Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spammed By LimestoneNetworks - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spammed By LimestoneNetworks

Comments

• Why do they need to escalate this. People complain to companies all the time, it's no big deal. It's how a company deal with complaints that matters.

• This thread is now on page 2 of Google when searching for "LimestoneNetworks"

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: This thread is now on page 2 of Google when searching for "LimestoneNetworks"

they are screwed i guess?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: This thread is now on page 2 of Google when searching for "LimestoneNetworks"

Right next to LEB post. Google loves LEB/LET

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Randy, this was not what I wanted at all. Really the whole thread started as a okay i got spammed by this huge datacenter. Then they went off the handle. Never meant to cause any damage to there business. I did get an apology but only a half hearted one. They never directly apologized for threatening legal action, or trying to bully me and LET.

Its just because of Google cookies, it appears for you but if you set to in-private browsing of IE, it won't be.

• i understand, @24khost. you did nothing wrong. don't worry about it

• i understand, @24khost. you did nothing wrong. don't worry about it

• @Randy double post dude

My story got the featured tag at WHT
    [FEATURED] Limestone DMCA Threat After Spamming Me!

• LOL. good luck LSN ......

• LOL. good luck LSN ......

• @GIANT_CRAB said: Its just because of Google cookies, it appears for you but if you set to in-private browsing of IE, it won't be.

In private mode it's also on the 2nd page, together with the LEB post.

• @Randy you keep double posting

• apologies. its lagging

• @Randy: remember to just press once, same as when you're making payments etc :)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Absolutely in kinks with this, nice work guys, LSN have pretty much been demolished by their exaggeration, this could of been handled much more professionally.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @Randy said: LOL. god suck LSN ......

:)

• Lots and lots of companies do targetted email soliciting. I don't really like it, but I also don't think that posting about it a forum will change it.

What this post did was create additional work for people, and not only people at limestonenetworks.

I would've tagged it as spam and moved on.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I do that, however, this is not about the spam per se, tho it started that way, it became about DMCA and it's abuse.
    That is certainly a fight worth fighting.
    M

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

If LSN feel apology for this all then give him another chance and remove this thread.

Daily everyone receive too many spam emails in spam box so why need to make this biggest issue?

(my personal thoughts, don't beat me.)

edited October 2012

@Jack said: I highly doubt that >this thread will be removed.

Did you read this: (my personal thoughts, don't beat me.)

edited October 2012

@Jack said: I highly doubt that this thread will be removed.

Even if they apologize openly towards chief and the team, that does not mean everyone here should be gagged.
    It will stay.
    M

P S

@DewlanceVPS said: Did you read this: (my personal thoughts, don't beat me.)

I fail to see how his reply can be considered "beating", not even in a figurative way of speaking. he simply said he thinks it will stay.

@Maounique said: I fail to see how his reply can be considered "beating", not even in > a figurative way of speaking. he simply said he thinks it will stay.

"Personal thoughts"

• @Maounique said: I do that, however, this is not about the spam per se, tho it started that way, it became about DMCA and it's abuse.

That is certainly a fight worth fighting.

Yes, but the DCMA, the fight etc., escalated from the original judgement that the message was spam.

Was the message spam? If UCE is spam, then yes. But it was one message, not an inbox full. It was a targeted offer, not a blind mailing.from this thread The fallout has created extra work for people. Is it really worth it? Is it really worth creating "fights" over a single email message? You say yes, I say no. C'est la vie :)

Thanked by 1NickM
  • @sleddog it started out as a question as to why a large company would skim my email address from this forum, to market this way. Then they went overboard.

Thanked by 1Liam

@sleddog We agree actually. You say it might not have been spam and I am not 100% sure also, but the ensuing fight was a correct reaction to that BS with the DMCA.
    If LSN came here and said, hey, that is not spam because.. There would have been ppl agreeing (tho, probably less than those that consider it spam) and the discussion was about spam in general.
    Going over the forum staff directly to the host and ask to remove their customer because it publishes some "confidential" offer sent to hundreds of ppl probably claiming they hold a copyright on it, then that is so hilarious that some ppl might miss the point, and that is DMCA is so abused these days and threats can make ppl cringe and even back down.
    "Creating" fights is not a thing to be ashamed of, or feel like wasting time with it, the whole idea of "don't rock the boat" is counterproductive in a society, as well as the "why bother" one.
    Democracy and freedom of expression are essential parts of the ppl's life, without them everything will suffer directly or indirectly, they are worth some collateral damage such as IP rights holders, creativity is very well rewarded today, even if you do it for free, you wont die of hunger.
    M

• @maounique, I admire your writing and your thoughts. But to my way of thinking, this entire issue is a non-issue. The original email sent by LSN did not endanger democracy, freedom or human rights. Turning it into that is (IMO) creating a tempest in a teapot. I fully agree with fighting for a cause, when the cause is just, but in this case the "cause" is at best marginal. There are much more worthly battles out there :)

edited October 2012

@sleddog said: @maounique, I admire your writing and your thoughts. But to my way of thinking, this entire issue about spam is a non-issue.

I agree with it fixed like that :).
    But the storm in the teapot was created by LSN that considered the OP issue serious enough to warrant the atomic bomb, nuking LET with a DMCA.
    Nobody here considered the spam issue a matter of life and death, even the OP was feeling flattered they were considering his company and the rest slightly amused at most, but what followed stunned everyone.
    It immediately became something else.
    M

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited October 2012

I don't understand the uproar. You've never been contacting by companies trying to provide solutions that can benefit your business? Its not like they called your home and woke up your wife at 4AM to sell you celeron based servers with dial-up speeds.

Thanked by 2NickM tux
  • LSN is still a great company, regardless of this crap.

So meh.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer