Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What IM do you use on PC?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What IM do you use on PC?

Do you still use IM for communication on PC? if so what's your prefered choice? I have not used IM on PC for long time, now want to choose one, so ask for your suggestion. I use Mac, and don't like skype. Thanks.

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Take a look at https://discordapp.com

• skype, qq

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited October 2015

You choose the one all others use.....

I use steam and teamspeak if that counts, and sometimes Skype.

• Skype, just because I have to. For work only. And iMessage.

• Telegram and ICQ :D

• Does "Hangouts" count? :P

• web.skype.com

• I'm using LINE for PC.

• QQ, IRC, google hangouts

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

Skype where required

Jabber primary, with OTR of course.

I also have a QQ account but it mainly runs in BG for the like 10 chats i have per year in it

• icq via trillian

• @pbgben said:
    Take a look at https://discordapp.com

Looks interesting.

I use Skype and slowly moving to Telegram as it's securer and not providing the NSA with access.

• Justin417Justin417 Member, Host Rep

IRC Most of the time, mumble for VOIP, self-hosted jitsi server for video chat, and the occasional skype call to that one family member that has no clue how to use a computer, and I doubt could figure out how to use other, more secure options.

• web.skype.com and Steam. Telegram on Android if I really have to (but I didn't use for years now because simply all of my friends, relatives and etc use WhatsApp but I don't use WhatsCrap).

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

XMPP through Pidgin. In the rare case that I need audio/video calls, I use Jitsi Meet.

You'll probably want to reconsider that. From their 'privacy' policy:

Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images or other content you send via the chat feature.

• skype is our main communication tool. It's not so bad, no real need to change anything so we just stick to it for now. Hangouts once in a while too

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Slack only.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

messages in os x for facebook/txt, sometimes IRC(colloquy)/Skype.

• Skype !

• Telegram

• Skype only for work.

• Slack

• @TehRawrz said:
    Slack

+1

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

IRC mostly. Skype and TeamSpeak a few times a year.

If I had to choose I would use IRC and XMPP exclusively, but I prefer email to IM.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

MSN(microsoft messenger or what) was great back in the day. Then everybody I knew jumped on skype. But when facebook became popular, then everybody flew to facebook. Then around 10-11, I had to register on facebook, just talk to somebody I knew who wasn't on the messengers above. It's all about facebook, instagram and selfies these days. And from what I hear, the youngsters are using tinder for business calls.

• dearroy said: Slack only.

god really, you use Slack even though you have other options? wtf.

The only reaosn why i use slack is because my employer forces me to do so...

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

William said: god really, you use Slack even though you have other options? wtf.

The only reaosn why i use slack is because my employer forces me to do so...

I have all the other options on my tablet and mobiles. When I am working on PC, i mute those and focus on work - slack comes the only IM to communicate with my partners.