Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

Comments

• @smile93 said:
    My VPS at UK work well. Not downtime and internet connection problem. 31 Days and still counting

Thank you for your answer.
    I have recovered my vps from the control panel doing a Reset of the virtual machine. It showed as powered on, but doing a Reset has returned it back to life.
    I'm analyzing system logs, but I can't see anything. It seems that the virtual machine froze at this time. :(
    Very strange.
    @ArubaCloud, it seems that your services were working well, and it was a fault of my vps.

• @Maounique yes I did recognize the wrong VAT on the first invoice too, had to top up the first euro for trying around...

after I did not find any place to choose vat-excemption like mentioned on their FAQ I opened a ticket about.
    they replied, that they could not verify my VAT ID and would like to see my business registration... cause I was out of office, I provided them with a screenshot of VIES (which you probably know is a possible place to check VAT IDs ;-)) , this they gladly accepted to remove VAT for me.

@tdttester UK node is working fine here too

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2015

I guess romanians must meet different standards, the guy was adamant I have to provide him with the papers, which I never do. A payment from the company bank account should do for all sane people, I don't know any bank in EU which opens accounts without company papers and signatures, he refused to budge so I had to cancel my account.

Falzo said: @Maounique yes I did recognize the wrong VAT on the first invoice too, had to top up the first euro for trying around...

after I did not find any place to choose vat-excemption like mentioned on their FAQ I opened a ticket about. they replied, that they could not verify my VAT ID and would like to see my business registration... cause I was out of office, I provided them with a screenshot of VIES (which you probably know is a possible place to check VAT IDs ;-)) , this they gladly accepted to remove VAT for me.

• @Falzo said:

tdttester UK node is working fine here too

Yes... it was a strange fault of my virtual server. From 02:09:01 to the time of the reset of the virtual machine, there's nothing on the syslog. Very strange. It seems that the virtual server froze for some unknown reason. :-(
    Downtime was detected at 02:17:33

Oct 3 01:39:01 vps CRON[512]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime)) Oct 3 02:09:01 vps CRON[3286]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime)) Oct 3 11:07:49 vps rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="7.4.4" x-pid="508" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] start Oct 3 11:07:49 vps rsyslogd: rsyslogd's groupid changed to 104 Oct 3 11:07:49 vps rsyslogd: rsyslogd's userid changed to 101 Oct 3 11:07:49 vps kernel: [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset Oct 3 11:07:49 vps kernel: [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu Oct 3 11:07:49 vps kernel: [ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct Oct 3 11:07:49 vps kernel: [ 0.000000] Linux version 3.13.0-65-generic (buildd@lgw01-55) (gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) ) #105-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 21 18:50:58 UTC 2015 (Ubuntu 3.13.0-65.105-generic 3.13.11-ckt26)

• @Maounique said:
    A payment from the company bank account should do for all sane people, I don't know any bank in EU which opens accounts without company papers and signatures, he refused to budge.

Certainly in the UK you can own and operate a company (and a company bank account) without actually being VAT registered (and therefore entitled to buy goods without paying VAT). The government here even set up a special process to allow VAT to be paid by these companies where they had to charge it because of the new EU rules regarding virtual goods.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2015

amistley said: Certainly in the UK you can own and operate a company (and a company bank account) without actually being VAT registered (and therefore entitled to buy goods without paying VAT). The government here even set up a special process to allow VAT to be paid by these companies where they had to charge it because of the new EU rules regarding virtual goods.

Iknow that, the issue was never the VAT number, I provided it to him as well as the company data when i registered, he could check in VIES, the issue was that he did not think it is my company and wanted proof for that.

Besides, I dont do business with companies which break the law, he charged 20% VAT and I am sure would have not sent it to romanian authorities but to french ones instead. This is a clear breach of the law, a red flag I cannot ignore, even if at first I thought was a mistake, I raised the issue and he avoided it completely, which means he knew and condoned that policy,
    How can you trust such a company with your data, especially when you know they are breaking other laws as some people pointed out here? It is my duty as an European citizen to say no to such practices, even if they offer free service, down the line you will be screwed up somehow.

• How is the disk speed for the UK vps?

• Maounique said: How can you trust such a company with your data, especially when you know they are breaking other laws as some people pointed out here? It is my duty as an European citizen to say no to such practices, even if they offer free service, down the line you will be screwed up somehow.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where can I request a ban from LET for bgp hijacking?

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited October 2015

@realbusiness said:
    How is the disk speed for the UK vps?

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=128k count=128k conv=fdatasync

131072+0 records in

131072+0 records out

17179869184 bytes (17 GB) copied, 17.9048 s, 960 MB/s

Thanked by 1realbusiness
  • how can I pay it? 1 month will be over in a few days and I want to pay it? can anyone hlep me out?

• emre22 said: how can I pay it? 1 month will be over in a few days and I want to pay it? can anyone hlep me out?

It's using your balance automatically.

• You need to top up your credit balance... So make a new order. (which does not mean deploy a service ;-))

• I wonder if the €1/m price is for good?

• sandro said: I wonder if the €1/m price is for good?

I tried pming @ArubaCloud, so far no answer.

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

Just to inform all LET community: as written to @vRozenSch00n and @sandro in private messages, 1€ price is guaranteed in the long period and we are here to clarify all your doubts

• ArubaCloud said: 1€ price is guaranteed in the long period and we are here to clarify all your doubts

And how long will that offer be available to buy? (So that I can buy another 10 before it's over ;D)

• ArubaCloud said: Just to inform all LET community: as written to @vRozenSch00n and @sandro in private messages, 1€ price is guaranteed in the long period and we are here to clarify all your doubts

Thanks, I hope LET community will benefit from your good service :)

• @ArubaCloud said:
    Just to inform all LET community: as written to vRozenSch00n and sandro in private messages, 1€ price is guaranteed in the long period and we are here to clarify all your doubts

I wish you all the luck... it gives me relief to see your official presence and active discussion. The service at the cost is simply superb.

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

@mehargags said:
    I wish you all the luck... it gives me relief to see your official presence and active discussion. The service at the cost is simply superb.

Thank you so much @mehargags. We are happy to hear this and if you and all LET community need more info, just contact us.

• @ArubaCloud said:

>

Is there any way to select the location while provisioning the VM ?

• Junkless said: Is there any way to select the location while provisioning the VM ?

It is very easy.

The first step is to deposit some money, then you can choose your services in any offered data center.

• TsuyoTsuyo Member
    edited October 2015

@Junkless said:
    Is there any way to select the location while provisioning the VM ?

During first login you'll have the option to select a data center. If you already selected one, there's a "Change" button at the top.

• @ArubaCloud said:
    Just to inform all LET community: as written to vRozenSch00n and sandro in private messages, 1€ price is guaranteed in the long period and we are here to clarify all your doubts

Time is relative :) "long" like months?
    Anyway what are your terms for CPU usage?

• I have $10 Credit with ArubaCloud. I'm very happy with them.

• Trying their UK instance out now.

Anyone know where in the UK their DC is?

Any comments on service etc?

• IIRC Aruba is in the Equinix LD5 datacenter in Slough, ~20 miles west of London. (coords 51.5222739 N, 0.6301387 W)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • GulfGulf Member
    edited November 2015

@ArubaCloud said:
    Thank you so much mehargags. We are happy to hear this and if you and all LET community need more info, just contact us.

Great service, I recommend it to all friends.
    But some suggestions:

• simplify control panel and combine it with billing.
      I had to login twice to pay invoices and manage servers.

• simplify connection between payments and servers

• One login/password for Control Panel and Customer Area. I'd prefer to use my email + password to login to Control panel. You created a login AWI-xxxxx for me, but I can't remember it and always have to copy paste login and password, please allow to login with email.

• send invoices by email, send emails about upcoming payments

• allow automatic payments

• add ticket support

• control panel contains a lot of stuff that I never need

and a lot of suggestions, for example

• add a way to manage servers in all datacenters at once

• asgarthasgarth Member
    edited November 2015

I signed up on this service yesterday; paid 1,20 € (with vat) because it's too troublesome to contact them for VAT exemption as I'm not european. Wasn't asked for an id verification. The control panel is too cluttered. I tried the france location and used serverbear benchmark. The network test is too slow I fell asleep waiting.

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/11/09/iiD1agRpwTw5AEMS

Haven't tested the server yet, planning to install wordpress site to test it this week.

• GulfGulf Member
    edited November 2015

@asgarth said:
    The network test is too slow I fell asleep waiting.

Not bad for 1 euro.
    I run a busy web crawler on this server in the UK.

• @asgarth said:
    I signed up on this service yesterday; paid 1,20 € (with vat) because it's too troublesome to contact them for VAT exemption as I'm not european. Wasn't asked for an id verification. The control panel is too cluttered. I tried the france location and used serverbear benchmark. The network test is too slow I fell asleep waiting.

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/11/09/iiD1agRpwTw5AEMS

Haven't tested the server yet, planning to install wordpress site to test it this week.

http://assistance.arubacloud.com/ Login here and create a ticket they dome my VAT exemption in roughly 15 min tops so its not that hard send some ID for exemption.

@Gulf said:

I agree with in a lot of things that you mentioned but they are pretty good for 1euro /month in Europe
    their VM's are snappier every time i use they they are Good and support is amazing