Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quarterly Top Provider Winners - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quarterly Top Provider Winners

Comments

• @Mun said:
    jar

Do I win a hug :D?

Come here...let me give you one. Dont feel bad :)

Thanked by 1Mun
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Mun said:
    jar

Do I win a hug :D?

Here's Taylor singing about us:

Thanked by 1Mun
  • Congrats to all the top 10!

Quite happy I made it to 12-13th place.

11 EvoBurst 
    +
       2 BudgetVZ

• Yea!! I'm never win anything, and now I got the first price :D
    Good poll, many of the same on the top 10, but also some new hosts.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Jar said: Flagged for @mikho, I'm outside the edit timer.

Done. Announced it also

Thanked by 1jar
  • Congratulations to all providers and winners :).

RamNode at the top as always for the top notch service and support with lots of extras.

So Inception did make the top 10 thanks to @Mun for noticing my error :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MunMun Member

@Jar said:
    So Inception did make the top 10 thanks to Mun for noticing my error :)

Technically I gave everyone lower or equal to rank 4 a free position bump ;)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jurevejureve Member
    edited October 2015

Congrats Ramnode @Nick_A and all listed!!! ;-)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who voted for QuickPacket.

• @Jar said:
    So Inception did make the top 10 thanks to Mun for noticing my error :)

No... they're still #11...

I don't see how just because BuyVM and Prometeus are #3 together, Digital Ocean gets bumped to #4. It's still #5...

@Jonchun Because I listed the top 10 and those two tied for #3.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited October 2015

@Jar said:
    Jonchun Because I listed the top 10 and those two tied for #3.

(not trying to be an asshole so my apologies if it comes off that way)

You actually listed the top 11 providers... That's why there's 11 names up there. If 2 providers tie for #3, you either skip #4 or you stop at #9. If the poll was for the Top 10 providers, I would think 10 names belong up there?

I'm not trying to discredit Inception Hosting because I congratulate them on a close #11, but they are NOT in the top ten.

Thanked by 2jar telephone
    edited October 2015

Jonchun said: If the poll was for the Top 10 providers, I would think 10 names belong up there?

I mean yeah that's another way I could've went, and if you were sitting next to me when I was making the call and shouted it out I might have went a different way, but I just went with my first instinct.

You know as well as I do that nothing done here will fail to generate disagreement, so I try not to do what others have done before me and ask myself "What will please the most amount of people" before doing something, because when you do that you usually just dig yourself a bigger hole, please no one, and get frustrated. Instinct isn't a bad thing ;)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Gratz to all winners.

• MadMad Member

Congratulations to all of you! :)

• sinsin Member

Wish I had added in a vote for Luna Node...I just started using them yesterday and they are awesome. It's great to see Dacentec near the top too :).

• Congratulations to all winners!

• Congratulations to RamNode

• The trend is changing and the top is being filled by highend companies providing new lowend services. I am worried about the future of lowend providers, especially if these highend guys keep on providing services even at a loss just to kill the competition.

• Congrats to all! Thanks @Jar for compiling this nice list.

• souensouen Member
    edited October 2015

Congrats to the top providers and prize winners. :)

A pity about LowEndSpirit votes but understandable. If people had multiple locations powered by 3+ providers that's 3 votes used up. Anyhow, the top 10 list is a nice starting point and those who stick around LET will eventually find other gems.

Edit: thanks for organising the poll.

• Thanks for disclosing the full results, it provides a nice overview of the current field out there! :)
    And yees, I won - not used to something like this. :P Looking forward to get and play around with a LowEndSpirit box. :)

• +1, thanks Mr. @Jar!

Can someone add a "poll" tag to the thread?

• Somehow, these quarterly polls are not the same without those incredible deals that the TOP-providers offered in the past in celebration of their victory. Not to say boring. ;-)

At least it's a way to say "thank you" to your favorite providers, besides sending them money every month.

• incredible deals ? hasn't it been standard offers + always available coupons the last couple times ?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    incredible deals ? hasn't it been standard offers + always available coupons the last couple times ?

That was bad enough. But no offer extravaganza at all?

• Among top 10 & 5 new providers I currently have active server with 14 (except OVH) :P . Anyway, congratulations to all of them and thanks to @jar.

BTW, will this be published in LEB with some nice (I mean HOT!) offers?

• zevuszevus Member
    edited November 2015

I would have voted for oneprovider, with this $7/mo offering on their cloud they have going now.. not the cheapest, but decent price for softlayer bandwidth + the theoretical ability to move VPS around to whichever location you want whenever (theoretical since, well, all of their non-european & NA locations aren't available now)

ed: i'll give them benefit of doubt and assume this is something that'll be cleared up within a month or so (or at least more locations)

• @zevus said:
    I would have voted for oneprovider, with this $7/mo offering on their cloud they have going now.. not the cheapest, but decent price for softlayer bandwidth + the theoretical ability to move VPS around to whichever location you want whenever (theoretical since, well, all of their non-european & NA locations aren't available now)

ed: i'll give them benefit of doubt and assume this is something that'll be cleared up within a month or so (or at least more locations)

Thank you for your vote of confidence - keep an eye out during the coming days ;)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish