Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a api to send bulk sms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a api to send bulk sms

Hello Let ,

we are working in a platform to send cheap sms worldline , so i need from you guys all company ho offer api for sending sms.

Many thanks

Comments

• @ToggledNS thanks i use yet www.twilio.com and clickatel ,,,, others ?

• Twilio

Nexmo

Plivo

Be sure your SMS platform name ends with 'o'. It seems to be a requirement.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Been using https://www.clockworksms.com since 2 years ago. Never had any issues with them.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited November 2015

mandrill?

• Why are you paying to send SMS? Basically every carrier out there uses SIP URIs which double as emailable addresses to send and receive SMS.

For example, you can email any of the addresses below and it'll be delivered as a SMS. MMS works too if you use each carriers published MMS gateway. The hard part is looking up what carrier the customer is on, you can do a CNAM lookup, or use EveryoneAPI or something like that, or you can just rely on public phone number allocation records (if you want to cheap out), but it may mean that you can't deliver texts to ported numbers.

AT&T – [email protected]
    Verizon – [email protected]
    T-Mobile – [email protected]
    Sprint PCS - [email protected]
    Virgin Mobile – [email protected]
    US Cellular – [email protected]
    Boost - [email protected]

Thanked by 2deadbeef Ole_Juul
  • @800calls
    That's interesting! What format is required for 'cellnumber'? I tried it with +CountryCodeCellnumber, but that did not work...

• @Amitz Just put in the cell number, all these are national or regional providers, so country code isn't needed. Note that the SMS gateways I listed are USA carriers, T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile in other countries has other SMS gateways.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited November 2015

Why are you paying to send SMS? Basically every carrier out there uses SIP URIs which double as emailable addresses to send and receive SMS.

It's nice to see how the Americans think that the world works exactly like in the US.
    To my knowledge very few cell providers in EU do email to SMS.

In Sweden email to SMS was closed down in the end of the 90s.

• @tomle Do a lookup with EveryoneAPI or another CNAM database that shows SMS Carrier info. Every carrier has to have a SMS and MMS gateway for SMS/MMS to work with other carriers, and tons of applications rely on SMS/MMS gateways.

Xora and Telenav both have dispatch systems that are used all over Europe, Asia and North America, and they all use these gateways. Providers in Sweden may not advertise their gateways, but you can be sure they are there and working, or else SMS wouldn't work.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

@800calls said:
    tomle Do a lookup with EveryoneAPI or another CNAM database that shows SMS Carrier info. Every carrier has to have a SMS and MMS gateway for SMS/MMS to work with other carriers, and tons of applications rely on SMS/MMS gateways.

Xora and Telenav both have dispatch systems that are used all over Europe, Asia and North America, and they all use these gateways. Providers in Sweden may not advertise their gateways, but you can be sure they are there and working, or else SMS wouldn't work.

Sure, but they are not available to end users. So if I want to send SMS to users in Sweden I can't just go out and send an email and expect it to reach the user as an SMS. And that is what this thread is about.

• 800calls800calls Member
    edited November 2015

SMS/MMS gateways are definitely available to end users, but the provider may not make them easy to find. Once found you can send an email and have it arrive as an SMS (or MMS if you use a MMS gateway address).

Edit: Here is a list with providers from all over, I even see one from Sweden. All are verified working, note that this list isn't comprehensive of course.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • In Sri Lanka, all providers has dropped their email2sms support a while back. We're using our own hardware platform to deliver SMS. (Arduino based system, easy to setup)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

https://www.clickatell.com/ is good too. We use it and I can recommend it.

• cociucociu Member
    edited November 2015

@Clouvider thanks , i used now clickatel but need some more options because we need to set a campain of 10 000 000 sms

the problem is i want to find many api to select for each country the most cheap sms

• Uhh, unsolicited SMS campaigns like that can get you and your upstream carrier (Clickatel, Twilio, etc) in significant trouble, especially if your sending 10,000,000 SMS. I know most cellular companies would pursue remediation for spam like that.

• @sdglhm They may have changed the SMS gateway URL, but I highly doubt that a wireless carrier would completely disable their SMS gateway, if they did, business and government customers would get extremely angry (and cancel service en masse), as they are the prime users of SMS gateways.

• 800calls said: They may have changed the SMS gateway URL, but I highly doubt that a wireless carrier would completely disable their SMS gateway

Yes. Also there are some f**king things like this. Eg: Dialog provides email2sms facility. If you need to send someone an SMS via email, we can use [email protected] email. But in order to receive the email. Receiver needs to activate some package called Pocket office. (3LKR/day)

• I'd recommend Nexmo as I've been using them for a long time with no problems at all.

• 800calls said: They may have changed the SMS gateway URL, but I highly doubt that a wireless carrier would completely disable their SMS gateway

You seem to have no idea how SMS works. Yes, all providers have gateways to exchange traffic. They are not required to make them generally available (for free or otherwise) by email or any other means in order for SMS to be possible.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • cociu said: we need to set a campain of 10 000 000 sms

Wow, you guys are into mass sms spamming?

• 2bb3 said: Wow, you guys are into mass sms spamming?

we put the platform for a big client. so i dont thinck you can call us sammers

• @800calls said:
    sdglhm They may have changed the SMS gateway URL, but I highly doubt that a wireless carrier would completely disable their SMS gateway, if they did, business and government customers would get extremely angry (and cancel service en masse), as they are the prime users of SMS gateways.

Three and Virgin Media in the UK don't have a free or paid email gateway last time I asked, but they do have commercial products for mass marketing but I don't think it's suitable here

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

800calls said: Edit: Here is a list with providers from all over, I even see one from Sweden. All are verified working, note that this list isn't comprehensive of course.

This list is ancient. Dutchtone/Orange haven't existed for probably a decade? It's missing a lot of Dutch providers as well.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@cociu said:
    we put the platform for a big client. so i dont thinck you can call us sammers

Spam-enablers?

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • 800calls said: Why are you paying to send SMS? Basically every carrier out there uses SIP URIs which double as emailable addresses to send and receive SMS.

In US, maybe. In EU/Asia this is very rare.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @sdglhm Ah, yeah, AT&T always tried to push Business Messaging when configuring anything that used their SMS gateways, it gave you priority on AT&T's towers in crowded/overloaded situation (which did seem to work), and allowed you to go beyond 160 chars (which I never found to be useful).

@tehdan said:
    Yes, all providers have gateways to exchange traffic. They are not required to make them generally available (for free or otherwise) by email

Providers aren't required to make their SMS gateways accessible, but if they don't they'll have to whitelist every little rinky dink CLEC, MVNO, SMS provider, and wireless provider. There are still people boarded on "Blue" (OG AT&T) and "Orange" (OG Cingular) on AT&T, and Sprint still has customers that have SMS addresses with Nextel SMSC addresses. Nearly every wireless carrier has at least a half dozen or more SMS gateways from mergers and acquisitions, hence why I recommended just doing a lookup via any one of the many databases that'll tell you the SMS and MMS URIs.

@cociu, have the users your texting asked to receive the texts?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2015

800calls said: and allowed you to go beyond 160 chars (which I never found to be useful)

In a single message? My old Nokias did not accept that, they only did show a part then - probably why no one ever used that feature.

• @William said:
    In a single message? My old Nokias did not accept that, they only did show a part then - probably why no one ever used that feature.

Eh, messages over 160 chars definitely worked on the $0.99 Sonim XP1520's and low end Rugby Pros that were super popular with businesses, but if you want that just use MMS. The only real reason to pay the $3/month premium for it was priority on the tower, so when your at a sports game with 20K other people, your texting will work reliably (or at least better).

@William said:
    Not really relevant, SMS spamming is grey area in Europe - Not exactly illegal but not exactly legal either.

Huh, I know Sprint and Verizon always used to get pissy about it, to the point of subpoenaing the sender who blasted out a ton of unsolicited texts. They viewed it like robocalling cellphones, which isn't something they encourage here.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@800calls said:
    but if they don't they'll have to whitelist every little rinky dink CLEC, MVNO, SMS provider, and wireless provider

Yup, that's how they do it. Where you're seeing whitelist related headaches, telcos see the chance to make profit.

This discussion has been closed.