Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo appears to have refreshed again with 800GB SSD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo appears to have refreshed again with 800GB SSD

2»

Comments

• @rds100 said:
    Well, this sounds impressive for that price. Is there some catch? Can some Contabo customer comment?

Contabo is as low end as it gets qualitywise in Germany.
    Support replies but is as helpful as the Kimsufi support.
    Their services are hit or miss. If you get on a good node/port you get quite some hardware for a low price. However it's quite possible that you get put on a beyond hope oversold node/port.
    Everybody I know who deployed live projects with them moved sooner or later somewhere else for more reliability.

• Tion said: However it's quite possible that you get put on a beyond hope oversold node/port.

then ask to be moved, that's what i did and they happily did it.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

I know some of the Contabo people from former times. I would not touch anything coming from them with a ten foot pole. No matter how cheap, allegedly great or whatever it is. Those f*ckers could pay me for hosting with them and I still would not.

@boernd: I studied law (and business economics), too. It's incredible how many scumbags choose those study paths... (without any assessment of my person, of course)

• @Amitz said:
    I know some of the Contabo people from former times. I would not touch anything coming from them with a ten foot pole. No matter how cheap, allegedly great or whatever it is.

Care to elaborate? I'm quite interested in knowing why.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

Issam2204 said:
    Care to elaborate? I'm quite interested in knowing why.

Imagine you know some people personally, in their private life. They are not friends, but close enough to permanently appear in your social environment. And you get the chance to observe them and their actions (either private or business-wise) for years. I will not go too much in detail, sorry for that, but accept my opinion: No. Not the type of guys that you want to deal with. They are semi-shady fuck knuckles.

Thanked by 1Issam2204