Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has Scaleway just gone splat?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has Scaleway just gone splat?

dragon2611dragon2611 Member
edited November 2015 in Providers

Has Scaleway just gone splat or is that just me.

Instance is up in the control panel, seems to respond to console but the IP has seemingly died.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Can you post the traceroute ?

• Yeah, my instance is down too

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2015

Mine was also down again, seems like Scaleway got unstable since the last weeks.....

Even my RunAbove cloud alpha has bettter uptime.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited November 2015

Scaleway is scam? :P

Kidechire is running fine, seems to be only their Scaleway infrastructure.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited November 2015

@Infinity580 said:
    Mine was also down again, seems like Scaleway got unstable since the last weeks.....

Even my RunAbove cloud alpha has bettter uptime.

Looking at their current tasks, their is nothing yet to say they have an outage, but an ongoing tasks to improve the Scaleway backbone.

https://status.online.net/index.php?do=details&task_id=435

• I'd prefer ovh. It is more stable and connectivity is better.

Thanked by 1miklos
  • @Clouvider said:
    Can you post the traceroute ?

Sorry didn't think to do that, although I did test from 3 different ISP's so figured either networking had died on my instance (and not recovered with a reboot) or they'd broken something.

Looks like it was the latter.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

dragon2611 said: they'd broken something.

Posting the traceroute, or an MTR to their support would surely help them solve the issue, if it's partial especially :-).

" this shouldn't have any impact." and its still open.

• @Infinity580 said:

Didn't mean it would cause the problem, was more the fact their improving the network on scaleway as their obviously aware it's not performing well with the load.

• I chucked mine out last month kept locking up and really slow back to the states.

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited November 2015

@Clouvider said:
    Posting the traceroute, or an MTR to their support would surely help them solve the issue, if
    it's partial especially :-).

Yep probably and if they'd asked for one I'd have happily provided it, but I asked them if they knew of any issues and the replied stating there were aware of a problem and were working on it.

Edit:

Also I'm not sure how far a traceroute would get into the network with Scaleway because it would depend at which point it hits the NAT device.

• Got a answer:

Hello,

we had a network issue at 12:00 A.M. during few minutes.
    Issue fixed now.

• They have network issues all the time, I'll move my stuff that I have there, 99.71% uptime for the last 30 days.

• cassacassa Member
    edited November 2015

Nvm

• We happen to be testing Scaleway at vpsbenchmarks.com this week. There was indeed a dip in traffic between 11:00 and 12am UTC this morning. Not very significant though. http://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/metrics?length=3600&live=true&trial_id=97

Thanked by 1tommy
  • yes I too faced minor downtime yesterday

• philvpsb said: We happen to be testing Scaleway at vpsbenchmarks.com this week.

LOL

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Anyone else noticed a general lack in speed from Online.net networks? Back to the UK and to my OVH its pathetic. Under 1.5 MB/s and under 100 Mbps. The one of to my house is on a 152 Mbps connection which my OVH maxes. Messaged "support" if you can call it that. Got a "its your end not ours" response. Promptly terminated my Scaleway and Online.net server.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hawc said:
    Anyone else noticed a general lack in speed from Online.net networks? Back to the UK and to my OVH its pathetic. Under 1.5 MB/s and under 100 Mbps. The one of to my house is on a 152 Mbps connection which my OVH maxes. Messaged "support" if you can call it that. Got a "its your end not ours" response. Promptly terminated my Scaleway and Online.net server.

I get no less than 100mbit from them all the way to Texas. Pretty good distance. Seems solid to me.

• Jar said: I get no less than 100mbit from them all the way to Texas. Pretty good distance. Seems solid to me.

Online's network is fine, I did some iperf tests to them a few weeks back I think I was getting 6Gbps from New York and Atlanta.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Jar said:
    I get no less than 100mbit from them all the way to Texas. Pretty good distance. Seems solid to me.

He did say UK, different route right? You'd expect Europe to be faster since they're a bit closer to France than the US ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

ATHK said: You'd expect Europe to be faster since they're a bit closer to France than the US

Aye, that would be my expectation if there's nothing wrong with the user's ISP. Granted, all possibilities still on the table, just again seems odd to me their network would be incapable of making it that far at speeds a bit higher than that.

Thanked by 2ATHK deadbeef
  • The OVH uplinks are almost full check their weathermap usually in red at 90%. The pipe lines are only 4x10Gbit and are almost full with 2 of them currently above 95% usage

https://status.online.net/weathermap/

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • I would love to hear more feedback of US-residents concerning the network speed of online.net throughout the USA. 50% of the visitors of one of my sites come from there (other 50% from EU) and I would love to know that they experience decent speeds.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    The OVH uplinks are almost full check their weathermap usually in red at 90%. The pipe lines are only 4x10Gbit and are almost full with 2 of them currently above 95% usage

Seedboxes. Sigh.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    The OVH uplinks are almost full check their weathermap usually in red at 90%. The pipe lines are only 4x10Gbit and are almost full with 2 of them currently above 95% usage

https://status.online.net/weathermap/

And that's why this is on the todo list @ online.net: https://status.online.net/index.php?do=details&task_id=419

Thanked by 1Hybrid

And its Down again.... wonderfull.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Glad I totally left the Online.net network then, and am not looking back.