Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quarterly Top Provider Winners
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quarterly Top Provider Winners

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited October 2015 in General

Hi everyone!

I’m here to share the results of the Quarterly Top Provider Poll. There were a lot of entries, here were the top 10:

1. RamNode
  2. Online.net
  3. Prometeus & BuyVM
  4. DigitalOcean
  5. Dacentec
  6. Vultr
  7. OVH
  8. Dediserve
  9. HostUS

The top 5 new providers (there weren't that many votes):

1. ArubaCloud
  2. ZXPlay
  3. Time4VPS
  4. Nexhost
  5. Mean Servers

The 5 winners of LowEndSpirit VPS:

smallet
angrysnarl
Bochi
CFarence

The grand prize winner of the 2GB RAM VPS from Hudson Valley Host:

myhken

Prize winners will be contacted in the coming days with details about how to collect their winnings :)

Full disclosure section:

Totals: http://pastebin.com/A3WY0X7Q

Some could have been combined but would not have made top 10, so the effort was not taken to combine them. Note that LowEndSpirit generic votes are missing, as they did not specify a provider. Had they done so, I suspect Inception would have been in the top 10.

Comments

• Congrats!!!

• WHTWHT Member

What will earn RamNode? No 1 month free advertisement or sticky thread?

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited October 2015

@WHT said:
    What will earn RamNode? No 1 month free advertisement or sticky thread?

Yes let's sticky the most well known/recommended provider voted by LET members on LET! It'll DEFINITELY make sure more LET members know about them!

@Jar

Did we have a winner for upcoming provider? I think it was MeanServers from the general gist of the votes, but would be cool to see that those votes were counted.

• Congrats to the top providers!

• @Jar who won the new provider vote? That's the list I'm more interested in as the top 10 are pretty established.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@mikeyur said:
    Jar who won the new provider vote? That's the list I'm more interested in as the top 10 are pretty established.

Good call! Added. I only added the top 5 of that, beyond that the votes were pretty much equal across the board down to the bottom. There really weren't many votes for new provider.

• TomTom Member

congrats ramnode!

• Great to see Dacentec doing well!

• Congrats guys. :)

• A dedi provider takes second. The times, they are a changin'

• Congratulations @Nick_A (RamNode)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks everyone :)

Francisco

• @Nekki said:
    A dedi provider takes second. The times, they are a changin'

Maybe we should have two separate polls for dedi providers and VPS providers? Or nah..

• smalletsmallet Member
    edited October 2015

Jar said: The 5 winners of LowEndSpirit VPS:

smallet

Ohh, didn't expect that. Maybe the best time to start experimenting with IPv6!

• blackblack Member
    edited October 2015

Nice. I didn't know you get prizes for voting now. Any chance you'll post the actual vote count for the providers?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    A dedi provider takes second. The times, they are a changin'

That kidechire will do it. Under 5 dollars per month for bare-metal, and people lose their minds.

On that note, grab them while they're hot : https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

I have a $10/month, and they're now semi-instant provisoined, so enjoy! Refreshing now to see how fast they go $20, $25/mo, they learing from Dacetener

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2015

black said: Nice. I didn't know you get prizes for voting now. Any chance you'll post the actual vote count for the providers?

I am sure @Jar can provide if people want to see them, we were not trying to hide anything just focus on the names.

• @Lee said:
    I am sure Jar can provide if people want to see them, we were not trying to hide anything just focus on the names.

Cover up I smell? Joking of course.

At this rate and from reviews on IRC, I think MXRoute will end up inn top contenders next round my guess.

Thanked by 1jar

@black said:
    Nice. I didn't know you get prizes for voting now. Any chance you'll post the actual vote count for the providers?

Sure! Now keep in mind some of these can and should have been combined, but if you look at it and realize that you have to cut off the list somewhere for the post, you'll notice that actually taking the time to do so wouldn't change anything so I didn't bother. For example, I know Oktay has two different listings on here, but if combined wouldn't have made the top 10.

Totals: http://pastebin.com/A3WY0X7Q

• angrysnarl said: Maybe we should have two separate polls for dedi providers and VPS providers? Or nah..

I don't think there are enough providers in that space for it to be worth it yet....but in 6 month's time who knows? If more providers are prepared to start dropping LEDs (bad acronym, I know)...well, that'll be for a future group of community advisors to discuss with the staff.

GStanley said: That kidechire will do it. Under 5 dollars per month for bare-metal, and people lose their minds.

I honestly don't think that's all it is; the Kidichere got them on the LET radar, but it's the subsequent offers (some of the Dedibox deals have been absolute steals) and Scaleaway that got them to second place.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Lee said: I am sure @Jar can provide if people want to see them, we were not trying to hide anything just focus on the names.

I just wanted to see the difference in votes between different providers :)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Congrats to all the top providers :)

Also worth noting that if people had specified which provider their votes for LowEndSpirit were for, Inception likely would have been in the top 10.

• Also, three cheers for @Jar who pretty much ran this quarter's poll himself.

@Nekki said:
    Also, three cheers for Jar who pretty much ran this quarter's poll himself.

It was fun :)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • LESLES Member

Thanks for the poll & congrats to the top providers :-)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thank you all very much! We really, really appreciate your votes and your business! Thanks for running the poll @Jar.

Thanked by 3hostnoob jar jureve
  • MunMun Member

@jar shouldn't both buyvm and Prometeus get 3rd place as they tied?

Thanked by 1jar
    edited October 2015

@Mun said:
    jar shouldn't both buyvm and Prometeus get 3rd place as they tied?

You're right. You can tell that I didn't try to screw with details much. I just let bash toss the results together after I compiled them and just pasted the result. Will fix :)

Flagged for @mikho, I'm outside the edit timer.

• MunMun Member

@jar

Do I win a hug :D?

Thanked by 1jar