Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spammed By LimestoneNetworks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spammed By LimestoneNetworks

24khost24khost Member
edited October 2012 in General

Hi Jonothon,

I want to start off thanking you for putting your efforts into 24khost.com . I have been reaching out to websites like your own who are driven by better serving others and have the potential to grow. My name is Richard Payne and I am in business development with Limestone Networks. We are a dedicated server provider out of Dallas, Texas. I was wondering if I could have a few moments of your time via email, to communicate what Limestone Networks can do for you, as well as provide you with a few custom quotes for our dedicated servers if desired. I look forward to hearing from you.

P.S.- At this current point I will be able to quote you with some extremely great prices

I feel special, spammed by a large company.

Comments

• we've had this before as well.

• @Liam good point! I just couldn't believe that I got this email. As Yoda would say -> Struggling to get new customers are they?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited October 2012

@24khost said: The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the intended use of the addressee only. Any disclosure, use or copying of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Anyway, we'd get this every few months also. You'd think they would get the hint...

Thanked by 2eastonch ihatetonyy
  • @Damian Problem is they violated my rights by sending me the spam in the first place as I didn't request it. So by me not agreeing to recieve this spam, and I didn't agree to these rules before I recieved it. I believe I have done nothing wrong.

Thanked by 2Liam Maounique
  • @24khost: Indeed. You should respond to their email, soliciting your own services.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

LOL send to [email protected] and see what is their reply.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

A link to this thread wont hurt in his inbox.
    M

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited October 2012

So Richard wrote to me after he saw this post.

Hi Jonothon,

The email is not spam. I am not trying to spam any website, but to help them with better prices and a rock-solid network.

I responded With a carbon copy to [email protected] but was returned unknown user.

fixed the address i think should be [email protected] here is what i returned to him.

Richard Payne,

This was unsolicited, intern making it spam. I have not, been a customer, have not signed up to recieve solicitations from you. Please do not contact me further.

This email is also being forwarded to [email protected] on his/her views as to this type of marketing.

Sincerly,

Jonothon Wright

24khost.com

Thanked by 1Liam
  • By the way do you guys find what I have done in this post out of line?

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited October 2012

This part makes me cringe:

"P.S.- At this current point I will be able to quote you with some extremely great prices"

Not only are they offering their services and custom quotes and one to one talking with their Business guy, but they're tempting you with a "PS"? Must be a rought time for LSN.

@24KHost I find that with you posting the entire e-mail is breaking their little "privacy" statement at the bottom, but you've done no harm, you could of given us the jist; they may kick up a fuss :). Can't beleive this sort of crap happens.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @24khost said: By the way do you guys find what I have done in this post out of line?

Not really... Everything you've done at this point seem reasonable.

Thanked by 2eastonch Randy
  • @eastonch. I mean really they can't get down to the prices I get. I am pretty sure of it. But if I wanted a quote I would have asked for it. Just kinda floored me and i thought you guys would enjoy it.

• @Liam, mind posting it on a img sharing site? College doesnt like Facebook ;)

• @Liam I second that.

• @24khost Yeah; when I look at dedi's I go to providers I've been with before, I don't wait for them to contact me; and I certainly don't go for deals like this.

• @eastonch

image Hope your college likes imageshack!

Supposedly, this is the ceo with his girlfriend at a park? Seems like so much fun!

• ohhh, so that's where monthly rent goes? Haha, cool!

• Haha, just a quick question, why would the ceo of a company have a picture of his friends/girlfriend at a fair on their business facebook page? Company seems legit!!

• That's a good point, that was posted on their wall? Seems bad..

The only thing to this recreational fun that would make the company look better in any respect, is possibly group photos of all the techies at six flags or some other US theme park ^^, then a screenshot of the ticket system blowing up during their outing :)!

• Company outing?

• So i had to edit the first post. As Kris said there could be legal ramifications if i didn't. Not that I am really worried as they would be in violation of the canned spam act. Regardless they are removing me from there marketing list. So this is kinda funny.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited October 2012

@24khost said: could be legal ramifications if i didn't.

I'm pretty sure you would have won.. I don't recall a United States court case where the soliciting party won. Other countries may not be the same.

@Liam said: What is he doing to make up for it? Did he apologise?

+1 for that. Did they offer anything at all? Or just threaten with legal action? If their default action is to threaten with legal action, might be a company to stay away from.

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited October 2012

@24khost I wonder how long it is before you end back up on that list.

Curious about the legal rammifications; how can they send you a agreement that you're automatically agreeing too, without any preior knowledge? Seems fishy.

@Liam I'm interested in this too.

@Damian -- An outing and images would be great to post, but not pictures of him and his fiance / gf / wife or "partner" queing up for a ride. :)

• Hi Kris,

My name is Jonothon Wright, not Richard. I see that you are the Director of Support, I figured you could send this on to his supervisor.

As to the legal threat located in your last email. This email from your company may have the DMCA language in it. That would be a hard case to win, as it was a unsolicited marketing email.

I don't want to get into a debate about this I have removed the original message and shortened it.I appreciate that you have responded but please if you can send this further up the chain I would appreciate it.

Jonothon Wright

24khost

• LSN is a good company, but this is not acceptable

• oh my lord. I have been forwarded to the legal department now. @Cheif You will be receiving a dmca take down notice for the email portion I have posted.

• @Damian said: might be definately a company to stay away from.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • Agreed!

• Yikes... A little on the scary side :(

• @24khost you should edit the title to Limestonenetworks and add the word review somewhere in the first post :)