Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo appears to have refreshed again with 800GB SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo appears to have refreshed again with 800GB SSD

TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
edited October 2015 in General

quite impressive for €30! you get 800GB SSD and 40GB RAM, running on E5's

https://blog.contabo.com/products/vps-series-available-100-ssd/

https://contabo.com/?show=vps&fbcid=2203

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hmhm, interesting.

Any Benchmarks?

What kind of virt do they use?

• MrGeneral said: What kind of virt do they use?

Standard KVM
    and this was my 2 core one http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3135666

• ZeastZeast Member
    edited October 2015

And you can do spoofing! YEAH! and now with 1Gbit/s FOR MOREE POWEEEEER

2TB TB HDD + SSD Boost / 25 EUR , totally worth

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

What about iO?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2015

Well, this sounds impressive for that price. Is there some catch? Can some Contabo customer comment?

• MrGeneral said: What about iO?

i will run a test when i get home but it's quite fast no slowdowns or lag.

rds100 said: Well, this sounds impressive for that price. Is there some catch? Can some Contabo customer comment?

i am a contabo customer :)

the only catch is the bandwidth part

"Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s)"

Thanked by 2rds100 MikePT
  • is this host even reliable? such cheap pricing...

• @rds100 said:
    Well, this sounds impressive for that price. Is there some catch? Can some Contabo customer comment?

Their network is utter shit.

• tr1cky said: Their network is utter shit.

for you maybe.. and i seem to recall you came out with this nonsense the other day (despite the vps only having 100Mbps connectivity)

• @TarZZ92 said:

With what nonsense did I come out? Oh, totally forgot to mention that the company owner scammed a lot of people back in the days, but that's irrelevant, right? Just google "euros4click".

• tr1cky said: With what nonsense did I come out? Oh, totally forgot to mention that the company owner scammed a lot of people back in the days, but that's irrelevant, right? Just google "euros4click".

you was complaining about speeds and when i pointed out that it was 100Mbps you failed to reply.

can i ask where are you from? i am from the UK and can easily max out my connection to contabo.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    can i ask where are you from? i am from the UK and can easily max out my connection to contabo.

What the fuck are you even talking about? I'm not a customer of contabo and certainly will never become one. I didn't complain about their network speed.

I won't support a datacenter that was built up with scam money and wouldn't even exist today if Michael Bölke woldn't have ripped off a lot of people.

• @tr1cky said:
    I won't support a datacenter that was built up with scam money and wouldn't even exist today if Michael Bölke woldn't have ripped off a lot of people.

https://www.xing.com/profile/Michael_Boelke2
    This guy has studied Law. WTF?

• tr1cky said: What the fuck are you even talking about? I'm not a customer of contabo and certainly will never become one. I didn't complain about their network speed.

no need for profanity just makes you look like a moron.

so the network is not bad, you just do not like them... please take that stupid rant elsewhere and provide a source for these serious accusations (i would be interested myself).

tr1cky said: I didn't complain about their network speed.

"Their network is utter shit." what exactly makes it bad? and your reply on that other thread was after someone posted some speed tests, i think you are getting lost with all this nonsense you are talking.

• tr1cky said: What the fuck are you even talking about? I'm not a customer of contabo

tr1cky said: Their network is utter shit.

How can you call a network as utter shit if you don't even use it?
    As for me, I have since half a year now a medium vps from contabo and I have to say, for the price, the specs and the speed to greece is very good.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • TarZZ92 said: "Their network is utter shit." what exactly makes it bad? and your reply on that other thread was after someone posted some speed tests, i think you are getting lost with all this nonsense you are talking.

Thanks for putting my words totally out of context, you said to me that I would have complained about their network speed and I said that I didn't complain about it as I don't really care because I don't use them, but I know that their network is bad.

I didn't reply to a speedtest thread of a contabo vps.

• TarZZ92 said: you was complaining about speeds and when i pointed out that it was 100Mbps you failed to reply.

I didn't even post in that thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1340603/#Comment_1340603

My name is not even alike these names, lol.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

tr1cky said: but I know that their network is bad.

Put up or shut up. (meaning prove it or shut up)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

tr1cky said: Thanks for putting my words totally out of context

your comments where quite clear, i fail to see how you come to that conclusion (of the network being bad).

• @TarZZ92 said:

Somebody seems to be pretty butthurt. Affiliate them a bit more, you seem to defend them and recommend them in every single thread.

• Wait, you mean one has to have been a client to badmouth a provider? In LET? :D

Thanked by 3jvnadr Frecyboy netomx
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

tr1cky said: Somebody seems to be pretty butthurt. Affiliate them a bit more, you seem to defend them and recommend them in every single thread.

not at all, i simply said provide proof of this nonsense i even said i would be interested to read it. but you still post nothing.

you are just some angry person by the sounds of it perhaps you need to get out more?

deadbeef said: Wait, you mean one has to have been a client to badmouth a provider? In LET? :D

I find it strange though he comes out with such nonsense and provides no proof them goes and accuses me of being an affiliate LOL!

tr1cky said: Affiliate them a bit more

I only affiliate 1 company and that's livedrive

tr1cky said: them and recommend them in every single thread.

Yet more nonsense.

• TarZZ92 said: not at all, i simply said provide proof of this nonsense i even said i would be interested to read it. but you still post nothing.

http://euros4click-betrug.blogspot.de/
    http://www.shortnews.de/id/808690/neuer-layer-skandal-euros4click-unter-betrugsverdacht
    http://www.cash4webmaster.de/anbieter_details.php?id=7

Go translate it yourself. euros4click (one of his previous sites) failed to pay out their webmasters for a full year. The site was shutdown and nobody got the money.

• tr1cky said: Go translate it yourself. euros4click (one of his previous sites) failed to pay out their webmasters for a full year. The site was shutdown and nobody got the money.

Perhaps the company (it was under) closed, ever think that?

• tr1cky said: http://euros4click-betrug.blogspot.de/

Betrogener ist generell der Webmaster, der zum einen auf seinen Webseiten nervige Layer- und Popup-Werbung erscheinen sieht, sich damit - natürlich - seine Besucher vergrault und dann, zum Dank, natürlich keinen Cent dafür bekommt.

Well, that sums up that ... certainly scam, but also karma.

• lucastlucast Member
    edited October 2015

unfortunately , contabo have a LOOOOOOT of bad reviews.

• Do they allow private torrents?

• XIAOSpider97 said: Do they allow private torrents?

well i run btsync am sure most providers will allow torrents providing it's legal ones only.

• Had VPS, took down entire DC with DDoS (sorry, lol nope) - They refunded me in full and provided a rescue system with new IP to get data, was good. Paid like 25EUR for 20GB RAM and 2TB HDD.

CPU was mediocre, certainly not more than 2 cores dedicated (IIRC benchmark somewhere around 2000, which would be pretty much 1/4th of an i7) - by CPU flags it was some sort of i7 with probably 64GB RAM (non ECC) so likely 4 20GB VMs (64GB available, 80GB sold, some overselling).

HDD seemingly dedicated but i did not fill it up, likely a RAID1/10 of like 4x4TB (8TB useable, 4 VMs).

Network "eh", you'd think with their upstreams it would be good - The routes are not bad, but it seems the ports are oversold at times. Mnet also has some capacity issues on private peerings it seems.

tr1cky said: With what nonsense did I come out? Oh, totally forgot to mention that the company owner scammed a lot of people back in the days, but that's irrelevant, right? Just google "euros4click".

Yea, very questionable history on that guy.

• William said: (IIRC benchmark somewhere around 2000, which would be pretty much 1/4th of an i7)

which benchmark? where you using a detailed one? (such as geekbench)