Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats with WHT? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats with WHT?

Comments

• I always love this kind of post :

• We need more information about what you need
      ... Signature spam ...

• Good luck with your finding
      ... Signature spam ...

or

• We are offering bla bla bla
      ... Signature spam ...
      [Thread Locked]
    Thanked by 1Chan
  • @averell said: Thank god that doesn't happen on LET!

I'm just gonna ruin everyone's day by saying, @Randy

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

@Randy said: i heard that most of the mods are 40 - 70 years old?

Some of the mods are older, some are younger. Here 's mix of some of the moderators/admin of different iNET properties (very wide range of people, including myself): http://www.flickr.com/photos/softwarerevue/sets/72157617021049443/

EDIT: Damn, it looks like they took down all of the pictures except 4. Of course they leave up with one of me eating ice cream. Maybe it was because of all of the alcohol intake. LoL.

• what
    the
    hell

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

@Liam yes looks like she is 40 years old

@kujoe which is you?

• @KuJoe, I just needed to vent really. I just can't understand how they think telling someone that they're in thei?re own little "world" is even border-line flaming. But it is what it is right? Making this topic and seeing others that do not like WHT as well, makes me feel extremely satisfied for some reason.

• The WHT crew often behaves like a bunch of damn fascists.

Thanked by 2Randy Nexus
  • edited October 2012

Am I the only one here who likes WHT?

It offers some things LET doesn't, and LET offers things (namely more freedom) that WHT doesn't.

WHT is a much larger community, hence it's moderated more heavily. When/If LET get's over a million posts or over 330,000 registered members, we'll see how much it has changed.

WebHostingTalk is a good free source for business. Best not ruin your reputation there, else you're going to look like an asshat to a very large number of potential clients. I've had a handful of infractions for really minor things, but you need a lot of infractions and a severe case of retardation to unknowingly get banned.

EDIT: And at the OP. $110 is cheap for a unique design. I'd pay $110 for that design, it's not half bad. I couldn't design it, and it's not worth my time trying to hack something together from some bootstrap kit. If you can make a better design, do it. Then sell it on WHT for as much or for as little as you want.

edited October 2012

@Liam said: What do you do for iNet?

I used to do this. As you can see by my last activity I don't do it anymore (although I still get e-mails).

@Randy said: @kujoe which is you?

See:

@KuJoe said: Of course they leave up with one of me eating ice cream.

EDIT: AH HA! I found the rest of the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/softwarerevue/3461110863/in/pool-clubmod/

• @Liam Are you allowed to share stats for LET? Such as number of members, posts, comments?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy in case you are searching in the group picture, it's this one.

@KuJoe the fuck is wrong with your hair?

@AsadHaider said: @Liam Are you allowed to share stats for LET? Such as number of members, posts, comments?

I guess anyone could write a small script that calculates these stats so they aren't really private.

edited October 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: @KuJoe the fuck is wrong with your hair?

I didn't pack any hair gel with me. :(

• @KuJoe said: I used to do this. As you can see by my last activity I don't do it anymore

Is Free WHT part of WHT or they are two independent sites?

• @Liam said: What is bears first name? Gary?

I doubt @kujoe wants to share that...probably that dude's business is going to get a million hate emails if people know who he is, LOL

@zhuanyi said: Is Free WHT part of WHT or they are two independent sites?

2 different websites.

@Liam said: @kujoe What is bears first name? Gary?

No clue. Not all of the WHT staff were there.

• @AsadHaider said: @Liam Are you allowed to share stats for LET? Such as number of members, posts, comments?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/plugin/thankfor/comment/136482?Target=discussion/5308/whats-with-wht/p1

That's the link to the thanks button on your post, assuming posts IDs are incremental we have 136482 posts, 5308 threads (add a few in meanwhile).

Clicking on http://www.lowendtalk.com/activity shows the latest approved member with ID 5404, meaning we have 5404 registered members or about 25 posts per member.

I don't have access to any stats so I could be wrong.

• @kujoe you look cute :)

• well if that template was worth anything near 10$ according to you, then it is definitely worth 100$ in case it is sold to only 1 person.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1199524

http://hostoxy.com

http://themefuse.com/demo/wp/cloudhost/

Verbatim. They even have "So, why CLOUDHOST?" on their plans page.

EDIT: For the record, I am not bashing WHT with this post. Just the host who didn't bother changing the template text on their website.

• @nick_a hmmm, seems hostoxic to me....nice detective work there!

• I can't open WHT now. How about all of you?

• orienorien Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus said: Merely just backing up the original host, I mean why would someone like "servedby" put a company down when he/she hasn't even hosted with them? Shouldn't that post be the one that gets deleted?

Yes, it was deleted. Responses that quote deleted posts are also deleted.

@Nexus said: So in any event, my post got deleted and I received 2 "Infractions" for being "rude".

You didn't receive 2 for being rude.

• @Liam I'm one of the founders, yes, but I don't represent it on WHT.

All of WHT's leaders and moderators (with the exception of Dennis and me) are unpaid volunteers and it's within reason considering WHT's industry that they have been or are involved with a hosting-related company in some way. They do need to make a living :)

I haven't witnessed any conflict of interest in terms of moderation and there certainly isn't any favoritism going on. A few mods choose to put their company in their signature and that's their right as a member.

• ChiefChief Member
    edited October 2012

@Liam said: @Orien Whilst I may not fully agree with you, I understand what you mean and appreciate the response.

It's always good to show appreciation when someone responds.

/embeds signature

• @Chief said: It's always good to show appreciation when someone responds.

/embeds signature

That was pretty clever :)

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

There is a huge difference between being rude and giving constructed criticism.

Someone that randomly talks negatively about a host without even using their services; then the person who calls them out on it get's punished? It's wrong, no matter how much you try to scapegoat around it. The host is irrelevant, it's just stupid behavior and the funny thing is; they don't delete the post that is talking shit about the host but would rather delete the post that exposes the lie? Oh wait, that's how WHT works, I forgot. I better keep my mouth shut and not post anymore.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited October 2012

removed

• @Nexus said: they don't delete the post that is talking shit about the host but would rather delete the post that exposes the lie? Oh wait, that's how WHT works, I forgot. I better keep my mouth shut and not post anymore.

I said a few posts up that the "talking shit" post was deleted and posts that quote deleted posts are also deleted (yours).