Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in Kosovo location.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be interested in Kosovo location.

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
edited October 2015 in General

Hello Guys,

As topic said, next week we are going to setup our servers in Kosovo, city Pristina. I just was wonder what do you think, since there is noone offering such services in Kosovo, we would give a try. But the prices would be a bit higher instead of LET prices, would you be interested in this location? We use XEN resource, in our VPS's, unlimited bandwidth and 100MBps port.

Cheers.

Comments

• Would the servers actually be geo located in Kosovo?

I've had a server with you before @ Albahost (3 or 4 months, the $40 VPS), I'd be interested, assuming pricing is somewhat similar to what you have for the Albanian location.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@zevus said:
    Would the servers actually be geo located in Kosovo?

I've had a server with you before @ Albahost (3 or 4 months, the $40 VPS), I'd be interested, assuming pricing is somewhat similar to what you have for the Albanian location.

Yes the server will be located in Kosovo not geolocated, and yes the price will be the same as Albanian location

• Oh, would it identify as Albania, then? 1/2 the fun would be the server location showing as 'Kosovo'. I think this is possible? They have a country code, after all.... maybe not, though

@zevus said:
    Oh, would it identify as Albania, then? 1/2 the fun would be the server location showing as 'Kosovo'. I think this is possible? They have a country code, after all.... maybe not, though

They got something:
    https://countrycode.org/kosovo
    But im sure they will get soon.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

zevus said: Would the servers actually be geo located in Kosovo?

zevus said: They have a country code, after all.... maybe not, though

You cannot geolocate to Kosovo - There is no country code and RIPE only accepts countries with full UN recognition plus the Holy See. IPs either geolocate to Serbia or to Albania, usually AL.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • For sure it's an interesting location. As for competitors 2sync Serbian VPS seems to be located in Kosovo however they say it isn't (wjunction thread). The test IP they provide is: 84.22.62.101 --> Artmotion ISP which is present in Kosovo. IPs geolocate differently in every database, http://whois.domaintools.com/84.22.62.101 says "Albania Tirana Artmotion N.p.sh. " whereas Maxmind says "Serbia, Europe".

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • Just curious, can a foreigner register a .al domain name?

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Just curious, can a foreigner register a .al domain name?

Everyone can register .AL domain name.

• Thanks @AlbaHost

Thanked by 1AlbaHost

@MuZo said:
    For sure it's an interesting location. As for competitors 2sync Serbian VPS seems to be located in Kosovo however they say it isn't (wjunction thread). The test IP they provide is: 84.22.62.101 --> Artmotion ISP which is present in Kosovo. IPs geolocate differently in every database, http://whois.domaintools.com/84.22.62.101 says "Albania Tirana Artmotion N.p.sh. " whereas Maxmind says "Serbia, Europe".

Artmotion ISP is located in Kosovo, ex YU. Due because YU doesn't exist anymore Kosovo was so called under Serbia, which is now independent state.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Thanks AlbaHost

Your'e welcome.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@William there was recently some discussion on RIPE mailing list regarding accepting 'People Republic of Lugansk' or something alike 'for the good of Interbet'. You never know with them.

• N. SH. MaxTV?

Ah Kosovo location seems interesting, and ut's glad to see that it's not OpenVZ.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

Which ISP are you planned to setup with? Can you provide the AS number?

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • It would be great.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • @William said:

Yah, seems so.

I was mislead by:

https://geonames.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/xk-country-code-for-kosovo/

.... & with that info, I figured some progress would be made in 5 years. But maybe it's BS.

@deployvm said:
    Which ISP are you planned to setup with? Can you provide the AS number?

We are in negotiate with AS33983 and AS21246 but one of those two ISP's.

• Artmotion geolocates to Serbia - Ipko geos to Albania. BW is likely cheaper on Artmotion.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@zevus said:
    .... & with that info, I figured some progress would be made in 5 years. But maybe it's BS.

Ha. The only things that moves slower than governments, are standards bodies.

Thanked by 1zevus