Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I order a vps from corgitech,when i order,the order configure is 3G memory,now they said is mistake.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I order a vps from corgitech,when i order,the order configure is 3G memory,now they said is mistake.

I used it many days,when i request reinstall OS,they said the standard vps is 2G memory,but when i order standard vps,in the order configure page is 3G memory.i know,when after i order some days,they changed the configure to 2G in the order page, now they change my vps to 2G that is right?

Comments

• That's a bit odd. When I used them I never had any issues and the owner was always very helpful.

Have you tried contacting him directly? He's a very fair guy and I'm sure will work it out with you.

• maybe the title need to be shorten a little bit :)

Thanked by 2netomx lifehome
  • @IThinkUFailed said:
    That's a bit odd. When I used them I never had any issues and the owner was always very helpful.

Have you tried contacting him directly? He's a very fair guy and I'm sure will work it out with you.

How? i always use tickets.

• @iSky said:
    maybe the title need to be shorten a little bit :)

Change to what?

• @qibinghua said:

Change to what?

There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate to find missing information.

• well the title is an TLDR itself.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @zllovesuki said:
    There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate to find missing information.

I do not find where to change...

• dont change it ... times better than "corgitech is a scam"

• Check your invoice. If your invoice has 3gb ram listed on it, they owe you 3gb ram for the period of time you paid for it. However they have the right to cancel your service or raise the price during your next billing period.

• @Jonchun said:
    Check your invoice. If your invoice has 3gb ram listed on it, they owe you 3gb ram for the period of time you paid for it. However they have the right to cancel your service or raise the price during your next billing period.

The invoice do not include any configure about CPU/Memory/Disk :(

• @qibinghua said:
    The invoice do not include any configure about CPU/Memory/Disk :(

How about the email you got when you first signed up?

• @Nomad said:
    How about the email you got when you first signed up?

PLEASE PRINT THIS MESSAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS - PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN FULL.

We are pleased to tell you that the server you ordered has now been set up and is operational. You can access it via SSH (Linux) or RDP (Windows).

Server Details

=============================

Tokyo VPS - Tokyo Standard

Main IP: ****

Username: root
    Root pass: *****

Other Notes:

You can Restart and Power On/Off your VPS from the 'My Services' page at http://www.corgitech.com/whmcs/

If you need any further assistance please feel free to open a support ticket and we will help you as soon as possible.

• How much RAM are you actually using on this VPS? If it's less than 1GB it's simply not worth wasting your time with all this.

• At the end of the day, are you happy with the price you're paying for 2GB? If not, ask for a refund and walk away.

Thanked by 3Aga ATHK rds100
  • I do not have to need 3G, but i think we must have spirit of contract. just a little bit unhappy

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Usually when we make a mistake/error in our advertising or configuration, we own up to our mistake. One time we actually had an error where we set the yearly to $0 and we allowed the guy to keep it for a whole year. I definitely think 2G --> 3G they should honor it, but it is up to them. Make a ticket and see what they say. Otherwise, they should at the very least give a full refund if you chose to not keep the plan, but I don't think you can technically force them to give 3GB. I assume somewhere in their terms, they're covered.

• @VirMach said:
    Usually when we make a mistake/error in our advertising or configuration, we own up to our mistake. One time we actually had an error where we set the yearly to $0 and we allowed the guy to keep it for a whole year. I definitely think 2G --> 3G they should honor it, but it is up to them. Make a ticket and see what they say. Otherwise, they should at the very least give a full refund if you chose to not keep the plan, but I don't think you can technically force them to give 3GB. I assume somewhere in their terms, they're covered.

2G is enough, i just have a little unhappy.

• I sent the ticket, and they said it is a mistake,now they correct it.....

@VirMach said:

• AgaAga Member
    edited October 2015

VirMach said: I don't think you can technically force them to give 3GB.

If he was resident on my country and the company was local he would pretty much have this as a right granted by law.

[added after edit]

Well to be fair, the company could refuse to comply and drag this in court for like way much time than it would be worth. They would probably lost anyway, and get fined, but they could make it not worth to pursue.

• @Aga said:
    Well to be fair, the company could refuse to comply and drag this in court for like way much time than it would be worth. They would probably lost anyway, and get fined, but they could make it not worth to pursue.

They are based in the United Kingdom if that helps.

• AgaAga Member

IThinkUFailed said: They are based in the United Kingdom if that helps.

For some reason I thought I had mention, but I'm talking about Brazilian's Code of Consumer Defense and Protection

• @Aga said:
    For some reason I thought I had mention, but I'm talking about Brazilian's Code of Consumer Defense and Protection

Ah I see. The UK is very good with it's consumer protection too.

Let's tag somebody who works (I believe this is the owner) @Kakashi

Could you try and sort this out bud?

Thanked by 1Aga
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

qibinghua said: 2G is enough, i just have a little unhappy.

So, just accept it, pal. Everybody makes mistakes, even me!

Thanked by 1Aga
  • @netomx said:
    So, just accept it, pal. Everybody makes mistakes, even me!

Yes, i accept, but my point is sprit of Contract

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@qibinghua said:
    Yes, i accept, but my point is sprit of Contract

Do you have the contract? If you do, please show us. If you don't, so accept it.

• I said there is no configure in invoice,only VPS type. when i used about 2 months,i request reinstall OS,hen they said it was a mistake

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/0060lm7Tgw1exiiz08yl8j30rl0hnmzj.jpg

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

@netomx said:
    Do you have the contract? If you do, please show us. If you don't, so accept it.

Contracts can be implicit. In most Western jurisdictions, a seller is required to provide the advertised service or product at the advertised price, even if it's a mistake - as long as it was not blatantly obvious that it was a mistake.

• AgaAga Member

qibinghua said: http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/0060lm7Tgw1exiiz08yl8j30rl0hnmzj.jpg

"As for the RAM, if the opposite happened and we made a mistake and gave you 1GB RAM, would you not want us to fix it? The same is true for the opposite, if we gave you extra by mistake we are within our right to fix it."

Isn't wonderful the way this guy thinks?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

qibinghua said: 2G is enough, i just have a little unhappy.

I wanted to be 6 foot 8 (203cm) and able to lift a car when I was growing up, I got over it.

• utama said: well the title is an TLDR itself.

Here's the TLDR of the TLDR:

3G VPS changed to 2G after ordering