing.

• @comXyz said:
    Did you try to contact their support?

Yup

• Sorry to bump a necro post but I have a tad less than 10 boxes with them and man it's a real PITA to have to go through this process ( reinstalling). Havign a successful install is completely random.. I mean 1 of 5 go wrong at least...

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Hi guys, I'd been an owner of a few dedis from online last year. Installing the OS ( in much lower speced boxes) went smoothly back then. Now 2 hours pass by and nothing happens.

I've already lost 2 days.

Anyone else has faced this?

Try check your HDD, maybe got some bad sector

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • I've had a similar experience last time I messed with online's reinstalls. I tried to wipe debian jessie for debian wheezy, but wheezy became offline soon after the installation system indicated a success. See http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/64532/java-vnc-viewer-and-kvm-for-an-offline-server

• Don't hesitate to open a ticket if you have any issue with the installation of your server. We will solve it :)

Thanked by 2erkin vRozenSch00n
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2015

bene_online said: Don't hesitate to open a ticket if you have any issue with the installation of your server. We will solve it :)

You will drown in tickets if everyone with installation issues opens one. How about fixing the underlying problem instead? It's not new, as we both know... ;-)

• @Amitz said:

That's what I'd been looking for. A real solution not just manual installs by them