Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM Issue

PhilNDPhilND Member
edited October 2012 in Help

Anyone ever seen this before with SolusVM?

http://uploaddirect.co.uk/i/483677eb61c54a22850c61628a25d5dcud.png

That is the load averages of a VPS, it also matches the result of "uptime" and had taken the load on the main node to ~12

Comments

• Sounds like an issue with the VPS not solus due to it increasing the server load.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I've seen this once before an year ago.. I am pretty sure the issue was on my node, however can't really remember what was wrong exactly. I'd try rebooting it cleanly and see if this occurs. Are you running the lates kernels as well?

• I think it is a kernel panic.
    as @Alex_LiquidHost says,just reboot the VPS and see if this occurs.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2012

Unlikely to be kernel panic. Usually OVZ panics and becomes completly unresponsive. Any errors spit in the logs? @PhilND

• Might be badly coded scripts on the VPS, Doesn't really look like a Solusvm Issue.

• @MonsteR said: Might be badly coded scripts on the VPS, Doesn't really look like a Solusvm Issue.

This +1

• Might be that the script that measures the load average is grabbing the wrong information from a show command.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@PhilND said: it also matches the result of "uptime"

The "uptime" command is not a SolusVM command, but I really hope you knew that already and just incorrectly classified a VPS issue as a control panel issue.

• I've seen it before.

rawr

• @SimpleNode Did it effect the load on the hardware node?

• @PhilND Nope, the load of the node itself was <2. However, running the uptime command in the VPS also showed the high load.

loadface.jpg

A quick reboot of the VPS fixed the problem, however I still have no idea how it happened.

• @SimpleNode said: A quick reboot of the VPS fixed the problem, however I still have no idea how it happened.

Did you not run top (facepalm)

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited October 2012

@Spencer No, I did not. I ran htop :P

rawr

• Also, this.

lele