Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General PC Hardware (For Sale) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

General PC Hardware (For Sale)

124»

Comments

• jhjh Member

Contacting your bank or the police or a court won't do anything. A CCJ could hypothetically be issued IF you go through the hassle, a court hears it, you go through more hassle, the court decides you're right, probably based on essentially no evidence and finally he still decides not to pay. The impact of a CCJ depends on the situation - if he's broke then, in the UK, he can't really be forced to pay. Baliffs can't do anything to individuals if the individual knows their rights - they rely on scare tactics - and guess who pays for said baliff. If the individual is scared of the CCJ they will pay the £20 at the very last minute after you've wasted hours jumping through hoops.

Give up, move on.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:

42 GBP instead of 28, it is a big difference.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@netomx said:
    Oh come on people! Stop being rageous! He is on a Moose vacation! Goshhhh!

Quite possible that something happened, which is why I'm not shouting trading standards, bailifs or anything. Having said that, he's had plenty of time to send it out though and has said that he has done so. It's not an amount that's worth my hassle considering I'm pretty busy these days but I guess a lesson for me not to trust people who are seemingly trustworthy.

@jh said:
    Contacting your bank or the police or a court won't do anything. A CCJ could hypothetically be issued IF you go through the hassle, a court hears it, you go through more hassle, the court decides you're right, probably based on essentially no evidence and finally he still decides not to pay. The impact of a CCJ depends on the situation - if he's broke then, in the UK, he can't really be forced to pay. Baliffs can't do anything to individuals if the individual knows their rights - they rely on scare tactics - and guess who pays for said baliff. If the individual is scared of the CCJ they will pay the £20 at the very last minute after you've wasted hours jumping through hoops.

>

Give up, move on.

I'm not really expecting anything, I'm not going to the court because it really isn't worth my time and Ben could really have had something come up where he can't send it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.