Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for free or cheap mail server provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for free or cheap mail server provider

Currently Im using Zoho but reached free account limit. Are there any good mail service provider with free or cheaper plan than zoho?
I want to host about 2-3 domain and a few user for each domain.

• Nope, I dont want to host mail server on my own.

Comments

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Yandex.com. So far, they are solid provider with feature reach web mail.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Jar and the lovely MXroute?

Thanked by 1jar
  • I'm using MXRoute for some of my emails. Pretty cheap and helpful. Only thing I've noted this far is being afraid to forget the next invoice cause it just works :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • yandex asking me to point primary dns to their dns server.
    mxroute require same thing?

I am using cloudflare and just wanna point mx record to mail server like zoho did.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

psycholyzern said: yandex asking me to point primary dns to their dns server.

You can use CloudFlare and just create CNAME to the Yandex. Something like:

mymail.domain.tld

Thanked by 1JohnRoe
  • mpompo Member

time4vps said: Yandex.com. So far, they are solid provider with feature reach web mail.

Yandex mail seems very nice: free, imap/pop support (over ssl?) - what's the catch? I mean how do they make money with that?

• Go with MXRoute, it's worth the price.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I recommend MXRoute

Thanked by 1jar
  • mpo said: Yandex mail seems very nice: free, imap/pop support (over ssl?) - what's the catch? I mean how do they make money with that?

By their other services. Yandex is essentially Russian Google.

• If you are not paying for it, you are the product.

Thanked by 2Issam2204 4n0nx
  • isalemisalem Member
    edited October 2015

You don't even need to look around! MXRoute all the way!

Thanked by 1jar
  • wow.. too many recommendation on mxroute. Maybe I should really try them. Thanks.

Thanked by 1jar
  • wow.. too many recommendation on mxroute. Maybe I should really try them. Thanks.

• yandex. if you need free and 100% uptime. Got it for years.. why pay? I dont know..

• mpompo Member

William said: By their other services. Yandex is essentially Russian Google.

So that would mean.. marketing? Market penetration?

rds100 said:

If you are not paying for it, you are the product.

My thought, exactly. That's why I don't really understand why they offer that.

Seems like I'll have to try.

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited October 2015

ZweiTiger said: yandex. if you need free and 100% uptime. Got it for years.. why pay? I dont know..

Well, I figure Sam is spying on me anyhow; why add Rus to my surveillance mix?

• mpompo Member

singsing said: Well, I figure Sam is spying on me anyhow; why add Rus to my surveillance mix?

Cause they might make it harder for Sam to spy on you, if you spread your data in various judictions it won't be as easy to get everything in the same place? (only works if their setup is nicely done and the one of people writing to you too, and TLS is not broken, though)

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • mpo said: spread your data in various judictions it won't be as easy to get everything in the same place?

Meh, one person's outbox is another's inbox. Short of gaining some Russian friends to talk to, Sam will still get a copy.

Thanked by 1mpo
  • mpompo Member
    edited October 2015

singsing said: Meh, one person's outbox is another's inbox. Short of gaining some Russian friends to talk to, Sam will still get a copy.

You're right on that. As most use gmail or similar US based mail platforms it probably doesn't make much sense to give your data to the russians.

edit: but hey, it's free, and they might respect your "privacy" ;)

• Zoho, Yandex and MXRoute.

Currently using Zoho for one project and Yandex for all others.

Next might go to free version of MXRoute.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Zoho, Yandex and MXRoute.

Currently using Zoho for one project and Yandex for all others.

Next might go to free version of MXRoute.

Defiantly MXRoute if you just want to receive emails and not have to worry about anything.

• mpo said: So that would mean.. marketing? Market penetration?

As i said: Yandex = Russian Google. They have similar services: An Ad network, a YouTube clone, Maps, Navigation, Social Network, Filehoster, Cloud... the few ten thousand dollar at most per month for a large mail cluster (like, a few storage boxes and a rack full of Dual E5s) for like a million users is not relevant for Yandex at all, their mail can also leverage other services by them (like CDN and loadbalancing) so the costs are lower than standalone.

mpo said: edit: but hey, it's free, and they might respect your "privacy" ;)

Russian gov might read your mail, even much easier than in US (in US you have at least "some" rights, in RU the gov essentially "owns" the judges) - You can however, and i am 100% sure on that, bet that the RU gov will not give much shit about some US court order/subpoena for your data unless it explicitely affects them or Russians/CIS people.

• MXRoute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Going to go along here and just say MXroute all the way :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Does anyone know if Yandex supports sending as an alias? i.e. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en

• You could keep bouncing between free hosts, which is a pain. I and just like a lot of people here recommend MXRoute

Thanked by 1jar
  • Mxroute guys you can't have that have a friendly support than @jar 's Go for it

Thanked by 1jar
  • I can offer you a mail server vps with it semi managed basically meaning I will fix the backend for you like updates and patches but I don't offer any type of "tech support" you get the same support as unmanaged on that let's just say if it isn't the node that is the issue don't expect much "tech support" what I am trying to say I don't manage stuff 24/7 I basically patch it and fix things when possible as I got to sleep too anyway the point to I am getting I will not answer any questions not related to the service on hand like for example will not answer anything that can be answered by Google I am not Google if Google already answered it please don't expect me to reinvent the wheel so to speak.
    Okay since that above was probably hard to understand let me just put it in perspective I can setup you a mail server vps with zimbra ose but I don't do much afer that unless something major happened like the node or something as I can setup the server for you but I am not going to fix anything you need to do like fix dns etc

• I can offer you a mail server vps with it semi managed basically meaning I will fix the backend for you like updates and patches but I don't offer any type of "tech support" you get the same support as unmanaged on that let's just say if it isn't the node that is the issue don't expect much "tech support" what I am trying to say I don't manage stuff 24/7 I basically patch it and fix things when possible as I got to sleep too anyway the point to I am getting I will not answer any questions not related to the service on hand like for example will not answer anything that can be answered by Google I am not Google if Google already answered it please don't expect me to reinvent the wheel so to speak.
    Okay since that above was probably hard to understand let me just put it in perspective I can setup you a mail server vps with zimbra ose but I don't do much afer that unless something major happened like the node or something as I can setup the server for you but I am not going to fix anything you need to do like fix dns etc

• mpo said: Yandex mail seems very nice: free, imap/pop support (over ssl?) - what's the catch? I mean how do they make money with that?

Putin pays for it with the tears of children and kittens who live in Crimea

I like free,too, but in case of e-mail it might be better to pay for it. And if you are going to pay for it then you might as well go with a company that's not shit and respects your privacy. If the law of the country does not allow for privacy, just move on.