Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is 1 vcore and 1024MB enough?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is 1 vcore and 1024MB enough?

Hi everyone!

is a VPS with 1 vcore (1.9 GHz) and 1GB of RAM enough to host:

• a Private forum with 10 users Can I also host Rapid Leech script and a nzb client with web interface in such a setup?

Thanks

Comments

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited November 2015

@samuli said:
    Hi everyone!

is a VPS with 1 vcore (1.9 GHz) and 1GB of RAM enough to host:

• a Private forum with 10 users Can I also host Rapid Leech script and a nzb client with web interface in such a setup?

Thanks

IO also matters. choose SSD.

• Go with scaleway if your vps costs more than https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/

• Should be more then enough agreed with Sandwich about the disks to.

• thank you very mutch

but would be a HDD also fine?

and which web server config can you also recommend

• @samuli said:
    thank you very mutch

but would be a HDD also fine?

and which web server config can you also recommend

Shared Hosting can handle for 200+ users with only 512mb of ram but with SSD so i advise just to pick an SSD instead of HDD.

• How much are you paying for this?

• well SSD is unfortunately not an option cause i need at least 150GB HDD space.

the only thing I could do is to Contact hoster and increasing the RAM

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2015

For a private forum with so few users, a 1GB ram vps is fine, even without SSD. People here tend to suggest specs according with their perspective of technology usage (i.e. use always the latest trends in business) but, usually, using a Ferrari just to go to the local market is way too much.
    HDD will do fine job, think of an upgrade if your forum will get really popular. Just tune your other software (newsnet downloader etc.) not to eat all i/o resources.

• jvnadr said: Just tune your other software (newsnet downloader etc.) not to eat all i/o resources.

This.

It depends how heavy your use is. The software in itself won't use too much ressources, it's up to you. Try and see how it reacts.