Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True 10Gbps Speed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

True 10Gbps Speed

2»

Comments

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

How much Sustained Traffic are you going to use on the 10Gbit Connection ?

• iRepkoiRepko Member
    edited October 2015

@jmckeag12 said:
    How much Sustained Traffic are you going to use on the 10Gbit Connection ?

Not sure. We're still determing packet size and etc for the application we're using.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@iRepko said:
    Salesman? He tells me he's more than that but not always so sure. I didn't expect to get a full 10Gbps port but I at least expected to get 5. As people said you could get with FDCServers.

Hey,

I'm just curious: Do you need those 10GE with a Dedicated Server or do you need a 1/4 1/2 rack ?

• @iRepko said:
    Salesman? He tells me he's more than that but not always so sure. I didn't expect to get a full 10Gbps port but I at least expected to get 5. As people said you could get with FDCServers.

All he does is resell colocrossing as I understand it. He used to be active with a bunch of uk colo offers but i have no idea what happened. So yea.. A salesman.

• @cloudvider
    A vps which can burst speed up to so much like 200-300MB/s that I/O becomes the limitaiton..:-) getting my point....just wondering...

• @Jonchun said:
    All he does is resell colocrossing as I understand it. He used to be active with a bunch of uk colo offers but i have no idea what happened. So yea.. A salesman.

That's interesting. TBH he owes me like $50 and should refund the cost of my server at least prorated for two weeks ($250). The deal he gave me doesn't line up with what colocrossing is selling, though I do know it was in the CC facility.