Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I order a vps from corgitech,when i order,the order configure is 3G memory,now they said is mistake. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I order a vps from corgitech,when i order,the order configure is 3G memory,now they said is mistake.

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmith said: I wanted to be 6 foot 8 (203cm) and able to lift a car when I was growing up, I got over it.

Almost the same here. I used to be 8 foot and able to lift a car . . . But then I stopped drinking.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I wanted to be 6 foot 8 (203cm) and able to lift a car when I was growing up, I got over it.

If they did it after they deployed or without notifying him, I think he has reason to be angry. We had a billing mistake, where I accidentally put the same price for annual and monthly instead of multiplying the annual by 12. We notified all of the customers that ordered and offered a refund or a change to monthly. Didn't have a single problem.

• Well, no need to be a bitch.

I'd you ordered 2 and got 3 by mistake, you're to inform the company. If not, when they catch up to you, they'll get back what theirs is.

Humans do make errors...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

I think the OP is making it as if he ordered 3GB RAM but by the looks of it he ordered a 2GB plan and got 3GB (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Another problem is that the contract length is usually a month on monthly paid plans, so even if it was part of the contract it would only be for a month until they correct it.

• AgaAga Member

Infinity said: I think the OP is making it as if he ordered 3GB RAM

I'm not really sure, but it's sound like he ordered a 3GB

qibinghua said: after i order some days,they changed the configure to 2G in the order page, now they change my vps to 2G that is right?

and after somedays they changed the plan on the order page to be 2GB. When that happend they came and changed OP specs to reflect the 'correct' plan.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Steven_F said: If they did it after they deployed or without notifying him, I think he has reason to be angry. We had a billing mistake, where I accidentally put the same price for annual and monthly instead of multiplying the annual by 12. We notified all of the customers that ordered and offered a refund or a change to monthly. Didn't have a single problem.

Fair enough, on the other hand I have real problems.

• Steven_F said: where I accidentally put the same price for annual and monthly instead of multiplying the annual by 12

The main thing is to learn from one's mistakes.

• AnthonySmith said: I wanted to be 6 foot 8 (203cm) and able to lift a car when I was growing up, I got over it.

When I was younger, I wished my -you know- was 25cm length. But then, doctors said that an operation would be dangerous and risky and I compromised having 40cm length...

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

qibinghua said: I said there is no configure in invoice,only VPS type. when i used about 2 months,i request reinstall OS,hen they said it was a mistake

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/0060lm7Tgw1exiiz08yl8j30rl0hnmzj.jpg

Infinity said: I think the OP is making it as if he ordered 3GB RAM but by the looks of it he ordered a 2GB plan and got 3GB (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Another problem is that the contract length is usually a month on monthly paid plans, so even if it was part of the contract it would only be for a month until they correct it.

I don't think it's really an issue of whether the company has the right to do that. It's more of a "don't be a dick to your customers" type of thing. In any situation, you can either handle it the "right" way or you can handle it the "customer is right" way. Their choice to change 3GB to 2GB - when the customer probably would have never even used the full 3GB, just left a sour taste in this customer's mouth and caused there to be bad publicity. A question to the providers: would you not be upset if you order a dedicated server and you get more RAM or a v2/v3 of a processor you thought you'd get the v1 of - or a better specification in any way - and then the company goes and changes it back to what you ordered later?

• AgaAga Member

VirMach said: would you not be upset if you order a dedicated server and you get more RAM or a v2/v3 of a processor you thought you'd get the v1 of - or a better specification in any way - and then the company goes and changes it back to what you ordered later?

That's not a fair comparison, as this is not what OP said happen (or I just misread his post).

As I understand OP stated that he ordered a vps plan with 3GB ram

@qibinghua said:
    I order a vps from corgitech,when i order,the order configure is 3G memory

He then states that he used the vps with 3GB for many days, until he asks support for an OS reinstall

@qibinghua said:
    I used it many days,when i request reinstall OS

When he got back from support he's told that the Standard VPS plan is actually 2GB and that they made a mistake.

@qibinghua said:
    they said the standard vps is 2G memory,but when i order standard vps,in the order configure page is 3G memory.

He mention that somedays after he ordered they change the order page from 3GB to 2GB

@qibinghua said:
    i know,when after i order some days,they changed the configure to 2G in the order page

At least for me it's sound like the mistake was not only in provision the vps with better specs, but rather selling with the wrong info spec, provisioning with the wrong spec and 'fixing it' when they realized.

• To me this sounds completely wrong, 3GB was advertised so it should be honoured for at least the remainder of the billing period.

I highly doubt it was a mistake if both the site was showing as 3GB and it was delivered with 3GB, more than likely they've realised that the price they were selling at wasn't realistic for the RAM on offer, it could be a mistake but I doubt it personally.

Thanked by 3kkrajk Ole_Juul Aga
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@joepie91 said:
    Contracts can be implicit. In most Western jurisdictions, a seller is required to provide the advertised service or product at the advertised price, even if it's a mistake - as long as it was not blatantly obvious that it was a mistake.

I get that, pal. The thing I am feeling strange is that he doesnt need 2gb, so why makibg all this whining? Whining is not the word I am looking, but I dont know any softer one.

• netomx said: I get that, pal. The thing I am feeling strange is that he doesnt need 2gb, so why makibg all this whining? Whining is not the word I am looking, but I dont know any softer one.

Whining is the word.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Aga said:
    At least for me it's sound like the mistake was not only in provision the vps with better specs, but rather selling with the wrong info spec, provisioning with the wrong spec and 'fixing it' when they realized.
    @Aga said:

Yes, you are right..

but i has sent ticket to they,i accepted. every one makes mistakes.

• @Nomad said:
    Well, no need to be a bitch.

I'd you ordered 2 and got 3 by mistake, you're to inform the company. If not, when they catch up to you, they'll get back what theirs is.

Humans do make errors...

Maybe after they changed spec to 2GB,but did not change the template.

• AgaAga Member

qibinghua said: but i has sent ticket to they,i accepted. every one makes mistakes.

It happens, we just need to take care to not repeat the same mistake.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@netomx said:
    I get that, pal. The thing I am feeling strange is that he doesnt need 2gb, so why makibg all this whining? Whining is not the word I am looking, but I dont know any softer one.

Because maybe he needs it in the future? If it was advertised as 3GB, he's well within his right to demand actually getting it.

Thanked by 2Aga netomx
  • joepie91 said: Because maybe he needs it in the future? If it was advertised as 3GB, he's well within his right to demand actually getting it.

And they are in their right to tell him "we are not going to continue this service for you after the end of your prepaid period, please move away".

• AgaAga Member

rds100 said: "we are not going to continue this service for you after the end of your prepaid period, please move away"

Still, this was not what they did, they changed OP vps specs while his was on the prepaid period

• Aga said: Still, this was not what they did, they changed OP vps specs while his was on the prepaid period

It is wrong them. Should have changed them after the end of the prepaid period / at the start of the new period, notifying the customer in advance.

Thanked by 1Aga
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@joepie91 said:
    Because maybe he needs it in the future? If it was advertised as 3GB, he's well within his right to demand actually getting it.

The only problem I see is, he didn't give proofs, so it may be like a lot of threads here with one-side story :/

• @netomx said:
    The only problem I see is, he didn't give proofs, so it may be like a lot of threads here with one-side story :/

Yes, i have no proofs, and maybe be after that, when a order one product, first, i need get a screenshot.
    :)

• qibinghua said: maybe be after that, when a order one product, first, i need get a screenshot. :)

That sounds like a good idea, just in case. I haven't been doing that, but when I order something I start a text file where I record what I did - date, account info, and whatever.

Thanked by 1netomx