Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada Down?

Both a VPS I have on OVH with a reseller and a Dedi I have with SYS are BOTH down. And logging into my SYS Control panel says I have NO servers with them.

Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks

Comments

• My SYS dedi is still fine here ...

• @nhocconan said:
    My SYS dedi is still fine here ...

Canada?

• If the servers are missing in the control panel, it sounds more like you have an issue with them. Maybe best to open a ticket.

• @MarkTurner said:
    If the servers are missing in the control panel, it sounds more like you have an issue with them. Maybe best to open a ticket.

Server Just came back up. But extremely SLOW. How would it be an issue with me? A server through a reseller of OVH is also having the SAME exact issue.

• I'm guessing it's this:

We will double the bhs-3a/b-a72 uplinks.
    After the upgrade, the capacity of this pair to OVH backbone will be of 640G.

http://status.ovh.com/?do=details&id=11302

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • I love the SYS IE phone support so quick!. Anyway he said it looks to be a major network outage.

• Yup, both of my BHS servers are down

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

It's slow here from Amsterdam as well but still works.

• @hyelton said:
    Canada?

Yes, the website hosted there is fine and no alert from uptimerobot

• hyelton said: How would it be an issue with me?

You said 'my SYS Control panel says I have NO servers with them'

Just because their network had some drama, why would your server disappear from the control panel? It doesn't go together.

A network outage affects the actual server, whereas your purchased items disappearing from the control panel sounds like an administrative action.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited November 2015

@MarkTurner said:

I get what your saying but NO clue whatsoever lol. But yes my SYS panel does say no servers with them. But also in the bottom right it says "service temporally unavailable" Along with this happening at the same time both my SYS server and reseller of an OVH server is down as well.

• hyelton said: I get what your saying but NO clue whatsoever lol. But yes my SYS panel does say no servers with them. But also in the bottom right it says "service temporally unavailable"

Crazy, I haven't seen that before on OVH. Normally if there is some network incident you can see see the servers.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • https://twitter.com/ovh_support_en
    All of BHS datacenter is down.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • "The links between Newark and our datacenter of Beauharnois are down:
    6x100G
    20x10G
    We will update this taso as soon as we have more information."

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @MarkTurner said:

This is only my 2nd ever downtime in 4 months but it seems the be bigger than the first. I want to say when it happened a few months ago it did the same exact thing.

Thanked by 1sin
  • fanta8897 said: All of BHS datacenter is down.

Thats pretty epic for OVH

Thanked by 3netomx doghouch bersy
  • @hyelton said:
    This is only my 2nd ever downtime in 4 months but it seems the be bigger than the first. I want to say when it happened a few months ago it did the same exact thing.

Yeah I think BHS had a huge outtage just a few months ago too

• Pretty awesome, never seen this before

• http://status.ovh.com/?do=details&id=11304

Details
    The links between Newark and our datacenter of Beauharnois are down:
    6x100G
    20x10G
    We will update this taso as soon as we have more information.

• Yeah, there was a fiber cut & they didn't have all their backup links in place.

@sin said:
    Yeah I think BHS had a huge outtage just a few months ago too

Thanked by 1sin
  • Yes down. Sort of. Likely a fiber cut. Degraded latency.

Some poor French bloke is likely already en-route to the cut area if identified. They usually update in real time, sometimes with pictures on Twitter.

This is the first time since BHS opened I experienced a monitor failure, even with the previous fiber cut.

Transparency is great with OVH, likely already a status URL, no time to find it, only noticed my server was lossy and taking another route in.

@MarkTuner The reason why your servers (or mine) were not there is jQuery I believe was timing out. As soon as the jQuery came through the dedicated instances and IPs showed up.

1st time since OVH opened my little Dedibox special (not even a KS box) has gone down.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited November 2015

@fanta8897 said:
    https://twitter.com/ovh_support_en
    All of BHS datacenter is down.

Weird, I can still access the server there several minutes ago, just slower than as usual. Now it is gone :-(

Edit: back again. Seems they are solving ..

• @nhocconan said:
    Weird, I can still access the server there several minutes ago, just slower than as usual. Now it is gone :-(

http://weathermap.ovh.net/#newark_newyork

If that sort of stuff is interesting to you, you can see the backup link chugging along. (I am on 3rd off-load monitor)

Thanked by 2nhocconan HuntersPad
  • Yeah, that's a major outage. At first, I though that mycustomhosting had another clusterfuck, but then I realized that my dedicated in BHS has serious connection issue.

HOST: cc.server        Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1. 10.8.21.189             0.0%    10    1.2   1.0   0.7   2.4   0.5
      2. 10.8.32.93              0.0%    10    0.5   0.5   0.5   0.6   0.0
      3. 10.8.43.9               0.0%    10    0.1   2.1   0.1  20.0   6.3
      4. 10.8.32.57              0.0%    10    0.2   0.2   0.2   0.3   0.0
      5. buf-b1-link.telia.net   0.0%    10    0.6   0.6   0.5   0.8   0.1
      6. nyk-bb2-link.telia.net 10.0%    10   25.9  28.6  25.7  50.2   8.1
      7. nyk-b2-link.telia.net   0.0%    10   25.8  25.9  25.3  26.2   0.3
      8. nwk-1-a9.nj.us          0.0%    10   28.4  28.2  27.9  28.4   0.2
      9. mtl-1-6k.qc.ca          0.0%    10   36.8  38.0  36.2  49.6   4.1
     10. bhs-g1-a9.qc.ca        10.0%    10  100.4 100.9  99.9 102.2   0.8
     11. bhs-3b-a9.qc.ca        60.0%    10  101.2 101.6 101.2 102.3   0.5
     12. bhs.server          50.0%    10  154.1 153.8 153.2 154.5   0.6

It's online, but very, very slow.

Thanked by 2HuntersPad Kris
  • KrisKris Member
    edited November 2015

Everyone stop torrenting and their tor relays, for the greater good!

Seriously though, it's a pretty big deal, and the poor guy who has to splice those fibers has a fuck of a day ahead of him.

I had to re-do 1 telco termination done by a div tech who wired a fax RJ13 directly into a DSL line, so may god have mercy on the tech en-route to the fiber cut.

They usually post pictures of the post-mortem of the cut, this one should be big. That's a big f-ing amount.

7.|-- be-10-pe01.newark.nj.ibon  0.0%     5   14.3  15.1  14.1  18.0   1.4
      8.|-- 192.99.146.53              0.0%     5   19.8  17.1  13.4  20.9   3.5
      9.|-- nwk-1-a9.nj.us            20.0%     5   20.8  16.0  12.7  20.8   3.4
     10.|-- mtl-1-6k.qc.ca             0.0%     5   21.7  22.4  21.7  23.4   0.5
     11.|-- bhs-g1-a9.qc.ca            0.0%     5   86.7  86.5  85.6  88.4   1.0
     12.|-- bhs-3b-6k.qc.ca           20.0%     5  175.7 156.0 138.9 175.7  15.5
     13.|-- bhs.ks            60.0%     5   88.2  86.6  84.9  88.2   2.2

As long as I'm here, keep in mind that #9 means nothing - kindly don't bother tech support with such when you see stuff like that.

Route loss has to travel "down the line" to mean anything.... as we see at bhs-3b-6k which must be hot enough to toast marshmallows right now.

Back to many, many internets. Checking OVH's twitter for possible picture or updates from the field tech who has to repair the cut.

• Wonder how expensive their SLA will be for this.

Thanked by 1Rolter
  • Their networking is down from an hour ago. Still suffering now.

• I was pretty sure that OVH had more than one fibre service going into that facility. Seems like they have lost almost all their capacity with this one incident.

• All my stuff is down, even the HA-VPS with 99.99% uptime.