Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS colocates Raspberry Pi for free? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS colocates Raspberry Pi for free?

2»

Comments

• If you are in the EU there shouldn't be customs involved usually.

• I wonder for how long will endure a usb thumb drive or a sdcard...

• RobertRobert Member
    edited October 2012

@rds100 - that's what I thought, but people have since told me I should have still filled in the little green form. Not sure who's right, but it never arrived. So I'm down one RPi, a 32GB SD and a 32GB USB drive :-(

• @Robert no tracking number or something?

• Nah, I didn't think it was worth it. Never mind! It's been about three months so I don't think it's coming back.

• Well, it if can't be delivered to the recipient for any reason it should be returned to the sender. At least that's how the posts work here.
    Where are you, in which country?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2012

@Liam Austrian post will not talk to him. He can only talk to his own postal service that he used to send the parcel (Royal Mail or whatever). So he should be contacting Royal Mail and ask them to investigate what happened with his parcel (assuming he is in England).

• Yeah, I'm in the UK. I doubt I'd get anywhere with the Royal Mail. They either lost it or delivered it to Austria. Either way, I doubt they can find it. It wasn't sent recorded.

• Austrian post... Wonder what they're like @William :P

Hope the issue with the lost pi is resolved, thinking about buying two and colocating one with Edis :)

• I think I put my return address on it, but it's been months now. I think an Austrian customs guy has a new toy :-)

• @Robert or it's heaped ;)

• I'm sure one way or another it was my fault, so don't let it put anyone off Colo'ing their Pi!

• Still you should ask Royal Mail to investigate. At least they can tell you "it was sent to Austria" or "we misplaced it somewhere". Of course they wouldn't admit it, but still... :)

• Maybe.. But without any tracking information, I'm not sure how they'd know one way or the other.

• If you still have the payment receipt or whatever you got when you sent it and paid for it...

• EDIS just cancelled my RPi colo order because they have not received my RPi yet, honestly the shipping time and the wait time for RPi is a bit ridiculous...

• Yes, we need the IPs... i cancelled some orders that were a few months already.
    But as noted in the Mail you can still simply order again (or in case it is not offered anymore PM me and i make some space).

• @William said: Yes, we need the IPs... i cancelled some orders that were a few months already.

But as noted in the Mail you can still simply order again (or in case it is not offered anymore PM me and i make some space).

I am happy with the great offer EDIS has provided, but I really really really hope they could turn on the RPi production line faster :)

• @William
    You guys should start selling SD Card flashing service with the image provided by the client :D

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@William the IP you gave me, I just put it on the interfaces? removing dhcp and put it static?

• For people in the US: How do you ship to Austria? I checked Fedex and UPS, both cost about $100 lol!

I'm in Mexico and maybe I'll pay for that :(

• @William said: USPS?

This. International Priority Mail's only $16.95 for flat-rate small box.

• Do note: IF we have to pay EU import tax on it we send you an invoice for it.
    (Unlikely, bad happened once already)

• @William - question: I'm in New Zealand and am getting myself a Pi to play with shortly.

If I was interested in colo'ing a second with you, rather than pay postage to have the second one shipped all the way here and then all the way back to you, could I have one shipped directly to you, but prep my bootable SD card here and mail that separately, and have you combine them together when they both arrrive?

• Yes, but make sure we are able to identify the RPi, it also needs to have our company name as shipping address on it.

edited October 2012

@herbyscrub said: Austria? I checked Fedex and UPS, both cost about $100 lol!

Weird, using Fedex in Mexico it will be $45 usd

@William will ship tomorrow. I will add a paper with my email, ok?

• Email from newark.com says my order has been upgraded to a 512MB version of the RPi for free. Expected ship date of November 1st though.